• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT New Arsenal Shop in Brent Cross

COYS

Allan Nielsen
I know this is quite an irrelevant thread, but to be honest I was really tinkled off tonight at the fact I was walking round in Brent Cross doing my stuff, and I see that Arsenal are opening up a new shop there opposite the Carphone Warehouse! So now whenever I go and buy some clothes I have to look at Wheelchair and Szczesny's face and walk past a shop full of fudging Gooners!

Why don't we have a shop in North West London? We'd make much better business in Brent Cross than Enfield! We have loads of fans in this part of London, and I know for a fact it would make me feel proud walking past it seeing cool photos of Scott Parker and BAE modelling, and would show off the glorious side to Spurs when I'm with people who aren't really as in to football.

Sort it out, Daniel!

Went in our Harlow shop today. Poky little place and the staff couldn't have been any less friendly.

The thing is our shops are pretty clustered together. We have a massive fan base in this part of London, but I only ever really go to the Spurs shop on matchdays because the nearest one to me is in Enfield!

Me too. Whereabouts do you live? The Enfield shop is poky too I only really like the megastore.

Me too. Whereabouts do you live? The Enfield shop is poky too I only really like the megastore.

I live in Bushey at my mum's and Finchley at my dad's. Spurs and Arsenal are the local teams, and I really have no idea why we haven't got in North West London.

No idea should have though. I used to travel in and out of Finsbury Park every day nothing worse than seeing walcnutts face every day and RVP in life size marketing. Used to stress me out at like 730am!

Club seem more concerned with Essex way and trying to compete with the hammers on a commercial front should have opened a shop nw London years ago fudge it why not one central London too

goons had one in st.albans a few years back (fudge that was horrible!) - thankfully it closed after 6 months

This one won't. So many Gooners in this part of London. I'm not even an adult yet. I'm a teenager and my local shopping centre that I always relied on for new clothes and everything else I needed has now been Goonerised. As if this year wasn't brick enough as a Spurs fan, shopping in Brent Cross will never be the same again :(

We are brick at marketing

Not really.

The club will have used its membership database; Season Ticket & One Hotspur, to graphically illustrate a heatmap showing where its core following live. That obviously says that - surprise, surprise - most Tottenham fans live either in the Borough of Enfield or out into Essex. Obviously not all fans, but it's not good value for money to rent a shop in an area which is only going to attract tenuous footfall.

Brent Cross is small fry. If we want to push our brand, then you'd want to see Tottenham opening up a shop in Westfield, Stratford City. 'That's West Ham territory!' I hear you cry - not so. They opened a shop there but such was the disappointing sales, it had to close down. The reason is quite simple: although Westfield, Stratford might be based near West Ham United - the clientele Westfield attracts is, how to put it politely, a little bit more upmarket. It's all about urban gentrification in that area.

I know tons of people who live up my way (Enfield/Barnet) who now - as a matter of course - don't think twice about going to Westfield, Stratford to do their shopping; the choice, surroundings and accessibility make it a no-brainer: A406, A12 - bosh, you're there. We could capitalise on that, no shadow of a doubt as - unlike West Ham - we have a strong, classy brand - one which is synonymous with success and glory. A lot of North/NE London/West Essex consumers are already migrating their shopping to that complex too, and that's our heartland.

Not really.

The club will have used its membership database; Season Ticket & One Hotspur, to graphically illustrate a heatmap showing where its core following live. That obviously says that - surprise, surprise - most Tottenham fans live either in the Borough of Enfield or out into Essex. Obviously not all fans, but it's not good value for money to rent a shop in an area which is only going to attract tenuous footfall.

Brent Cross is small fry. If we want to push our brand, then you'd want to see Tottenham opening up a shop in Westfield, Stratford City. 'That's West Ham territory!' I hear you cry - not so. They opened a shop there but such was the disappointing sales, it had to close down. The reason is quite simple: although Westfield, Stratford might be based near West Ham United - the clientele Westfield attracts is, how to put it politely, a little bit more upmarket. It's all about urban gentrification in that area.

I know tons of people who live up my way (Enfield/Barnet) who now - as a matter of course - don't think twice about going to Westfield, Stratford to do their shopping; the choice, surroundings and accessibility make it a no-brainer: A406, A12 - bosh, you're there. We could capitalise on that, no shadow of a doubt as - unlike West Ham - we have a strong, classy brand - one which is synonymous with success and glory. A lot of North/NE London/West Essex consumers are already migrating their shopping to that complex too, and that's our heartland.

Yes, but we still have a massive fanbase round here! We also have a massive fanbase in NE London, but that's not to say only a few people around Brent Cross support Spurs!

I don't believe the Stratford Westfield would be the place to open up, but maybe the West London one. The Stratford City one is far less upmarket and nice than the one in White City, and I find the White City one more accessible.

Last edited:
Playstation stats .. for what they're worth. Reality check, maybe?

http://community.eu.playstation.com...clubs-with-the-biggest-fanbases/td-p/14445887

English clubs with the biggest fanbases...
Options
on 15-12-2011 04:46 PM

In FIFA 12 Support Your Club on the PS3.

1. Manchester United - 449,857 fans
2. Arsenal - 326,436 fans
3. Liverpool - 217,073 fans
4. Chelsea - 189,552 fans
5. Emirates Marketing Project - 95,627 fans
6. Tottenham Hotspur - 61,486 fans
7. Saudi Sportswashing Machine - 45,732 fans
8. Aston Villa - 27,515 fans
9. Leeds United - 24,318 fans
10. Everton - 20,757 fans
11. West Ham United - 20,660 fans
12. Sunderland - 11,435 fans
13. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 11,066 fans
14. Birmingham City - 9,666 fans
15. Nottingham Forest - 8,419 fans
16. Stoke City - 8,081 fans
17. Middlesbrough - 7,161 fans
18. Southampton - 7,022 fans
19. West Bromwich Albion - 7,015 fans
20. Leicester City - 6,857 fans

Yes, but we still have a massive fanbase round here! We also have a massive fanbase in NE London, but that's not to say only a few people around Brent Cross support Spurs!

I don't believe the Stratford Westfield would be the place to open up, but maybe the West London one. The Stratford City one is far less upmarket and nice than the one in White City, and I find the White City one more accessible.

That's only your anecdotal opinion. The club would use a more scientific means to establish where its support comes from.

Well yeah, obviously NW London Westfield would be more accessible to you...because that's where you live! :lol: Unfortunately, it's not the clubs mission to design its strategy around where COYS's lives though?

On so many grounds, if the club wanted to grow the brand, the wisest choice - by a country mile - would be Westfield Stratford.

That's only your anecdotal opinion. The club would use a more scientific means to establish where its support comes from.

Well yeah, obviously NW London Westfield would be more accessible to you...because that's where you live! :lol: Unfortunately, it's not the clubs mission to design its strategy around where COYS's lives though?

On so many grounds, if the club wanted to grow the brand, the wisest choice - by a country mile - would be Westfield Stratford.
So that's where you live then Sheikh? ;)

Surely the table of PS3 fans only shows how many sad gits play computer games, naturally sky four fans would be at the top as they are mostly kids or have no life

Back