• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Inter Milan

Friedel
Walker
Caulker
Vertonghen
Parker
Holtby/Livermore (assuming Dembele is out)
Lennon
Bale
Siggy
Ade

I think this is how AVB will set us out

Loving this at the moment le arse inter milan & liverpool all in one week.

well I think it will be friedel,bae,verts,caulker,naughton,parker,holtby,lennon,sig,bale & defoe.

only because I think avb may rotate slightly - that team would be more than competetive and give walker,dawson,dembele a rest.

Defoe needs to play as many minutes as he can - we need him getting match fit.

I think this game will be tight and i actually predict 1-1 yet I back us to win in milan.

Poor old Arsenal - have to fly to munich to have there champs league exit rubber stamped - my heart bleeds....

COYS

If we win this tie, does that knock our UEFA co-efficient high enough to make the CL second pot? Or is it already there?

And maybe we run out a load of kids.

Hell no, I want us to win the EL and fnish 3rd, that would be a great season

Agreed! Finishing above the Goons for the first time in almost 2 decades plus our first European silverware in almost 3 decades would be immense [-o<

Great run of games to be watching. This could be another brilliant game for us.

Like Arcy I hope Lloris starts, but could see AVB changing it. Not expecting a ton of changes to the team though.

I realy think we should play a B kind of team.
I dont care if its Inter, we can meet em next year in the CL.
And we have only 3 days after Inter before Liverpool game and the same before the Fulham game.

We realy need 3 points against Liverpool and Fulham.

The team I would play would be:

------------------Friedel----------------
Walker----Kaboul----Gallas-----Naughton
Lennon----Livermore---Caulker---Holtby
-------------Dempsey---Obika(or Defoe if Obika cant play in CL)

If we win this tie, does that knock our UEFA co-efficient high enough to make the CL second pot? Or is it already there?

And maybe we run out a load of kids.

Beating Lyon moved us above Metalist Kharkiv and Braga. Winning this tie would move us ahead of PSV Eindhoven and Ajax into 26th place in the UEFA rankings. If we qualify for the CL group stage then that would give us a good chance of being in Pot 2, but it would depend on who else qualified.

I also think Bale should be rested for this one (first leg at least) - I worry we'd burn him out as we have 5-6 extremely tough PL fixtures coming up

I realy think we should play a B kind of team.
I dont care if its Inter, we can meet em next year in the CL.
And we have only 3 days after Inter before Liverpool game and the same before the Fulham game.

We realy need 3 points against Liverpool and Fulham.

The team I would play would be:

------------------Friedel----------------
Walker----Kaboul----Gallas-----Naughton
Lennon----Livermore---Caulker---Holtby
-------------Dempsey---Obika(or Defoe if Obika cant play in CL)

I wouldn't mind a bit of rotation, but I just don't see AVB making those kinds of changes. He didn't rest a lot of players in the group stages, nor against Lyon. Why start when we've progressed?

I don't think Kaboul is quite ready to start yet, perhaps the second leg. Could see Caulker, Gallas, Naughton (for Walker, Ekotto was rested against Wham), Livermore, Holtby, Dempsey (if fit) and Defoe come into the side. That wouldn't make us much weaker actually, as most of those have gotten quite a few games this season and been somewhat close to being regular starters at times. But Caulker in midifield, Obika starting etc. That's just not going to happen imo.

I also think Bale should be rested for this one (first leg at least) - I worry we'd burn him out as we have 5-6 extremely tough PL fixtures coming up

Agree with that, though Messi seems to play every game for Barca. I do think we need to bring in a naturally left sided player in the summer now that Bale is playing centrally. We look a bit unbalanced with Siggy there

Agree with that, though Messi seems to play every game for Barca. I do think we need to bring in a naturally left sided player in the summer now that Bale is playing centrally. We look a bit unbalanced with Siggy there

Coutdown to affy wonky post...

10, 9, 8, 7, 6.....

I think Holtby, Sig and Dempsey all do a good job there.

Coutdown to affy wonky post...

10, 9, 8, 7, 6.....

I think Holtby, Sig and Dempsey all do a good job there.

Yep, they can all do a job there and are all decent squad players but none of those three are long term solutions in that position. That said, if we move to a 4-3-3 in the summer then the formation probably suits those 3 better and we'd need a slightly different type of player

I wouldn't mind a bit of rotation, but I just don't see AVB making those kinds of changes. He didn't rest a lot of players in the group stages, nor against Lyon. Why start when we've progressed?

I don't think Kaboul is quite ready to start yet, perhaps the second leg. Could see Caulker, Gallas, Naughton (for Walker, Ekotto was rested against Wham), Livermore, Holtby, Dempsey (if fit) and Defoe come into the side. That wouldn't make us much weaker actually, as most of those have gotten quite a few games this season and been somewhat close to being regular starters at times. But Caulker in midifield, Obika starting etc. That's just not going to happen imo.

Well I think we can all agree there will need to be some rotation........as im not privvy to the mental/physical state of our players the question is who needs a rest???????

I would worry that if we left bale out it would be to much of a boost for inter however I also appreciate the tough league fixtures coming up. Andre gets paid well to make these decisions.

as per a previous comment I would love us to finish 2nd and win this competition. I am a Villa fan tonight - if they can beat city then the city players may find it difficult to motivate themselves for the rest of the season if they throw in the towel to manu for the championship.

So who do we rest????? and how do we try and keep this streak going as winning obviously will keep our confidence going into the final third of this season.

He's got two games coming up for Wales as well, and he is truly is a one man team for them. One's against Scotland and a certain Charlie Adam.

We need to utilize the squad for this game, Inter will probably do the same as they're 4th only on goal difference .

Back