• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

He's not making any assumption other than that Redknapp was not in charge of the finances at Portsmouth and Southampton. We might not know if the CEO or owner or other Board member had the final say on finances but we know it wasn't 'Arry. Even if they gave him a budget and let him spend it as he wanted, there is no way he could spend money they didn't allow him to.

He might have recommended buying overly expensive players, old players with no sell on value, paying high wages and excessive agents fees, and otherwise made financially unsound recommendations, but its the job of the executives to make sure they stayed within a sustainable budget. It doesn't matter if the crowd boo them or call them nasty names, it's their responsibility to make the right decisions for the company.

But your whole post is doing the same again. YOU are making an assumption that things were run under standard practises at Harrys previous clubs, whereby the chairman/CEo controlled the finances. But you have no proof it was this straightforward. And nor do I.

I'm merely pointing out that despite peoples OPINIONS being posted on here, that doesn'r make them right. There is not a single person on here who knew EXACTLY how things were run at previous clubs, but we are able to make a pretty good guess how it works at THFC.

1) Can't believe that Redknapp helps out Bournemouth for free......and is still criticised for it.

2) I am genuinely beginning to think we have some people on this forum with a very low IQ, understanding of how a company is run fiscally or have a complete lack of footballing understanding. Possibly all three. Harry at fault for Portsmouth and West Ham's financial problems? Jesus wept.

3) I am still dumbstruck that a manager who lead us to three great seasons is so hated by so many Spurs fans. Even George Graham was despised less, despite having Spurs playing the most turgid football witnessed at the Lane in my lifetime.

4) I am sad to have been proven so right about the attitude of certain posters on this forum. It does appear, despite the abuse I took for daring to state it at the time, that they're going to be happier with a 6th to 8th place finish under AVB than they would a top four finish under Redknapp.

MK......

1) No issue with Harry doing anything at Bournemouth, but how do you know he is doing it for free? Because he said so?

2) As above, I'm sure many people on here know how a NORMAL company is run fiscally, but this is football, and there seem to be different rules in play. See Chelsea/ Emirates Marketing Project etc

3) This thread is not about how we did under Harry. Only you are making it such

4) See 3. Totally different subject.

MK......

1) No issue with Harry doing anything at Bournemouth, but how do you know he is doing it for free? Because he said so?

2) As above, I'm sure many people on here know how a NORMAL company is run fiscally, but this is football, and there seem to be different rules in play. See Chelsea/ Emirates Marketing Project etc

You beat me to it, they are my thoughts as well.

But your whole post is doing the same again. YOU are making an assumption that things were run under standard practises at Harrys previous clubs, whereby the chairman/CEo controlled the finances. But you have no proof it was this straightforward. And nor do I.

I'm merely pointing out that despite peoples OPINIONS being posted on here, that doesn'r make them right. There is not a single person on here who knew EXACTLY how things were run at previous clubs, but we are able to make a pretty good guess how it works at THFC.

Well I admit its an assumption that the CEO or chairman and others on the Board ultimately have final say in the finances. If I was discussing any major corporation I would make the same assumption. But even if it is an assumption, some assumptions are more reasonable than others. Frankly I find the idea that 'Arry was in charge of the finances at Portsmouth and Southampton and signed off on the company accounts as somewhat implausible. If it turns out he was then I would agree that he should be criticised for their financial state, but until someone can produce evidence that he was then I'll assume that the senior people at the company (CEO, chariman, CFO) had the final say on the finances at Portsmouth and Southampton, just as at virtually any other company..

Well I admit its an assumption that the CEO or chairman and others on the Board ultimately have final say in the finances. If I was discussing any major corporation I would make the same assumption. But even if it is an assumption, some assumptions are more reasonable than others. Frankly I find the idea that 'Arry was in charge of the finances at Portsmouth and Southampton and signed off on the company accounts as somewhat implausible. If it turns out he was then I would agree that he should be criticised for their financial state, but until someone can produce evidence that he was then I'll assume that the senior people at the company (CEO, chariman, CFO) had the final say on the finances at Portsmouth and Southampton, just as at virtually any other company..

Which is all fair enough.

I also doubt HR had financial sign off at those clubs. But there is the possibility (just the possibility) that he MAY have had a stronger hand in financial issues than he had at Tottenham.

