• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM vs CHELSKI ***

This one from the racists forum made burst out in laughter and wake up the missus. He didn't watch the game, yet have all the answers! What a macaron!
Luckily I just slept this one out.

I'm not surprised at our loss. This was always going to be a really tight game, against strong, fired-up opponents in their own den.

Starting Kante-Matic was fine. A midfield with Cesc would have been inappropriate against high-pressing opponents because we would get overrun even more. However with hindsight maybe complementing Kante and Matic in midfield with Cesc (or even Chalobah) might have given us more bodies to cope with their pressing while providing a passing outlet.

However, I think Pedro's selection was a mistake, despite him scoring against Tottenham. Pedro is good when his movement is needed to break down stubborn defences while playing quickly. Against Spurs, Willian's qualities on the counter were always called for. That is if we didn't decide a 3-man midfield was best.

Still, we're in good shape considering the travails of September. Just need to learn from this experience and keep going.

Sheer joy! Brilliance and composure on the pitch + full of enjoyable side incidents like Pedro & Costa's spat accompanied by the whole of Paxton jeering for ages, the weird bump into Dier from Costa along with Lloris messing with Willian over picking up the ball made them look like clowns, the respect Alli got visibly from Chelski players when he was subbed. I'm also sure the Chelski fan who was sitting next to me (son of a nearby ST holder) really enjoyed all the verbal rib jabs I gave him as much as I did. Ha. I hadn't expected to see this game out with a rousing round of la la la la... la la la la... you're sh*t, but there it was.

I actually find him quite likeable. Seems to possess a degree of humility and grace. Not things you would often associate with that club.
Well not at pitch side.

I went to the cinema tonight night with the kids (Rogue One - excellent). Anything happen while I was gone?

Watching the highlights I saw an interesting thing which I'm surprised "The Great Know All" Mr Tyler didn't see or maybe didn't know. Harry Kane was given offside from a throw in from Rose on about 30 minutes. A player is not offside if they receive the ball directly from a goal kick, corner or throw in.

Having just reviewed the match let me say, fudge you Chelsea.

I'm sure you guys watching the match at the time were not thinking it, but that was as measured and mature a performance as I have seen in a long time. I was hoping that the lads would not get into 'revenge mode' and they didn't. In fact Chelsea had 3 incidents within the first 10-15 mins which were yellow cards on another day. Atkinson let them slide but he also let a few of ours slide too. Rose and Alderwerield both could have seen yellows later in the match but didn't.

We controlled that match.
Comprehensively.
5 mins at the start of each half was their reposte, and that was it. That's all they had. They had a few chances early in each half and it might have changed the narrative but they scarcely deserved it and the best team won. THE BEST TEAM WON. Time for a little celebration.

Having just reviewed the match let me say, fudge you Chelsea.

I'm sure you guys watching the match at the time were not thinking it, but that was as measured and mature a performance as I have seen in a long time. I was hoping that the lads would not get into 'revenge mode' and they didn't. In fact Chelsea had 3 incidents within the first 10-15 mins which were yellow cards on another day. Atkinson let them slide but he also let a few of ours slide too. Rose and Alderwerield both could have seen yellows later in the match but didn't.

We controlled that match.
Comprehensively.
5 mins at the start of each half was their reposte, and that was it. That's all they had. They had a few chances early in each half and it might have changed the narrative but they scarcely deserved it and the best team won. THE BEST TEAM WON. Time for a little celebration.

Here, here. Completely agree on all counts.

Tally Ho, The Tottenham.

I only enjoyed that after the 93rd minute. Up till then I was sitting there nervous as fek.

Hah! Same here! Every time I nibbled a certain fingernail, we seemed to take control of the match. I've got a throbbing fingernail on my right hand now. Worthwhile sacrifice.

Years ago, a mate of mine would avoid watching any live coverage and only record any international game England played. It was only after hearing or reading reports of an England win - or decently-played draw - that he would deign to watch his recorded match.

Says he: "I can't bear to watch us lose. I might hurt someone else if things go badly. So I simply record the game. If we win, then I can stock up on good food and drink,watch all the good bits over and over and really enjoy myself."

I can't be like that with Spurs. I'm in 'gotta-know-now' mode. I watch it live and roll with the result. Overall, it's made me a stronger human being.

Watching the highlights I saw an interesting thing which I'm surprised "The Great Know All" Mr Tyler didn't see or maybe didn't know. Harry Kane was given offside from a throw in from Rose on about 30 minutes. A player is not offside if they receive the ball directly from a goal kick, corner or throw in.

Yes, that did happen, didn't it? The whole pub reacted to it, but nothing was said by Smith and Tyler and no replay show. Very strange refereeing.

what a great performance, did costa touch the ball? We were immense at the back, Verts and Toby are by far the best centre back partnership in the league, great tactics from Poch to nullify the deep threat of Kante and two superb assists from Eriksen and the boy Ali in the right place at the right time, not once but twice.
The media reporting of us is shameful but just think about all those egos that were bruised and will continue to have red faces as our streak continues.

Sheer joy! Brilliance and composure on the pitch + full of enjoyable side incidents like Pedro & Costa's spat accompanied by the whole of Paxton jeering for ages, the weird bump into Dier from Costa along with Lloris messing with Willian over picking up the ball made them look like clowns, the respect Alli got visibly from Chelski players when he was subbed. I'm also sure the Chelski fan who was sitting next to me (son of a nearby ST holder) really enjoyed all the verbal rib jabs I gave him as much as I did. Ha. I hadn't expected to see this game out with a rousing round of la la la la... la la la la... you're sh*t, but there it was.

The Pedro/Costa spat was hilarious. And until I rewatched the first half when I got home last night I didn't realise it went on for a good bit longer than the initial argument I remember thinking at the time, in between the laughing and jeering, that we would simply not see that with our players. The odd frustration, yes, but nothing like that. Classless. (someone will no doubt show me to be wrong here!)

As for Hugo v Willian : the outcome was funny but I'd rather Hugo didn't play games like that. It's no good for my heart.

Back