• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* - Tottenham vs. Burnley - FA Cup

Obv my post above is rendered null if Poch doesn't rotate :)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

He only rates ones who fit his system and trust him. I see nothing wrong with that. We have a big squad sure, and I imagine half don't care about the club and couldnt care less theyre not playing. He needs to get rid of those. We have too many.

I doubt we can rest too many, and I dont think Poch will do wholesale changes, maybe 5 possibly 6. I can see Burnley sending the same 11 that played at the weekend, right now Dyche seems to be playing the same team, barring injuries, and it seems to be paying dividends.

If it means getting into top 4, I don't mind losing this. However our chances of getting top 4 looks worse at the moment.

I know. But that's why I put in players like Yedlin, Winks, Onomah and Oduwa ahead of Naughton, Capoue/Dembele, Paulinho and Lennon.

I'd be ok with us fielding a completely second strength side and would not be too bothered if we got knocked out if the gamble does not pay off.

That is not the same as saying that I want us to get knocked out of forfeit the game. Just that our squad of players who the manager rates is too small to fight on four fronts and continue to progress.

I'd be ok with us fielding a completely second strength side and would not be too bothered if we got knocked out if the gamble does not pay off.

That is not the same as saying that I want us to get knocked out of forfeit the game. Just that our squad of players who the manager rates is too small to fight on four fronts and continue to progress.

This. Rotate, rotate and rotate. The only player I would be prepared to play from Saturday is Townsend to see if he can find any form and confidence. Until he does, he doesn't deserve any more first team starts for a while.

The thing is putting in the youth players is not so much of a gamble any more as the reserves have proved they are not up to it. Would rather not see Capoue or Paulinho again and the youth players can not be any worse.

please NO kane or eriksen in the squad. we have some tough games coming up and poch will run these guys dry. if ade and soldado etc cant come in and do a job against burnley then we REALLY need to get rid

As usual, you are the voice of reason. You should really change your username to VoR.

In the next few games it is likely Kane will pull a hamstring or groin or his back will go after a heavy landing, and we'll all bemoan our lack of depth... the time to use the depth is NOW.

As usual, you are the voice of reason. You should really change your username to VoR.

In the next few games it is likely Kane will pull a hamstring or groin or his back will go after a heavy landing, and we'll all bemoan our lack of depth... the time to use the depth is NOW.

Yes, to a degree.

If we actually lose this tie and it was because we didn't at least some of our better weapons on the bench to tryand rescue the tie then all those bemoaning not using the squad will be saying 'we lost an FA Cup tie at home to f-ing Burnley; Poch Out!'

We have to win for team momentum sake if nothing else, and this is the FA Cup

Yes, to a degree.

If we actually lose this tie and it was because we didn't at least some of our better weapons on the bench to tryand rescue the tie then all those bemoaning not using the squad will be saying 'we lost an FA Cup tie at home to f-ing Burnley; Poch Out!'

We have to win for team momentum sake if nothing else, and this is the FA Cup

I think the best idea is just to ignore those who overreact or have unrealistic expectations.

If we actually put out a reserve side it would be okay, but we'll continue to run key players into the ground (even more) if we stay in it.

Agreed. I'd be tempted to completely switch it up for this tie.

----------------Vorm-----------------

Yedlin----Kaboul----Chiriches---Davies

----------Capoue---- Paulinho---------

--Lennon----------------------Townsend

-----------Adebayor---Soldado----------

Rest Eriksen, Chadli and Kane most importantly

I think we should rotate and not start Kane, Chadli and Eriksen but I can't understand people wanting us knocked out of the cup. To each his own I guess but I find it sad especially as the FA Cup is more Tottenham than anything else

There isn't going to be a big crowd tomorrow, still so many tickets left for sale

Unfortunate timing at a guess, right after xmas, for those on monthly pay it is always a long month till payday, plus a glut of games in such a short time, I assume there are plenty who can only afford to go to so many games in a month, like me and the missus

Unfortunate timing at a guess, right after xmas, for those on monthly pay it is always a long month till payday, plus a glut of games in such a short time, I assume there are plenty who can only afford to go to so many games in a month, like me and the missus

+Weather warnings, looks like the worst rain will be overnight, from about midnight onwards but you don't want to be stuck if the trains and busses start messing up. Especially if the game goes to extra time and penalties. Also it will be cold and blustery for the duration.

Is blustery a word?

Back