But, being even handed about this, there is as good a chance he was under the same type of control, but the purse holders at Pompey, for instance, didn't really have a tight reign on things, and are indeed to blame.

The only point I'm making is that no-one on here actually knows the truth. We can only assume what happened.

Which is all fair enough.

I also doubt HR had financial sign off at those clubs. But there is the possibility (just the possibility) that he MAY have had a stronger hand in financial issues than he had at Tottenham.

But, being even handed about this, there is as good a chance he was under the same type of control, but the purse holders at Pompey, for instance, didn't really have a tight reign on things, and are indeed to blame.

The only point I'm making is that no-one on here actually knows the truth. We can only assume what happened.

Indeed. Also almost EVERY club in the Premiership seems to be struggling and operating outside of their financial means. Is Redknapp to blame for Utd? For Liverpool? For Chelsea (before the buyout)? For Leeds Utd? For Everton? For the multitude of other clubs all on the financial breadline or who were on the financial breadline? Course he is. He is the footballing anti-christ single handedly bringing down Premiership clubs financially.

Portsmouth, West Ham, Liverpool, Chelsea etc are all symptoms of a far bigger problem than just one man or one club. And it's happening all over Europe. And it's an obvious one. To become/remain competitive most clubs have to operate well outside what a normal business would regard as prudent. To attract better players and to keep your best ones you have to pay high wages comparitive to your direct rivals. And the more successful you become, the higher wages you have to pay.

Redknapp even gets the blame on this forum on our wage bill increasing during his tenure. Nothing to do with clauses in contracts triggered by success or anything like that then? He was damned if he did (better performances = higher wages, meaning he had to go) or didn't (mid-table finishes keeping our wages under control).

What riles me though is the double standards of a LOT of posters on this forum, and that has really come to the fore over the last few weeks. Thank fudge for the ignore feature.

MK......

1) I wasn't even aware he had spoken about to be honest. I just know he isn't being paid. It's common knowledge in Bournemouth.

2) My guess is many people on here don't have a clue about most things.

3) This thread is about Harry, what is next for him and that directly relates to what he achieved.

4) Then why let people pour scorn on the point he is acting as a consultant for Bournemouth? Again that is what I am defending. The trolls who come out with dumb unfunny digs are allowed to continue to troll and are allowed to talk absolute gonad*s on the subject and take it off topic but as soon as someone counters their "point" (and I use the word point very loosely) they are told to stop taking threads off topic? I wonder why that is.....oh yes that's right the majority of the mods on here were anti-Redknapp so slagging the man in any thread is perfectly acceptable.

1) Can't believe that Redknapp helps out Bournemouth for free......and is still criticised for it.

2) I am genuinely beginning to think we have some people on this forum with a very low IQ, understanding of how a company is run fiscally or have a complete lack of footballing understanding. Possibly all three. Harry at fault for Portsmouth and West Ham's financial problems? Jesus wept.

3) I am still dumbstruck that a manager who lead us to three great seasons is so hated by so many Spurs fans. Even George Graham was despised less, despite having Spurs playing the most turgid football witnessed at the Lane in my lifetime.

4) I am sad to have been proven so right about the attitude of certain posters on this forum. It does appear, despite the abuse I took for daring to state it at the time, that they're going to be happier with a 6th to 8th place finish under AVB than they would a top four finish under Redknapp.

If any Spurs fan preferres what you just described, then they truly are idotic.

If any Spurs fan preferres what you just described, then they truly are idotic.

not necessarily, i dont think we can be judgemental about that.

If they dont like harry's character then they dont like his character , and would rather do worse for the short term with possible long term gains from someone else that trump harry's possible long term gains. this is possible, its just what people are willing to accept

for instance, i'd rather finish in the top ten with Jol than win the league with Atkinson

not necessarily, i dont think we can be judgemental about that.

If they dont like harry's character then they dont like his character , and would rather do worse for the short term with possible long term gains from someone else that trump harry's possible long term gains. this is possible, its just what people are willing to accept

for instance, i'd rather finish in the top ten with Jol than win the league with Atkinson

Maybe if John Terry was our manager, then I would agree.

