• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OOMT: Spurs vs Woolwich Nomads

I most heartily, and I mean HEARTILY, disagree with the bit on bold mate.

I hope so mate. The optimist in me says that maybe Leicester will drop some unexpected points and we get some amazing wins and turn it around at the death. But things like today though, GARGH! If we were 2-1 up away to Everton and they were down to 10 men, 20 mins to go, and we drew, I'd be phucked off. But at home to that shower of goon sh1t , it's more than a man can take, even a Spurs fan.

This is my therapy session, coming on here haha. PHUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

we, second, Tottenham fudgeing Hotspur, Tottenham fourteenth Hotpsur, finishing second in the PL, straight into the CL group stage

I'll be drunk dancing for a month

Yes, when the dust settles, if we were to finish 2nd to Leicester, or even 3rd in the league, we'll have had a great season. But we'll feel like Liverpool fans from the Suarez season -- great team, their best of recent times and yet...what they remember is blowing the chance for the league, rather than finishing 2nd. And that's a club that has won the league many more times than we're ever likely to!

Yes, when the dust settles, if we were to finish 2nd to Leicester, or even 3rd in the league, we'll have had a great season. But we'll feel like Liverpool fans from the Suarez season -- great team, their best of recent times and yet...what they remember is blowing the chance for the league, rather than finishing 2nd. And that's a club that has won the league many more times than we're ever likely to!

Except they came second to City. I could stomach THAT.

Feels like points lost, I was there today and the place was rocking when we went ahead. From that point and with the man advantage we should have seen that game out.

I didn't see their equaliser properly from the other end, was it quite a poor goal to concede?

I'm also confident that we'll be better next season, and better the season after that, I don't see this as a one off at all

I'm also confident that we'll be better next season, and better the season after that, I don't see this as a one off at all

You sound like a 2013/14 Liverpool fan.;)

I see the parralel that @the dza is talking about, but i think things will fall somewhere in between.

if IF we do make top 3, then Levy will have to buy a striker as soon as the window opens in June. Harry will surely have to get a few extra weeks off at the start of the season and there will no excuses to burn him out...

We do have stronger foundations than what Brenton had imo so as long as we don't faff around with Poch's targets we should be more stable than Liverpool were then

I think the occasion got to some of them today; one or two clearly feeling a bit leggy, doubts crept in and they froze a little bit, and that showed in the way they were unable to press the 2-1 advantage. Pochettino has taken them a long way down the road; the mentality is strong, much stronger than many Spurs sides of old, but it's not bulletproof, and in the end, they were probably relieved to hear the whistle with the scores at level-pegging. It's as much about belief as anything from now on, so it's very important the chins come right back up again in the coming days.

Nine more to go, and we're still three points ahead of them, which is three more than I'd have expected at the start of the week if you'd told me we were only going to get a draw today. Shame Leicester have extended the lead again, but let's just refocus and be ready for the next one.

I see the parralel that @the dza is talking about, but i think things will fall somewhere in between.

if IF we do make top 3, then Levy will have to buy a striker as soon as the window opens in June. Harry will surely have to get a few extra weeks off at the start of the season and there will no excuses to burn him out...

We do have stronger foundations than what Brenton had imo so as long as we don't faff around with Poch's targets we should be more stable than Liverpool were then

possibly, but Liverpool knew he was leaving and they were a one man team masking an incompetent manager

we have a young strong balanced squad, plenty of money coming in the summer from the tv deal, an excellent scouting and coaching team, all working out of world class facilities, this hasn't been thrown together, our current situation is the result of years of hard work throughout the club

the financially doped clubs can outspend us still of course, but are United gonna sign a better CB than Toby, the gooners a better forward than Kane, Chelsea a better CM than Alli or City a better keeper than Lloris?

we are in rude health

I think the occasion got to some of them today; one or two clearly feeling a bit leggy, doubts crept in and they froze a little bit, and that showed in the way they were unable to press the 2-1 advantage. Pochettino has taken them a long way down the road; the mentality is strong, much stronger than many Spurs sides of old, but it's not bulletproof, and in the end, they were probably relieved to hear the whistle with the scores at level-pegging. It's as much about belief as anything from now on, so it's very important the chins come right back up again in the coming days.

Nine more to go, and we're still three points ahead of them, which is three more than I'd have expected at the start of the week if you'd told me we were only going to get a draw today. Shame Leicester have extended the lead again, but let's just refocus and be ready for the next one.

That is a very fair post..

