• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Lyon

Looks like there's still a lot available on the ticket office website. Most of the upper teir in all the stands is still yellow, even some green.

Whereas if this was a game against Lyon in the Champions League it would have sold out weeks ago.
Should be a good game, will be interesting to see if Bale cam take prem form into Europe.

what ultimate price? I understand that Friedel has a different style and Lloris is in good form but fudge me it's not like we are throwing Alnwick in there have some faith.

The price of playing a keeper who at his age needs regular football to stay match fit and sharp - something which Brad hasn't seen in around 4 months.

I want us to play the best team possible and win the game.

The price of playing a keeper who at his age needs regular football to stay match fit and sharp - something which Brad hasn't seen in around 4 months.

I want us to play the best team possible and win the game.

I'd trust AVB and Parks' judgement over yours any day of the week. I don't think that they have put a foot wrong in their goalkeeper selections this season and I see no reason why that should change tonight.

Just seen the provisional squad Ceballos and Bentaleb added but no Carroll or Kane....weird.

I still think Kane will be sent out on loan to the Championship. He can't play for us if we want to send him out on loan.

Where did you see the provisional squad? Is it likely to be accurate?

I'd trust AVB and Parks' judgement over yours any day of the week. I don't think that they have put a foot wrong in their goalkeeper selections this season and I see no reason why that should change tonight.

I'm not passing judgment - simply expressing my opinion on a specific topic - which is what I believe this forum offers as a medium.

Strong as possible for tonight then rest for the 2nd leg is the way to play this one. Our next game is in 7 days for the away return so no need to rest anyone tonight.

I'm not passing judgment - simply expressing my opinion on a specific topic - which is what I believe this forum offers as a medium.

I think it's time to bring back Pacino Arc? With the cute dog people just aren't respecting you like they used too :lol:

we should be playing Lloris....he is a keeper, he doesnt need a rest or to be rotated. Its the knock out stage of a european competition and we need our best keeper.

we should be playing Lloris....he is a keeper, he doesnt need a rest or to be rotated. Its the knock out stage of a european competition and we need our best keeper.

It's not about resting Lloris. It's about making the sensible long term move. Freidel needs game time in case the worst should happen to Lloris.

So that he can just be ready to step in, rather than step in rusty and cost us.

It's not about resting Lloris. It's about making the sensible long term move. Freidel needs game time in case the worst should happen to Lloris.

Isn't the 'sensible long term move' trying to win the competition by playing the best team possible?

Friedel is our 2nd choice keeper and as such needs to accept he might spend the entire season on the bench, like most 2nd-choice keepers do. Rotating keepers for important games is not common practice if at all.

I didn't see SAF resting RVP last night just to keep Hernandez match fit ;)

Last edited:

I can understand the point you're making but back in the day, Pat Jennings played in every first team match Spurs participated in and Ken Hanc0ck, Barry Daines or whoever else was second choice simply bided their time.

I think we should be playing our strongest possible team against Olympique Lyonnais and that includes the goalkeeper.

Isn't the 'sensible long term move' trying to win the competition by playing the best team possible?

Friedel is our 2nd choice keeper and as such needs to accept he might spend the entire season on the bench, like most 2nd-choice keepers do. Rotating keepers for important games is not common practice if at all

No, the sensible long term move is to try and keep your bench players match fit in case injuries occur. For outfield players this is far easier, you can give them 20-30 minutes at the end of matches however it's not something you can do with goalkeepers.

The sensible long term option is to do the best in all competitions you have entered using the squad of players at your disposal.

If there were only say five games left then sure, it would be crazy to not play Lloris, however there are 12 PL games +2 EL games. Perhaps even more EL games. Having the second string keeper match fit in case something happens to Lloris is far more important.

(IMO)

This never used to happen. No.1 Keepers played all the time, the number 2 had to simply be content on the bench. Plus in this case, Friedel has a tonne of experience to fall back on if he is suddenly called upon. No chance of him being rusty and not ready

Back