• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Lyon

Ok, I won't say that.

I will point out that I really hope your lot lose to Blackburn on Saturday though.

Is that going to be your predictable response EVERY time this season I dare to say something you dont agree with. How childish (i assume your a grown man, but forgive me if im wrong).

I think today has taught us a lot of important lessons:

Relying on one man is fine.
Spurs can score freekicks.
Never trust a man with no shins.

Is that going to be your predictable response EVERY time this season I dare to say something you dont agree with. How childish (i assume your a grown man, but forgive me if im wrong).

I've just never known a Spurs fan so down on Spurs. Especially not one who shows all the signs of wanting us to fail.

We have to rely on individual goals because we're not very fluid and clever at this whole pass-and-move business. Dribbling is a great skill to have in your locker, but we can't mindlessly dribble everywhere or take three touches just to control the ball and figure out where to pass to. Don't get me started on how static we are once we've offloaded the ball to a teammate too...we've gotten much better at our off-the-ball work as a team, but we start walking once we've gotten the ball. That's a pretty damning difference between us and United, forget about just the striker business. It's not about the like-for-like differences in individual quality, it's about the cohesion and intelligence of the team as a whole.

We have to get cleverer in the transfer market if we want to get somewhere. Even though I actually like most of our players, passing technique and vision are very, very difficult to improve once in your twenties.

Well our best man for that is Holtby, who doesn't even start the game.

Its not even Parker not sitting, its that he's physically not able to control a midfield, he's too old and lightweight now.

I disagree. I think that it is taking him a little while to regain form after a long time out. He is not as good as the player he is replacing but is far better than the other alternatives.

We can be both deliriously happy and realistically worried at the same time :) Might be my Asian parents, but as soon as I/anything I support do something well, I immediately start looking for ways to pick it apart and see if we can do better!

OFFS!!!??? How many of you said it would be too good to be true?? WTF??? Really???? HAHAHA!!!

I am one of those who turned away even before the free kick and expected it to hit row z. I mean statistically, you dont get many go in over a season, never mind 3 in2 games, especially for us. I dont understand what just happened but I dont care.=D>

I disagree. I think that it is taking him a little while to regain form after a long time out. He is not as good as the player he is replacing but is far better than the other alternatives.

I'd like to see Holtby in his position. Seems to have the required aggression, probably not quite as good in a tackle but he can pass and move.

Didn't see this... Away in Germany at the mo but just got the result, you gotta laugh! Get in son, well done... Long may it last.

Bring on the Spammers.

Lyon can't sit back next week now... we're gonna rip em apart!!

1-0 wins the tie, but I think there were very promising signs tonight throughout the team (not just Gareth) that we are on the cusp.
I thought we could get another year out of Gareth but after tonight to achieve that is more of a challenge

I'd rather we let him settle in his strongest position first

From what I've read he played there pretty well in Germany a few times.

If that's true, I'd rather see Holtby and Dempsey (even out of form) on the pitch than Holtby and Parker. Obviously Holtby and Sandro would be far better when it's an option.

We have to rely on individual goals because we're not very fluid and clever at this whole pass-and-move business. Dribbling is a great skill to have in your locker, but we can't mindlessly dribble everywhere or take three touches just to control the ball and figure out where to pass to. Don't get me started on how static we are once we've offloaded the ball to a teammate too...we've gotten much better at our off-the-ball work as a team, but we start walking once we've gotten the ball. That's a pretty damning difference between us and United, forget about just the striker business. It's not about the like-for-like differences in individual quality, it's about the cohesion and intelligence of the team as a whole.

We have to get cleverer in the transfer market if we want to get somewhere. Even though I actually like most of our players, passing technique and vision are very, very difficult to improve once in your twenties.

You have to allow for mitigating circumstances. Right now we are missing Defoe's speed of movement and Sandro's simplicity. Parker, as much as he brings, slows the team down. Dembele is adapting to him but slowly. When you lose players like that, you are going to lose fluidity. Lyon shaped up very very well and took advantage of our sluggishness. This is a passage of time in our season which are riding out well considering. It is very clear by AVBs lack of window movement that he is gearing up his changes for the summer. Right now our squad spirit and having GHod on our side, is proving a saviour. If it continues this way through to the end of May, I will take it in the knowledge that the manager knows hat needs doing...

I've just never known a Spurs fan so down on Spurs. Especially not one who shows all the signs of wanting us to fail.

Is it not obvious that my frustration is such because I DONT want us to fail ? Missing out on the CL last season was heartbreaking but it was the way we threw it away that hurt most. The same could (and almost certainly will) happen again if we dont improve as a team overall. Wonder goals wont be enough to keep us winning if the others dont step up to the plate.

I do apologise if I seem negative to some, but its only because we are so close to realy getting somewhere but could ultimately end up with nothing again.

Im a realist and do not cover my ears and ears to the obvious. I remember last season when things started going pear shaped lots of people buried their heads in the sand and thought the unthinkable couldnt happen. But it did. I dont think I could take it again this year.

It was obvious when you looked at our playing staff at the start of the season that we were going to be crap on the ball. Now with sandro gone the problems are painfully accentuated. Sandro and Dembele have enough of an all round game that we can get away with, Parker - fraid not.

I'd be very very surprised if we don't sign a couple of ball playing midfielders in the summer.

Back