The competition just blows up next season though. Can you imagine Pep's City with a sh1tload of cash, Jose's (maybe) Utd with a sh1tload of cash, Klopp's Liverpool with a fair bit of cash, and a Simeone or Conte led Cheslea with another sh1tload of cash? Next season it will be harder than ever to win the league imo, this season has presented an opportunity not seen in my lifetime supporting Spurs. We could get up there, but if we can't do it this year, then when could we ever? It's there for the taking this season, the rival is bloody Leicester City!

Nothing like Liverpool, they were relying on one, maybe two players, and the one making the real difference was off in the summer.
We are a team, a young team at that.
As for the Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea all spending fortunes and getting better next season, says who? They've all spent fortunes already and are trailing Leicester. We are two seasons ahead of them all, have a stable base and a hunger and desire they will struggle to match.
Not saying we are going to dominate or win back to back titles, but it's also not certain this will be our last or best chance.

Having said all this, Arsenal fans celebrating a draw against us like they've won the league, how the roles have reversed. We outplayed them at their's and was dissapointed with only a point then too.

Who out of us can remember the 1996-2010 period where we basically never beat them.

Man that game sucked the life out of me. A week ago I believed we could win the title but now I'll actually be delighted with a CL spot. Crazy to say when we are sitting second but I know in the darkest parts of my mind that the Sanchez goal will be a pivotal moment in Arsenal's season. I know this post will elicit the usual barbed responses to stop moaning but I've seen this movie before and I can't help but feel like this when we let these watershed moments slip by us again (and again). Arsenal fudgers.

The competition just blows up next season though. Can you imagine Pep's City with a sh1tload of cash, Jose's (maybe) Utd with a sh1tload of cash, Klopp's Liverpool with a fair bit of cash, and a Simeone or Conte led Cheslea with another sh1tload of cash? Next season it will be harder than ever to win the league imo, this season has presented an opportunity not seen in my lifetime supporting Spurs. We could get up there, but if we can't do it this year, then when could we ever? It's there for the taking this season, the rival is bloody Leicester City!

all four of them may have new managers next season

Agree with this, there is a feeling that if we don't win it this season when will we win it? this could be the one chance in our lifetimes or at least for a very long time to win this.

I know most neutrals want Leicester to win it but I don't, obviously I'd rather then won it than Arsenal. But somehow it would be even more annoying that in the one season we finish above the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the Manchester teams we lose the league to Leicester. They'd join the likes of Blackburn as teams who have won the league more recently than us.

Every single season everyone says the traditional top 4 are all going to be stronger next year and that we should be delighted with 5th...its a load of rubbish. City spent over £100m on two players this summer and where did it get them? Chelsea had just won the league...United had just spent 250m...but it doesn't matter. If we do what we do well, we will compete.

Every year Real are supposed to finally be better because they will buy more players and yet every year now Atletico are up there still, giving as good as they get. That can be us.

Agree with this, there is a feeling that if we don't win it this season when will we win it? this could be the one chance in our lifetimes or at least for a very long time to win this.

I know most neutrals want Leicester to win it but I don't, obviously I'd rather then won it than Arsenal. But somehow it would be even more annoying that in the one season we finish above the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the Manchester teams we lose the league to Leicester. They'd join the likes of Blackburn as teams who have won the league more recently than us.

Leceister winning would be a great story and is a damming inditement on the traditional top 4 to not put up enough of a fight. It's not really a stick to beat us with considering what we've achieved while being in profit from player trading. If we make top 3 this year it's an amazing season.

Every single season everyone says the traditional top 4 are all going to be stronger next year and that we should be delighted with 5th...its a load of rubbish. City spent over £100m on two players this summer and where did it get them? Chelsea had just won the league...United had just spent 250m...but it doesn't matter. If we do what we do well, we will compete.

Every year Real are supposed to finally be better because they will buy more players and yet every year now Atletico are up there still, giving as good as they get. That can be us.

you can't build a squad in a summer

I don't think I've ever felt this bad in my life. Not from football anyway. I feel like I'll never get over this. I just feel like dying.

When I'm 90 and lying on my death bed, I will think about this game. "In 2016, Spurs had the chance to win the league, and we blew it in a game against Arsenal when we were 2-1 up against ten men and still messed it up." We'll never get another chance like this in my lifetime, I am sure of it.

Oh, come on, like our title hopes depended on this match alone. Mark my words - it will take the pressure off us a bit. Now, watch us pick up points against the Villas and the Bournemouths, and snatch a win against United at The Lane for the first time since 2001 to go top come end of April! ;) And then, let's see where we end up.

Haha, but really. We played a good game, we deserved to win, we fudged up a bit defensively. I'm also gutted, but all things considered, it's really not the end of the world.

Back