• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT Mancini - judgement time

You haven't said a good word about Redknapp, you clearly don't rate him. And Yaya does get forward, so do Parker and Sandro. They just aren't as good at it!

thats a fcuking lie, you are obsessed mate, i just said something good about Redknapp :) man you are a miserable so and so

I genuinely think Redknapp is a better Manager than Mancini. When we pipped City for 4th, City had a better side than us AND an easier run in. And yet we beat them, and a lot of that was down to the respective Managers. Redknapp gets the extra mile from his players.

But this isn't so much Pro-Redknapp as about Mancini. Mancini isn't as good as Fergie, Wenger, Redknapp, Dalglish (yes that's right, he won two titles and with the right players would have City cruising to the title - City have the right players at the moment), O'Neill, Hodgson, Jol, and probably also Pardew, AVB etc.

I think people are letting Mancini off the hook way too easily here. This Emirates Marketing Project first team and squad isn't just the best in the Premiership. It's fudging miles better than anyone else, including Utd!! How they aren't 10 pts clear is a mystery, and how they are actually that far behind is simply incredible.

It's bad news for us though. With Mancini out the door, it almost certainly means that City will replace him with someone better and then they're going to be unstoppable. Mourinho with this current City team would have had the title sewn up in March......

you massively hate Mancini, thats clear. You are being extremely irrational, thats your problem

Hello, Mourinho could have had Spurs sew up the title by April if he managed us this season. So dont start hailing him as only City's saviour, he is literally one of the greatest coaches the world has ever seen

if you think Mancini is a better manager than Redknapp then thats your choice. IMO both have strengths, both have weaknesses. And il let you know right now, so that you understand, if i had to choose either to manage Spurs i would choose Redknapp over Mancini. The main reason, man management skills. Thats the only reason that tips it for Redknapp imv.

you massively hate Mancini, thats clear. You are being extremely irrational, thats your problem

Hello, Mourinho could have had Spurs sew up the title by April if he managed us this season. So dont start hailing him as only City's saviour, he is literally one of the greatest coaches the world has ever seen

if you think Mancini is a better manager than Redknapp then thats your choice. IMO both have strengths, both have weaknesses. And il let you know right now, so that you understand, if i had to choose either to manage Spurs i would choose Redknapp over Mancini. The main reason, man management skills. Thats the only reason that tips it for Redknapp imv.

I don't rate Mancini and wouldn't want him anywhere near Spurs. City should be celebrating their third successive title by now. I don't hate Mancini, I just don't think he is very good.

Oh and if Mourinho managed Spurs we wouldn't win the title this season. We aren't good enough to win the title yet. We need a quality striker, two new full backs and probably two new centre halves. Then we'd be in a position to potentially win it.

I genuinely think Redknapp is a better Manager than Mancini. When we pipped City for 4th, City had a better side than us AND an easier run in. And yet we beat them, and a lot of that was down to the respective Managers. Redknapp gets the extra mile from his players.

But this isn't so much Pro-Redknapp as about Mancini. Mancini isn't as good as Fergie, Wenger, Redknapp, Dalglish (yes that's right, he won two titles and with the right players would have City cruising to the title - City have the right players at the moment), O'Neill, Hodgson, Jol, and probably also Pardew, AVB etc.

dont you think thats a massive disrespect to Ferguson and Utd??..look, i dont have any love for Utd anymore, over the years ive appreciated them stopping Arse winning more titles and trophies, but still you believe City would have cruised to the title with Dalglish or whoever else you mentioned? Im sorry but Ferguson doesnt allow any team to 'cruise' to the title. Thats what makes him the winning monster that he is.

utd are inferior to City in terms of the squad depth and quality, but then so are Arsenal inferior to Tottenham but i dont see you mentioning this in your constant love for Redknapp. If its all about good players, then why arent we 10 points clear of Arsenal?

Oh and if Mourinho managed Spurs we wouldn't win the title this season. We aren't good enough to win the title yet. We need a quality striker, two new full backs and probably two new centre halves. Then we'd be in a position to potentially win it.

then i ask you, if you consider these to be our weakness, why dont you EVER question Redknapp about not addressing these problem areas, especially the striking dept? you are not fair in your bashing of other posters who DARE speak up if they see something wrong and it takes years to address it

dont you think thats a massive disrespect to Ferguson and Utd??..look, i dont have any love for Utd anymore, over the years ive appreciated them stopping Arse winning more titles and trophies, but still you believe City would have cruised to the title with Dalglish or whoever else you mentioned? Im sorry but Ferguson doesnt allow any team to 'cruise' to the title. Thats what makes him the winning monster that he is.

utd are inferior to City in terms of the squad depth and quality, but then so are Arsenal inferior to Tottenham but i dont see you mentioning this in your constant love for Redknapp. If its all about good players, then why arent we 10 points clear of Arsenal?

