• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: 5 biggest bands ever?

Has anybody mentioned the eagles? Or cream? Or the animals? Or led zep? All bigger in the usa than here but nevertheless massive massive bands...

Oh and by the way, did I read somebody putting pink floyd and radiohead in the same bracket musically? Not sure how ti treat that...Floyd changed music forever...thom yorke just whines over discordant noise....IMO

Oh and by the way, did I read somebody putting pink floyd and radiohead in the same bracket musically? Not sure how ti treat that...Floyd changed music forever...thom yorke just whines over discordant noise....IMO

That was me in that to fully appreciate both bands you need to listen to their whole albums rather than pick and choose hit singles, and I stand by that comment.

Come at me bro.

Floyd obviously a much bigger band than Radiohead. Much fuller body of great work IMO, but as someone poited out, that is subjective.

IMO the Beatles and Floyd will probably endure the longest. The Beatles, for cultural and musical reasons. the Floyd, because IMO at their peak in the 70s , their music reached a higher level.

it has to be the misfats.

gal_Misfats2007.jpg

Has anybody mentioned the eagles? Or cream? Or the animals? Or led zep? All bigger in the usa than here but nevertheless massive massive bands...

The Zep were a special, special band, self produced, self engineered and completely original. I absolutely love them. Not sure they make the top 5 though.

Floyd obviously a much bigger band than Radiohead. Much fuller body of great work IMO, but as someone poited out, that is subjective.

IMO the Beatles and Floyd will probably endure the longest. The Beatles, for cultural and musical reasons. the Floyd, because IMO at their peak in the 70s , their music reached a higher level.

The Beatles are untouchable really, just fantastic...and I think Floyd tick the box on so many levels that I couldn't argue. That span between "Meddle" and "Wish You Were Here" is just superlative to the max...

Not sure how to figure concert sales, tickets, albumns sales etc now vs the 60s, 70s. My favorites would be:

1) Bob Marley
2) The Beatles
3) Jimi Hendrix
4) Freddie King
5) Led Zeppelin

Interesting, I always loved "Freaky Styley" and "Mother's Milk" best of all...

Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar for me in reverse order. Haven't bought an album of theirs since, bought scar tissue on cd single though, liked that alot. They certainly know their formula.

Uplift Mofo Party Plan, Mothers Milk and Blood Sugar for me in reverse order. Haven't bought an album of theirs since, bought scar tissue on cd single though, liked that alot. They certainly know their formula.

You know what, I'll go for that, "Uplift..."is a great album too, but "FS" is also a classic. I'm with you though...

Back