• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham v Wolves

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 5611

We make do with what we have. Nothing can be expected in terms of transfers, because it's almost certain that we won't make any, with all the usual excuses trotted out.

What you see is what we're going to have to work with.

We rotated in full backs and a centre back today, added back in Dele and had Moura to come off the bench.

Where we were fudged today was Winks, Sissoko and Eriksen playing yet another game when they really could have done with a rest. But no Lamela, Dembele, Dier, Wanyama...so we were buggered.

We have suffered from injuries and so far we’ve coped, today I think was just a step too far but I don’t think it’s a major depth issue. We don’t have such a shallow squad that losing to Wolves is acceptable, but we do have a lot of injuries and a lot of games to play.

So with Llorente goodness knows where, Moura was the only available offensive option, and people are surprised when we no longer look like a team capable of competing for the title

I knew today would be tough. Wolves played well at theirs. Too many games toomany injuries. players are tired.

It really is as simple as that. 3 injured CMs (2 long term it seems) and another CM sat on the bench unused when the 2 on the pitch are cream crackered.

I believe it, I think our best 11 is better than city or Liverpools.
That’s open to debate In itself but either way the amount of games the top teams play it’s about the depth of the squad not the first eleven and that’s where we come up short....

I think we're a bit unfortunate to have Dier and Lamela out right now though. Dier in particular. With long-term injuries to our other centre-mids (which I grant you, could have been predicted and perhaps should have been sorted by now, by replacing one of them). But just having those two available today would have made a big difference, imo.

I think even Dembele’s injury was to his ankle, not the hip that has been bothering him more regularly, so I think he was expected to be playing some more. The Dier appendicitis thing is a bigger, because he absolutely would have been used to rest Sissoko or Winks in this week of games.

So with Llorente goodness knows where, Moura was the only available offensive option, and people are surprised when we no longer look like a team capable of competing for the title
Llorente wouldn’t have been brought on anyway, so his whereabouts were kinda irrelevant.

I think Poch just likes having company on the bench!!

Why is it that everyone says that we should be ok with losing matches? How does losing matches that we should win help us to win the title? Is it no wonder that people get frustrated at our bottle job performances. Liverpool are winning so often, yet we constantly fudge it up when we get good chance. We are a great team, and should be capable of so much more than today.

I can understand why we lost. I can’t understand why anyone thinks people should be ok with us losing.

Why is it that everyone says that we should be ok with losing matches? How does losing matches that we should win help us to win the title? Is it no wonder that people get frustrated at our bottle job performances. Liverpool are winning so often, yet we constantly fudge it up when we get good chance. We are a great team, and should be capable of so much more than today.

I can understand why we lost. I can’t understand why anyone thinks people should be ok with us losing.

Wolves are a decent team who have beaten some good sides this season.

We rotated in full backs and a centre back today, added back in Dele and had Moura to come off the bench.

Where we were fudged today was Winks, Sissoko and Eriksen playing yet another game when they really could have done with a rest. But no Lamela, Dembele, Dier, Wanyama...so we were buggered.

We have suffered from injuries and so far we’ve coped, today I think was just a step too far but I don’t think it’s a major depth issue. We don’t have such a shallow squad that losing to Wolves is acceptable, but we do have a lot of injuries and a lot of games to play.

That central midfield spot was one every single person wanted addressed in the summer, except Levy and some scattered believers in miracles who thought it was good as it was.

To say Winks, Sissoko and Eriksen were the players who f*cked us is to also acknowledge that we have no replacements for them, which was also known in the summer. Sissoko wasn't even in the discussion in the summer - that's how good a job Poch has done with what he's been handed. But we knew Wanyama was permanently crocked. We knew Dembele was permanently crocked, even more so than Wanyama. And we knew we would have the usual slew of injuries that we get every season.

All of it has turned out exactly as could be expected when you have record-breaking transfer windows like the one we had. No, it's actually gone better than expected because Poch, by some miracle, has actually turned Sissoko into a good player. But it is still something we could all see coming if we didn't reinforce that area - well, except for our owners, anyway. Doubt they care.

Rubbish. The Christmas schedule is punishing but the issue today was that we tried to play the game out and then couldn't up the pace when we needed to. Changing the pace of your game is really difficult. It is a problem that all teams have and it can happen at any point in the season.

Im not sure we tried to play the game out we were just second best on the day

Poch's response was way too slow - not for the first time. Our midfield are overrun and he brings on Lucas - it needed much more. Disappointed but on we go....

Back