The opposite. I think it's a massive respect TO Fergie. I really don't know how they're winning the title this year. They have a lot of average players and yet somehow Fergie has got them playing brilliantly when it matters most. As I wrote somewhere else, I genuinely think this is Fergie's finest title because it's the first time he has won it with a significantly weaker team than a couple of his rivals (Chelsea being the other, how they aren't battling for the title is a mystery to me, they've got the players).

I don't think Arsenal are inferior to us either by the way. I think we under rate them, and over rate ourselves. I think our first XI is probably stronger than theirs but they have Wenger who is worth 10pts a season to them over Redknapp.

then i ask you, if you consider these to be our weakness, why dont you EVER question Redknapp about not addressing these problem areas, especially the striking dept? you are not fair in your bashing of other posters who DARE speak up if they see something wrong and it takes years to address it

I do question it. Loudly and often. However, I also accept that we have a catch 22 scenario that will effect any manager coming into the club. We're a bloody good team and improving on our first team is difficult. Improving on our first team with our current wage structure is going to make a very hard challenge practically impossible. Unfortunately we can't just go out and spank ?ú75m on a couple of strikers and not give a brick if one of them doesn't work out. We have to make every transfer count and even the best Managers usually only get about one signing in every four right.

I think the current strategy of getting in older players to plug gaps whilst looking for a longer term solution is the best one. But it's only viable because we have a young team at the moment. We can get away with that strategy for a couple more years but after that we can't.

I don't rate Mancini and wouldn't want him anywhere near Spurs. City should be celebrating their third successive title by now. I don't hate Mancini, I just don't think he is very good.

dont you even consider that maybe it will take a bit more time to build a winning mentality at that club because of the years of failure they have suffered? is it not possible that it will take much more than just throwing money around? Chelsea spent 80 mill last January and a year on they are in a worse position. A football club, an organisation, is much more complicated than you probably imagine. Its not all about money

I do think that City are like Spurs. There is an ingrained inferiority complex because of forever being in the shadow of our successful nearest neighbours, something that isnt so obvious to the eye. Thats why City have been caught and overtaken by an inferior Utd, and why Spurs have been overtaken by an inferior Arsenal. brick happens

The opposite. I think it's a massive respect TO Fergie. I really don't know how they're winning the title this year. They have a lot of average players and yet somehow Fergie has got them playing brilliantly when it matters most. As I wrote somewhere else, I genuinely think this is Fergie's finest title because it's the first time he has won it with a significantly weaker team than a couple of his rivals (Chelsea being the other, how they aren't battling for the title is a mystery to me, they've got the players).

I don't think Arsenal are inferior to us either by the way. I think we under rate them, and over rate ourselves. I think our first XI is probably stronger than theirs but they have Wenger who is worth 10pts a season to them over Redknapp.

good, i like it, i think the same. Cant argue with that

dont you even consider that maybe it will take a bit more time to build a winning mentality at that club because of the years of failure they have suffered? is it not possible that it will take much more than just throwing money around? Chelsea spent 80 mill last January and a year on they are in a worse position. A football club, an organisation, is much more complicated than you probably imagine. Its not all about money

I do think that City are like Spurs. There is an ingrained inferiority complex because of forever being in the shadow of our successful nearest neighbours, something that isnt so obvious to the eye. Thats why City have been caught and overtaken by an inferior Utd, and why Spurs have been overtaken by an inferior Arsenal. brick happens

I think that excuse simply isn't valid. It's a "fan" thing. Mourinho did it with Chelsea. It can be done and in City's case should be done. Almost all the players are new, and not City fans. They don't give a brick about City's history and they already have the winning mentality.

Mancini fudged it up. He deserves to be fired. End of.

I do question it. Loudly and often. However, I also accept that we have a catch 22 scenario that will effect any manager coming into the club. We're a bloody good team and improving on our first team is difficult. Improving on our first team with our current wage structure is going to make a very hard challenge practically impossible. Unfortunately we can't just go out and spank ?ú75m on a couple of strikers and not give a brick if one of them doesn't work out. We have to make every transfer count and even the best Managers usually only get about one signing in every four right.

