• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

I've only seen the highlights on MotD but I thought that both teams lacked shape and were poor. QPR's defending for Wigan's second was appalling, four players caught ball watching.

I watched the second-half (GHod help me!)...for a good while, Wigan were really good, repeatedly getting in behind and forcing Green into good saves or hitting woodwork. QPR had the grit of Dagenham & Redbridge (for example) but absolutely no idea at all how to get the ball from back to front! Their second came out of nowhere (yes, nicely worked, nice finish, but so far against the run of play), and yes, shocking equalizer (not unlike us a few times!!!!!)...have to say, when de Silva came on, they looked much feistier. Cisse is like a French Mido!!!!

p.s. just read the post-match quote, cracker from Harry regarding how many points they need to stay up ("Around 14 I hope!") LOL...seriously though, just seeing that he's giving Ben-Haim a trial (someone he wanted at Spurs but was blocked - thankfully!))...he said of Green and Nelsen, "If you had 11 of them in your team you'd be fine."
I've seen that quote before.
He is setting himself up for the miracle. To be fair, it's within the range of him and JJ...I just wonder if they can do it.

Once again HR has a massive opportunity and he fails. If QPR won they are 4 points from getting out of the relegation zone. They drew and now they are 8 points from getting out of the zone. That is 3 wins just to get out of the zone. They were leading. He had to make a decision. On MOTD tonight he said he dithered. It was for seconds but that dithering resulted in an equaliser for Wigan.

Once again HR has a massive opportunity and he fails. If QPR won they are 4 points from getting out of the relegation zone. They drew and now they are 8 points from getting out of the zone. That is 3 wins just to get out of the zone. They were leading. He had to make a decision. On MOTD tonight he said he dithered. It was for seconds but that dithering resulted in an equaliser for Wigan.

This.

I'm sorry, there is enough there to finish 4th from bottom. It just requires some mental strength and a plan. From what I saw, there was no real plan in that second-half. He 'could' be getting let down by some of those players, that's for sure, but if you leave Granero on the bench for Taraabt, and cannot find a place for de Silva, then you're asking for it IMHO...

This.

I'm sorry, there is enough there to finish 4th from bottom. It just requires some mental strength and a plan. From what I saw, there was no real plan in that second-half. He 'could' be getting let down by some of those players, that's for sure, but if you leave Granero on the bench for Taraabt, and cannot find a place for de Silva, then you're asking for it IMHO...

Oh come on - there was like two mins between both second goals so yeah he dithered but even if he didnt dither there is usually a two minute window for a sub to come on anyways right? The sub has to prepare, last minute warm up, tactical discussion etc.

In all honesty Hughes destroyed that team... He just brought a pile of players and thought now what... he had no plan when buying them none more so than the Green/Cesar situation that proves my point. Hughes was a disaster and the owners got greedy by getting rid of Warnock early on

Harry himself said he dithered. Did he not consider the possibility that QPR would take the lead?
I know it is management speak but if you expect to win you will win. He was not immediately prepared for QPR to deal with the lead and he said so himself.

My housemate had this forum spot on when he told me how biased and irrational so many posters were.

Seems that there are a select few posters who really want Redknapp to fail at QPR and have set a high target for him to achieve just to prove themselves right when he fails to achieve the improbable. Likewise it would appear exactly the same posters are real AVB apologists.

Redknapp is a good Manager. Not a great Manager. To keep QPR up this season is going to require a great Manager. They simply don't have many games to accrue the necessary amount of points that a team would usually require to stay up. Their only hope is that the amount of points required to escape relegation is a lot lower than usual. No way QPR are staying up.

My housemate had this forum spot on when he told me how biased and irrational so many posters were.

Seems that there are a select few posters who really want Redknapp to fail at QPR and have set a high target for him to achieve just to prove themselves right when he fails to achieve the improbable. Likewise it would appear exactly the same posters are real AVB apologists.

Redknapp is a good Manager. Not a great Manager. To keep QPR up this season is going to require a great Manager. They simply don't have many games to accrue the necessary amount of points that a team would usually require to stay up. Their only hope is that the amount of points required to escape relegation is a lot lower than usual. No way QPR are staying up.

That's basically what the majority of footballs fans are, why would spurs fans be any different?

Your statement was about Redknapp at QPR, last i checked neither QPR or Redknapp are currently involved with our club.

So you think people are commenting on it without any prior bias from when he was a Spurs Manager? Despite being the same posters who seem to bring him up in any thread where AVB is criticised?

So you think people are commenting on it without any prior bias from when he was a Spurs Manager? Despite being the same posters who seem to bring him up in any thread where AVB is criticised?

To be honest i don't particularly care. He's currently not our manager and i couldn't give a fudge.

Agreed, but they should not be where they are IMHO. The display today, for what I saw, was absolutely disgraceful. Clueless punting about. Wigan deserved 4.

I find thisinteresting.

You are a great advocate of AVB, usually citing there have been major changes to our team and that he can't be judged until he has the players he wants and it will take time to implement a style. Basically you give him a free pass at the moment because he nees time. As it happens I agree with you 100%.

However when it comes to Redknapp and QPR, Redknapp is expected to turn it around immediately and if he doesn't, he fails?

Yeah I think he would have to get QPR in the top half this season to get any credit from some posters.

I tipped them to go down at the start of the season (check the predictions thread), but I actually think he will keep them up and get them to 17th or 16th.

QPR need a miracle to stay up. They need top six form in the second half of the season to stand a chance and they do not have the players available to do it.

I think that QPR held onto Hughes too long but even if they had got rid of him sooner, there is only so much an incoming manager can do with one, out of form striker, a billion average midfielders and a ropey defence.

I think that there is a fair chance that by the time the window opens they will be trimming the wage bill to prepare for the drop, rather than sign players to help them stray up.

Back