• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*******TOTTENHAM VS Ar5ena1***********

A lot can be said about the cross though, it was difficult for them to defend, though perhaps Monreal should've gone in harder as he was the only defender not back pedalling.

You see that as soon as the ball hits the net Bentaleb is straight off to the dug out to get his next set of intructions from Poch. Very professional.

A lot can be said about the cross though, it was difficult for them to defend, though perhaps Monreal should've gone in harder as he was the only defender not back pedalling.

You see that as soon as the ball hits the net Bentaleb is straight off to the dug out to get his next set of intructions from Poch. Very professional.

Agreed! The cross was pin point perfect. In between the centre back and the full back to the area Kane was (and should be) moving. Difficult to defend for most defenders that.

If I was going to pick at Arsenal's defending for that it would probably more be the time and space they allowed Bentaleb in that kind of area to find that pass. But we were good all game at finding our players in pockets of space.

Edit: Oh and yeah. Bentaleb over to Poch to celebrate and get instructions was pretty cool!

Yes, we deserved it BIG time which was glorious to see.

SCARAMANGA, I thought there was no point crossing the football in modern football????????????????????????????
You've completely misunderstood - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've done so intentionally.

We crossed the ball 25 times in the match against one of the poorest teams at defending crosses in the league. Of those 25 only 2 connected with Spurs players and one of them was a goal. In order for that goal to happen it took an amazing, pinpoint cross, a very, very good header and some really poor defending.

So yes, I still believe it's a very low return way of playing.

PreciousValidAstrangiacoral.gif

Men vs Boys.

it wasn't so much that they didn't win the header, more that Kane wasn't touched, in that situation you might not get there first but the forward has to know you are there

New I thought their main error for the second goal, was no one coming out to challenge Bentaleb . He received the ball from a Rose throw-in and was allowed so much time to get his head up and whip one in.

I've just got home. Did I beat you? Belfast v Warrington!

I'm a bit hoarse now, I know that I'll not be able to speak at all tomorrow!

Brilliant day and thanks for your reassurance of a win in an earlier thread!

Still absolutely buzzing!

You almost did tbh. I think I need to go every NLD from this moment on. 4 from 4. Get in!

We were in Row 2 Block 56. Loved it when he ran to the corner flag right in front of us. Went f#ckin mental, does not fully describe how I felt at that moment

I could watch that header over and over again. The moment he knows it's going in and peels away to start celebrating....priceless

That move was just beautiful.

It certainly was beautiful; getting down the wing outside the width of the box, and CROSSING it in :p

We tried to go through the middle 385 times with no goals. We tried 25 crosses and got 2 goals. You do da math.

It certainly was beautiful; getting down the wing outside the width of the box, and CROSSING it in :p

We tried to go through the middle 385 times with no goals. We tried 25 crosses and got 2 goals. You do da math.
We got one goal from a cross, the other was from a set piece. Are you advocating using set pieces as one of our main forms of attack?

We got one goal from a cross, the other was from a set piece. Are you advocating using set pieces as one of our main forms of attack?

One of? certainly... especially if you have players like Verts or Fazio who are good in the air... it would be silly and absurd to dismiss it

One of? certainly... especially if you have players like Verts or Fazio who are good in the air... it would be silly and absurd to dismiss it
I'm not suggesting we dismiss it, but aiming to create those situations as an attacking force is a bit 'Stoke'

I'm not suggesting we dismiss it, but aiming to create those situations as an attacking force is a bit 'Stoke'

I agree - if we are aiming to play for throw ins and corners then yep I wouldnt like playing that way. I am a big lover of 442 but I do like Poch's system... its on another level from AVBs

Back