• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Emirates Marketing Project

-------------------------Friedel---------------------------

Walker------------Kaboul---------King---------------Ekotto

-------------------------Sandro---------------------------

-----------------Parker----------Modric--------------------

--Lennon------------------------------ -VDV--------------

------------------------------ Bale------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

Subs: Cudicini, Dawson, Bassong, Livermore, Pienaar, Niko, Defoe

This is the sex

Lol as if Bale would play centre forward! Id be interested to see how he plays as a No.10 (just off the big man) though.....

What do people think of Defoe up top on his own? Obviously need to make sure he's not isolated due to his size, but I do think over the past 12 months his hold up play and all round awareness has improved.....

Lol as if Bale would play centre forward! Id be interested to see how he plays as a No.10 (just off the big man) though.....

What do people think of Defoe up top on his own? Obviously need to make sure he's not isolated due to his size, but I do think over the past 12 months his hold up play and all round awareness has improved.....

i wouldnt say 12 months, he was horrendous up until the start of 11/12. this season hes been good in flashes. without a run in the side he can only be an impact player unfortunately. Id like to see him give Savic a few bursts of pace. This is his chance, if he does well this weekend he will be asking to be looked at for England backup striker ( which means he gets in while Rooney is suspended ).

i wouldnt say 12 months, he was horrendous up until the start of 11/12. this season hes been good in flashes. without a run in the side he can only be an impact player unfortunately. Id like to see him give Savic a few bursts of pace. This is his chance, if he does well this weekend he will be asking to be looked at for England backup striker ( which means he gets in while Rooney is suspended ).

Fair enough, personally I noticed an improvement since he re-signed from Pompey although I know the majority thought it was the same old Defoe. I agree he should try and expose Savic, you mention Defoe for England he's actually looked decent up there as the main man but I guess international football is a different beast. Arcspace questioning whether Savic will play but who else do they have? Richards if fit?

dont think blondie can play up top on his own...

It depends if we play intelligently or not ie our defenders hoofing long balls all day long.

I can't remember the game but it was one last season where Defoe played up front on his own away from home and I feared the worst but he actually did well and it was largely because we didnt play long from the back much at all. I can't see a plausible alternative (Pav isn't going to start I'm sure) so hopefully they've got the tactics spot on for Sunday....

Fair enough, personally I noticed an improvement since he re-signed from Pompey although I know the majority thought it was the same old Defoe. I agree he should try and expose Savic, you mention Defoe for England he's actually looked decent up there as the main man but I guess international football is a different beast. Arcspace questioning whether Savic will play but who else do they have? Richards if fit?

should also add, signing from pompey was excellent - and him and crouch scored us into the CL. but last season, both of their return and failure to adapt to VDV coming in meant they looked stale in the face of progress. As for Savic, hes got a big question mark over him. Of course Lescott will be a mountain as usual, I cant see Mancini playing Richards at CB without an in form full back to cover. It will be key to see how they handle Bale and Lennon without the best CB pairing. Hopefully Bale wont go wandering off doing his C Ronaldo impression too early, stick to the wing and allow the classic twisting of the fullbacks to occur... the hole at CB for city is the defining battle.

I heard Richards is also out on Sunday? Now that is a big bonus, even though I think Zabaleta is severely underrated

should also add, signing from pompey was excellent - and him and crouch scored us into the CL. but last season, both of their return and failure to adapt to VDV coming in meant they looked stale in the face of progress. As for Savic, hes got a big question mark over him. Of course Lescott will be a mountain as usual, I cant see Mancini playing Richards at CB without an in form full back to cover. It will be key to see how they handle Bale and Lennon without the best CB pairing. Hopefully Bale wont go wandering off doing his C Ronaldo impression too early, stick to the wing and allow the classic twisting of the fullbacks to occur... the hole at CB for city is the defining battle.

Agreed, they are definitely vulnerable at CB if Savic does indeed play there and we have a good chance of getting something from this game if we take advantage. Even though Ade is a big miss, I believe we have enough up front and on the wings to do so.....

I heard Richards is also out on Sunday? Now that is a big bonus, even though I think Zabaleta is severely underrated

I read somewhere a couple of days ago he was a 'doubt', but he's a big player for them and wouldn't be surprised if he plays.

Big boost for us if he too is missing. You're right Zabaleta is underrated but I'm not sure he'd be able to cope with Bale's pace and movement, even though he is a very solid defender......

How poor does their defence look without

Richards - Toure - Kompany - Kolarov/Clichy

--

Zabaleta - Lescott - Savic - Kolarov/Clichy

Definitely gotta cause that problems.

How poor does their defence look without

Richards - Toure - Kompany - Kolarov/Clichy

--

Zabaleta - Lescott - Savic - Kolarov/Clichy

Definitely gotta cause that problems.

Yeah, we should cause them problems for sure. Are you including Toure as one of their first choice CBs? I think Lescott is ahead of him in the pecking order now regardless of him being at ACN, even though personally I rate Toure as the better player.....

Yeah, we should cause them problems for sure. Are you including Toure as one of their first choice CBs? I think Lescott is ahead of him in the pecking order now regardless of him being at ACN, even though personally I rate Toure as the better player.....

Toure is 10x the player but like you I thought Lescott was also ahead of him, just seem to remember the last few City games I watched, Toure has been starting.

Back