I think the current strategy of getting in older players to plug gaps whilst looking for a longer term solution is the best one. But it's only viable because we have a young team at the moment. We can get away with that strategy for a couple more years but after that we can't.

yep, good stuff in there too. Still, im sure you as well as most other supporters would have expected us to sign at least one striker who could make a big difference to our goalscoring threat. Plus he wouldnt have had to cost a lot, Demba Ba and Cisse have shown that there is still some decent priced talent out there.

yep, good stuff in there too. Still, im sure you as well as most other supporters would have expected us to sign at least one striker who could make a big difference to our goalscoring threat. Plus he wouldnt have had to cost a lot, Demba Ba and Cisse have shown that there is still some decent priced talent out there.

They may not have thrived at Spurs, but at the same time I also never use one season as an example on players. If a player performs well over a couple of seasons, then yes. But one season? No, proves nothing. Been way too many cases of players having a great 6 months and then hitting the wall once the opposiiton has sussed them.

But certain players do well in certain styles. There are players out there worth a gamble, but we aren't in a gambling phase so don't have to do it. We need more of a sure thing to progress now.

I think that excuse simply isn't valid. It's a "fan" thing. Mourinho did it with Chelsea. It can be done and in City's case should be done. Almost all the players are new, and not City fans. They don't give a brick about City's history and they already have the winning mentality.

Mancini fudged it up. He deserves to be fired. End of.

Chelsea already changed the losing culture before Mourinho arrived. From 1997 to 2003 they won FA cups, a european trophy, they were challenging the top 2 or 3 at the time.

in fact Mourinho is very clever, he walked into a very good Chelsea team and added his special gold dust, he did the same at Inter who also had an excellent base and were title winners in the previous years. He took over a pretty damn good Real team too and has had to alter a few minor details.

smart man that Mourinho

Chelsea already changed the losing culture before Mourinho arrived. From 1997 to 2003 they won FA cups, a european trophy, they were challenging the top 2 or 3 at the time.

in fact Mourinho is very clever, he walked into a very good Chelsea team and added his special gold dust, he did the same at Inter who also had an excellent base and were title winners in the previous years. He took over a pretty damn good Real team too and has had to alter a few minor details.

smart man that Mourinho

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the culture of failure opinion.

They may not have thrived at Spurs, but at the same time I also never use one season as an example on players. If a player performs well over a couple of seasons, then yes. But one season? No, proves nothing. Been way too many cases of players having a great 6 months and then hitting the wall once the opposiiton has sussed them.

But certain players do well in certain styles. There are players out there worth a gamble, but we aren't in a gambling phase so don't have to do it. We need more of a sure thing to progress now.

imagine if we had one good season from both Ba and Cisse. Wouldnt that be a plus point, wouldnt the goals they have scored for Saudi Sportswashing Machine be also beneficial to us this season, that difference between 4th and possibly being closer to the top 2?

back to Mancini, he royally fcuked up in buying Balotelli. His arrogance thought that he could convert Balotelli, even though he knew balotelli was a raving nutter, well, its backfired. Mancini's fault......even yesterday, Balotelli should have been taken off much sooner than he was, even after the early GBH on Song (reminded me of Gazza in the 91 cup final, Balotelli like Gazza back then went into the game with completely the wrong attitude)

Mancini inherited Tevez, and got a goo season out of him. But Tevez is a bad apple, its why Fergie got rid of him, and Mancini also had enough of him but it seems the club ordered Mancini to accept Tevez back into the squad and that has added to the nightmare run in they are having.

back to Mancini, he royally fcuked up in buying Balotelli. His arrogance thought that he could convert Balotelli, even though he knew balotelli was a raving nutter, well, its backfired. Mancini's fault......even yesterday, Balotelli should have been taken off much sooner than he was, even after the early GBH on Song (reminded me of Gazza in the 91 cup final, Balotelli like Gazza back then went into the game with completely the wrong attitude)

Mancini inherited Tevez, and got a goo season out of him. But Tevez is a bad apple, its why Fergie got rid of him, and Mancini also had enough of him but it seems the club ordered Mancini to accept Tevez back into the squad and that has added to the nightmare run in they are having.

Balotelli was always going to be a gamble. However Balotelli has the talent (I say 'has', cause he still has it) to become a player most teams in the world, including City, can't buy. When you have almost unlimited money available it was a good gamble I think. And one that might still pay off for Mancini or the next manager at City.

I agree however that Mancini could have done better with Tevez and perhaps also Balotelli.

this is probably a good time and place to say thank you to mancini and Emirates Marketing Project. they kindly loaned us ade and are generously paying more than half his wages which has not only strengthened us but also weakened Emirates Marketing Project. to roberto mancini, i salute you.

:ross::ross::ross:

Back