But what is Redknapp's biggest crime? Talking a lot? Saying that SOME Spurs fans are idiots (which is true).

If AVB achieves what Redknapp did, then I will praise him as equally as I praised Redknapp.

TMK is exactly right when he says that Redknapp built up credit and AVB has to earn it.

Last edited:
1) I wasn't even aware he had spoken about to be honest. I just know he isn't being paid. It's common knowledge in Bournemouth.

2) My guess is many people on here don't have a clue about most things.

3) This thread is about Harry, what is next for him and that directly relates to what he achieved.

4) Then why let people pour scorn on the point he is acting as a consultant for Bournemouth? Again that is what I am defending. The trolls who come out with dumb unfunny digs are allowed to continue to troll and are allowed to talk absolute gonad*s on the subject and take it off topic but as soon as someone counters their "point" (and I use the word point very loosely) they are told to stop taking threads off topic? I wonder why that is.....oh yes that's right the majority of the mods on here were anti-Redknapp so slagging the man in any thread is perfectly acceptable.

What a ridiculous statement.

Scaramanga
Atrain *
Bankrupt
chancer *
Crawley *
Danish White
diego_maradona
Ginolius *
Jordinho *
milo *
nw7 yid *
Papercut *
thfcsteff
unknown *

The ones with the stars have rarely, if ever slagged HR for what he achieved. Not liking someone for the person he is, is a different matter.

Your statement holds no value.

As for the rest of your comments, you are once again confusing trolling with peoples right to state an opinion within forum rules.
Just because it doesn't match yours doesn't make it wrong.

But what is Redknapp's biggest crime? Talking a lot? Saying that SOME Spurs fans are idiots (which is true).

If AVB achieves what Redknapp did, then I will praise him as equally as I praised Redknapp.

TMK is exactly right when he says that Redknapp built up credit and AVB has to earn it.

i agree with every word you're saying, but i think we should appreciate that every body has their own threshold . ours doesnt care that redknapp is ALLEGEDLY dodgy guy with little to no real loyalty...i dont care about that.

Which is tough to do after 3 games.

What a ridiculous statement.

Scaramanga
Atrain *
Bankrupt
chancer *
Crawley *
Danish White
diego_maradona
Ginolius *
Jordinho
milo *
nw7 yid *
Papercut *
thfcsteff
unknown *

The ones with the stars have rarely, if ever slagged HR for what he achieved. Not liking someone for the person he is, is a different matter.

Your statement holds no value.

As for the rest of your comments, you are once again confusing trolling with peoples right to state an opinion within forum rules.
Just because it doesn't match yours doesn't make it wrong.

It scares me that you don't actually know what trolling is, do you? You are a mod, and you literally have no idea of what a forum (not just GG) troll is. Unbelievable.

And at least two of the mods you've stuck stars against there have stuck the knife into Redknapp or posters who have defended him, on more than one occasion. A couple of others rarely post. So you've proved my point. Well done.

Agreed. Let's just accept that AVB wil NEVER be Harry Redknapp. For some on here that means unless he wins every game he is automatically under pressure

why should we go easy on him when people didnt go easy on redknapp at the first sign of trouble? He did what no other manager in the premiership has done for us, and he did it twice. If his eyes werent wandering he would have kept us 'title relevant' till the end of the season. but ONLY 2 and half months of woes and people totally disregarded all the good he has done as wanted him out

i see no reason why people should cut AVB any slack...poor guy is going to have to be a victim for the deeds of the people that wanted harry out in favour of him

Agreed. Let's just accept that AVB wil NEVER be Harry Redknapp. For some on here that means unless he wins every game he is automatically under pressure

It's not Redknapp that AVB is judged on anyway. It's how he does compared to recent history that's important. So that includes the Redknapp era yes, but also that of Ramos and Jol IMO. Three successive top six finishes for a club of our limited stature is very impressive, and if we manage it again this year it will be a fantastic achievement IMO. So if AVB finishes 6th with us this year, that is a fantastic achievement even though it's a lower positional finish compared to the last three seasons.

As for Redknapp, I am delighted he has taken a role at Bournemouth because a) I have a soft spot for them having lived there for over 10 years and b) it keeps him from managing another Premiership club and therefore being a danger to us.

Back