• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OnLive

fudge this lot, I posted about it last year and got nothing! I think it's a great idea, I don't game enough to buy but i'd have been all over it in my teens and early 20s.

Oh and I've played Dirt on my Touchpad, that was fudging insane... Streaming to my Touchpad!

I've tried it last year but was dissiponted with the video compression and lag. It wasn't unplayable by any means but the differences between games on onlive and locally installed were huge and the problems were just enough to put me off. Figured in 3-5 years time it would be great though.

How have you got your nexus already btw? Thought they were delivered tomorrow, getting our one at work then.

2 delivered today

Got an email about them upgrading delivery to overnight

Check out Dead Trigger when you get it up and running

Won't be able to install games on the work one (well I could but it'll be linked to the testing Google account and no way am I putting it on my csrd!

Was going to buy dead trigger for my s2 or touchpad but got modern combat 3, nova 3, mass effect infiltrate and a million other games to get through first. Doubt that will ever happen though ad despite buying quality games I tend to only play the casual games!

Missed the email about the moved date, though I wouldn't have seen it on that account anyway!

Were you using Onlive on your Nexus, Southy?

I've tried it in the past, but got similar lag issues to Ginolius, but I think that was the HW at my end. It must be where it's heading though.

Were you using Onlive on your Nexus, Southy?

I've tried it in the past, but got similar lag issues to Ginolius, but I think that was the HW at my end. It must be where it's heading though.

Yeah I logged in last night and watched some live feeds of other people playing games (PRO Evo etc)

Also watched some videos of people showing off (Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed)

They all looked smooth but I've not played a game myself yet

I suppose you are at the mercy of your ISP and WiFi

I guess we'll all look back in 10 years time (when the civilised world is on fibre, and wonder how we coped)

I've got 60meg fibre so it should be decent, id say it was my wifi (virgin superhub is abysmal) but I got the same on the PC.

It's not that it's 'video buffering' sort of lag, more like the cursor and commands are a fraction a second behind, just enough to annoy me as I miss something or overshoot a button. The graphics would probably be ok for a tablet at low resolution too, just blown up they looked very compressed.

It's definitely the future but not quite there yet for me.

Back