• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Worst OMT Ever ***

I dont mind the players coming back, at all. We counter attack VERY effectively, so the premise of having numbers back to defend and then break on a team out of defensive shape is absolutely fine by me.

That said, I do absolutely agree with Lloris. He holds the ball, holds the ball, then plays it short... So frustrating. We all know distribution is his weak point, but even so, he could be doing a lot better than he is. Particularly in how quickly he releases the ball, and whether or not he goes forward with the pass/kick/throw.

Didn't we have a good start this year?

iirc We equal led our record points tally after 10 games. Something like that anyway.

I don't think we keep losing the title at all. We've had 3 really good seasons of massive progress, and in one of them we were in contention, but never leading, never favorites, and it didn't quite happen.

In this and last season, it should also be noted that two teams have gone on record equaling and record breaking winning runs.

To be fair in the last 3 seasons we have come up against teams on record breaking runs that give them an advantage (hard earned) or come from a way back like we did against Leicester

We have never been top and in those 3 years only had one chance IIRC to go top

I'll say it again (because i like it), Son Stunned by Hit From Bong.

I see no mention of this in any of the post match analysis, or on Sky, or even in Poch's post match comments, (I heard it in passing on the end of the stream I was watching, but it buffered during the incident so not seen it or a replay) So I'm guessing the clubs not moaned about it.

I dont want to see that 433 again.

Kane was isolated and had no support. Lamela and Son both t0o far wide either side of him and Eriksen and Sissoko both too deep in relation to him to properly link up.

I’m sad to report that Kane was one of our main problems last night. I don’t think I have ever seen him so static in a game. He hardly ever moved out of his central position. He never came deep nor pulled out to the wings. He didn’t lead the line at all well - didn’t hold the ball up or win any headers. He didn’t even close down aggressively as he usually does.

Would love to see his heat map and distance covered. Despite his great shot from the free kick, in my view this was one of his most disappointing performances for us. He never created space or tried to move their defenders around. He just didn’t look at it - was something wrong with him?

My arrival in the UK continues to bring us good fortune. You're all welcome! I'm attending Burnley away too, so that'll be a decisive victory for us I'm sure.. But let's do Man bricky first.

What a boring game that was, i know a lot of teams come and play us by shutting up shop but Brighton really tried to kill the game by their tactics. I have a lot of time for CH but that was a joke, my son in law is a ST holder at Norwich and he said that the reason they sacked CH was because he got more defensive as the season went on and the crowds got smaller.

I know some teams have to play that way against us and the bigger teams but they showed NO ambition at all, at least the likes of Burnley,WBA at least tried to win the games against us but i did not see that from Brighton last night.

Didn't we have a good start this year?

iirc We equal led our record points tally after 10 games. Something like that anyway.

I don't think we keep losing the title at all. We've had 3 really good seasons of massive progress, and in one of them we were in contention, but never leading, never favorites, and it didn't quite happen.

In this and last season, it should also be noted that two teams have gone on record equaling and record breaking winning runs.

We did have a good first ten games, but we're not at the halfway point yet, and have already dropped points to Burnley (D), Watford (D), Leicester (L), West Brom (D), Chelsea (L), Arsenal (L), United (L)...you know the drill.

Additionally, I believe I saw a stat somewhere (probably here) that tallied our points total at the 13-game mark (I think it was) under Poch over the last four seasons. It's more or less hovered at the 20-24 point mark consistently, for four seasons running. When I say that we start slow, both those things come into play - it's not our first ten games, it's our first *nineteen*, prior to the second half of the season getting underway post Boxing Day. The form we show between January and April-May is in stark contrast to what we show prior to that period getting underway - and while our starts might still be relatively good by our own standards, winning the Premier League requires us to junk our standards entirely in favor of adopting far more exacting demands. Because our own standards aren't league-winning standards. At least, that's true for those we ended up setting in the Premier League era, anyway.

Here's the stat, by the way -

I agree that 'losing the title' is a bit of an exaggerated term to use - I shouldn't have used it. But that's where we give up leads we end up being unable to fully claw back. And we've been doing it for three seasons running.

Thought we were quite good. Decent intensity and purpose with our passing. First goal is a fluke, but we created a good amount of half chances and a bit of luck with one of them was always likely.

Not our best performance obviously, but in a mid week game against a bus parking team what we got was fair enough.

Almost forgot.

I really liked Kane's little reversed pass for Lamela. Just a shame Lamela was offside and couldn't convert.

Kane gets so much attention whenever he turns towards goal anywhere from 25 or even 30 yards in. Space is bound to open up as defenders are desperate to get into a blocking position. Next level stuff from Kane to adjust to that and start picking those creative passes from time to time.

My final summary. Good result. Ok performance. Great to see those around us (Arsenal & Liverpool) drop points. Good to meet @Juicebox - would be good to catch up with others in future, and yes, I’ll stay back for couple of beers next time! Now on to beating City & I’m staying confident for this one now...why can’t we beat them?!

My final summary. Good result. Ok performance. Great to see those around us (Arsenal & Liverpool) drop points. Good to meet @Juicebox - would be good to catch up with others in future, and yes, I’ll stay back for couple of beers next time! Now on to beating City & I’m staying confident for this one now...why can’t we beat them?!

Great to meet you too, will undoubtedly see you at more games in future

Back