• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

On this day in..

Gazza Dazzla

Chris Perry

The Gazza semi final. Still my best moment watching Spurs. Atmosphere was electric and the game was huge at the time, our money problems and stopping the Goons doing the double, plus the FA Cup still actually meant something.

No one leaving the stadium and the players coming out for a lap of honor. As an 11 year old being part of that was something special and will never be forgotten.

00F24978-0402-4631-A7DC-24612ABFAF78.jpeg

97878F29-504F-4963-BA76-4E590312A346.jpeg

D8C5EE27-D8E2-4BF2-8609-599CA09BE167.jpeg

Amsterdam got close, but I don't think this Spurs moment will ever be beaten for me.

I was 9 or 10, and just watched it on tv at home, but I'll never forget the shock and then exhilaration of it.

As nuts as this sounds, I dreamt Gazza's goal in the week leading up to the match and was convinced we'd win. Only differences were that it was a penalty rather than a free kick but it went exactly where he put the free kick and I remember feeling it was the best penalty I'd ever seen. And we won the game 4-3 rather than 3-1.

Brilliant day. Didn't think we'd be 32 years down the road and still not have another FA Cup.

I was there! While Gazza's free kick was awesome, the scenes when Lineker scored the third goal were just mental. People falling over seats, hugging everyone and anyone! I'd love to top that someday by seeing us actually the Cup. Going down Wembley Way singing "Where's your double gone!"

I was there! While Gazza's free kick was awesome, the scenes when Lineker scored the third goal were just mental. People falling over seats, hugging everyone and anyone! I'd love to top that someday by seeing us actually the Cup. Going down Wembley Way singing "Where's your double gone!"
I was on the side, level with the 18 yard box on the other side of the goal to you, same side as the dugouts.

what a day! The final was great as well, we sat right next to Chas and Dave, got my programme signed by them, but the semi was just better!

I was on the side, level with the 18 yard box on the other side of the goal to you, same side as the dugouts.

what a day! The final was great as well, we sat right next to Chas and Dave, got my programme signed by them, but the semi was just better!

I remember it cost me £150 for a match trip package (flight and match ticket). That was pretty expensive back then. I was quoted £300 for the same package for the Final. Couldn't afford it. :(

The Gazza semi final. Still my best moment watching Spurs. Atmosphere was electric and the game was huge at the time, our money problems and stopping the Goons doing the double, plus the FA Cup still actually meant something.

No one leaving the stadium and the players coming out for a lap of honor. As an 11 year old being part of that was something special and will never be forgotten.

View attachment 15375

View attachment 15374

View attachment 15376

A special Spurs day! I was there, sick with what turned out to be glandular fever, but carried by the adrenaline of the day. For those who were not fans (or born!) then, the context makes it much more than the bare facts of a win against the local enemy. First semi-final at Wembley. A team that Gazza had carried to this point, but Gazza had been injured and had hernia surgery. Only played a few minutes in a mid-week game. Arsenal going for the Double -- we are a huge underdog. And then ..... the free-kick! and Gazza's part in the second goal (selling a brilliant dummy to free Paul Allen). But they pull one back just before the half .... Gazza fades and is withdrawn --- can we hang on? Lineker uses Samways by not using him (right in front of where I sat) and Seaman lets the shot through his hands. Unbelievable!

So for me personally --- sick as a dog that night. Out sick until the final and that was another great game. Left the UK in 1992 --- apologies for causing the FA Cup drought since then!

Brilliant day for sure and Gazza was brilliant, was at the final as well and the injury to Gazza ( bloody idiot) meant he was never the same player again. Love the FA Cup and some of my best memories are of the finals ( except for the Coventry one). My son had a S/T as well but he could not make the game so i took my Dad ( who was a Emirates Marketing Project supporter), needless to say i never took him to a Spurs game again.

I jumped up and fell through the gap as the seat folded up
I smacked my head head in the bloke in front
I remove Gazzas goal so well
And I also remember the train to the game with quite a bit of racism form spurs fans towards arsenal
My dad tried to explain it but struggled

Brilliant day for sure and Gazza was brilliant, was at the final as well and the injury to Gazza ( bloody idiot) meant he was never the same player again. Love the FA Cup and some of my best memories are of the finals ( except for the Coventry one). My son had a S/T as well but he could not make the game so i took my Dad ( who was a Emirates Marketing Project supporter), needless to say i never took him to a Spurs game again.

Yeah I hear people say that maybe around 1996 was the best of him. It’s nonsense. He was still a brilliant player but it takes away how good he was from around 1989 - 1991. I can’t remember seeing too many central midfielders who could do what he could do with a football. Phenomenal talent but a really, really sad story in so many ways.

Back