• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

If, sorry, when Arry does get appointed QPR manager, how far do u think he'll get them in the epl ? I' m thinking mid table, just

If, sorry, when Arry does get appointed QPR manager, how far do u think he'll get them in the epl ? I' m thinking mid table, just

That's what Southampton thought in 04/05...

For me the most important thing about this appointment is the £30m we're going to get in January for Dawson and Defoe \o/

That's what Southampton thought in 04/05...

For me the most important thing about this appointment is the £30m we're going to get in January for Dawson and Defoe \o/

Are you Levy in disguise?

30m then buy five Dempseys yeah.

You really are pessimistic.

We could buy 3 (4?) vertonghens for that. Why not think of that?

Im not pessimistic at all - just a realist. Just a realist that I wouldnt be confident in replacing Bale (not partiularly in terms of quality as there arent many Bales about)

Did we replace VDV? Did we ever replace Berba? Did we replace Modric? (and no Dembele is not a playermaker like Modric is - that was Moutinho). So not a pessimist more angry yet a realist.

Oh and I did mention that two or three players would be good but knowing us we would buy six to eight players and none of them would be Vertonghen simply because they dont go for less than 15 - 20m. Vert was only that cheap because of his contract length remaining.

Im not pessimistic at all - just a realist. Just a realist that I wouldnt be confident in replacing Bale (not partiularly in terms of quality as there arent many Bales about)

Did we replace VDV? Did we ever replace Berba? Did we replace Modric? (and no Dembele is not a playermaker like Modric is - that was Moutinho). So not a pessimist more angry yet a realist.

Oh and I did mention that two or three players would be good but knowing us we would buy six to eight players and none of them would be Vertonghen simply because they dont go for less than 15 - 20m. Vert was only that cheap because of his contract length remaining.

To turn it around, who did Modric, Berba or VDV replace? Just because we don't immediately sign a top class replacement for someone, it doesn't mean we won't sign quality players again.

No, that's pessimistic.

A realist view would be that we'd have 50m. We'd buy some players who are good enough and some who aren't.

Just like we did in the summer. You are focusing on the 'flops' which is negative, pretty much the definition of a pessimist

This might sound very silly, but I reckon he can get them up to about 6th or 7th in the next 2 or 3 years.

A few days ago I ve stumbled upon a nice 07/08 season compilation,and to be honest,I was really surprised to see how well we played back then and we had players like Bent,Pav,Bentley,Jenas,O'Hara,Palacios,Hutton starting matches and playing really important roles in the team.We played much better football than we do now,with arguably much worse players.Harry was also just appointed then,he also lost Berbatov and Keane,but still he managed very well and we played some great and entertaining football and should ve probably won the CC final against United.

It's sad really that Harry never had the opportunity to go out and make really big signings after we quallified for the CL,we could have been miles ahead of Arsenal right now with the right signings...

A few days ago I ve stumbled upon a nice 07/08 season compilation,and to be honest,I was really surprised to see how well we played back then and we had players like Bent,Pav,Bentley,Jenas,O'Hara,Palacios,Hutton starting matches and playing really important roles in the team.We played much better football than we do now,with arguably much worse players.Harry was also just appointed then,he also lost Berbatov and Keane,but still he managed very well and we played some great and entertaining football and should ve probably won the CC final against United.

It's sad really that Harry never had the opportunity to go out and make really big signings after we quallified for the CL,we could have been miles ahead of Arsenal right now with the right signings...

This is my point. IMO Harry has just inherited a much better team with QPR than he inherited with us. He must be able to take them places.

Guardian sport @guardian_sport

Spokesman for Harry Redknapp says QPR have made contact about manager's position and 'talks will be beginning shortly'

I'd be gobsmacked if contact wasn't made long ago and there are just some minor details left.

This time last year under 'Arry - 28 points from 12 games.
This year under AVB - 17 points from 12 games.
Total sales since Nov 11 - £61.25M
Total buys since Nov 11 - £51.4M
A surplus cash of £9.85M

Love or loathe 'Arry we played better football under him with inferior quality players to what we (alledgedly) have now, Hutton, Jenas, Crouch, Corluka, Krancjar et al. Gonna give AVB time but Spurs is all about making a profit ahead of making a title winning team.........always has been unfortunately

A surplus cash of £9.85M

Love or loathe 'Arry we played better football under him with inferior quality players to what we (alledgedly) have now, Hutton, Jenas, Crouch, Corluka, Krancjar et al. Gonna give AVB time but Spurs is all about making a profit ahead of making a title winning team.........always has been unfortunately

I believe all clubs should try and run at a profit, or at least not a deficit. Lewis and Levy haven't taken anything out of the club yet AFAIK.

I believe all clubs should try and run at a profit, or at least not a deficit. Lewis and Levy haven't taken anything out of the club yet AFAIK.

Looking at player sales v player buys is a silly way of deciding whether or not the club has made a profit or a loss. There are far more factors involved.

No, that's pessimistic.

A realist view would be that we'd have 50m. We'd buy some players who are good enough and some who aren't.

Just like we did in the summer. You are focusing on the 'flops' which is negative, pretty much the definition of a pessimist

I didnt comment on the quality did I though? I commented on the number of players not necessarily the quality.

But thats being faceitous. In reality you goo around buying 7 or 8 players for 50m quid the chances are much greater that they will not only be flops but of a lower quality than the player you just sold. On eor two may turn out great but essentially they will have still cost us 50m quid.

You have to focus on the flops to improve no? You cant sit here and focus on every positive aspect and neglect the negative. I like to point things out by exception on this board not because its a pessimistic view but because most of us know what the positive aspects are and right now there are way more negatives than positives - my view point only.

ANyways this isnt the thread for it.

Looking at player sales v player buys is a silly way of deciding whether or not the club has made a profit or a loss. There are far more factors involved.

That was sort of my point, though I didn't make it clear. That money has gone somewhere else (ie. wages, agent fees, training ground, stadium, hotel&travel for our teams etc.).

A surplus cash of £9.85M

:lol: yeah inferior players but add them to Bale, Modric, VDV, King, Ekotto and it certainly makes a difference

Redknapp overall had better squads of players than AVB currently has

Back