• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Moura for MOM!?

What a fuking result! Love those kinds of games. At times grueling. Rain streaming down. Heroic defending. Both teams resorting to rugby defending at times. Then Super Jan with a sensational header!!!

Moura's goal was outstanding too. And he was busy through the game holding it up and drawing fouls. Thought he was MOM. (Does @parklane1 still think Traore is just a sprinter?)

Traore is a player with great pace but has lack composure and had poor decision making in his career, perhaps he's with the right coach and can reach his potential, I would expect someone with his skill to have more goals than he has in the hundred or so games he's played.

Last edited:
Who cares whether they described it as lucky or not. That’s their perception only. Just take out of the article the material facts and the rest take with a pinch of salt. Being affected by a newspaper is like listening to TalkSport and getting wound up, or getting banter from mates and taking it too seriously.

I worked on a newspaper where the Editor's maxim was "facts not opinions". Most football "reporters" tend to focus on personalities or one particular incident rather than report on the game.

Too much movement in front of him, jimininez running across, they had options, gaxza did right staying central. Sanchez should havf committed him to one side of Jan held his ground. I think the issue is that sanchez and Jan do not anticipate and trust each other other as back up. Sanchez so skittish I'd be afraid as his sb partner too.
there is also only one channel where traore can put it, Gazza should be anticipating that and be moving across before the ball is hit

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Jenas savaging Sissoko and Dier. Saying all the things we were saying during the game. Negative with the ball, not showing for it and our defenders not trusting them.

Traore is a player with great pace but has lack composure and had poor decision making in his career, perhaps he's with the right coach and can reach his potential, I would expect someone with his skill to have more goals than he has in the hundred or so games he's played.

Funny I remember folks saying he was terrible and had no skill. Let's be honest, he was unplayable today. I wanted us to sign him when villa were relegated as a better option than GNK/N'jie impact sub. To me it was clear there was raw potential that I thought Poch could work with.

Funny I remember folks saying he was terrible and had no skill. Let's be honest, he was unplayable today. I wanted us to sign him when villa were relegated as a better option than GNK/N'jie impact sub. To me it was clear there was raw potential that I thought Poch could work with.

You don't get to play for Barcelona if you've got no skill, they rated him at Boro'

No end product was the main criticism
He was notorious for running with the ball fast and blasting it to space. His Villa team mates used time let him come inside with the ball as he didn’t know what to do with it
we wanted him when he was at Barca and we had Sherwood in charge
The guys pace is obscene but would you have him over Son?
He strikes me as a player that needs a lot of love and games, games and games

No end product was the main criticism
He was notorious for running with the ball fast and blasting it to space. His Villa team mates used time let him come inside with the ball as he didn’t know what to do with it
we wanted him when he was at Barca and we had Sherwood in charge
The guys pace is obscene but would you have him over Son?
He strikes me as a player that needs a lot of love and games, games and games

Absolutely would not have him over Son, or Moura. Traore will probably always be a bit frustrating. Amazing raw attributes but the end product wasn't there. But even back then when playing for Villa and 'Boro you could see he had more than just pace. Even then he was one of the best dribblers in world football - up there with Hazard on dribbling ability (I was just amazed/frustrated no one seemed to see it). He also had a decent shot back then. However, he was too fast for his own good. He needed to slow it down so he could use the ball better.

Absolutely would not have him over Son, or Moura. Traore will probably always be a bit frustrating. Amazing raw attributes but the end product wasn't there. But even back then when playing for Villa and 'Boro you could see he had more than just pace. Even then he was one of the best dribblers in world football - up there with Hazard on dribbling ability (I was just amazed/frustrated no one seemed to see it). He also had a decent shot back then. However, he was too fast for his own good. He needed to slow it down so he could use the ball better.

Exactly, another one of those really fudging annoying to play against but ultimately not enough to change the outcome of the game players.

That game was very hard to judge live, truth is it was extremely high tempo, they pressed, they were physical, they got a ton of set pieces (10+ corners), they went wide and put the ball in the box repeatedly. They attacked things that have been our downfall over the last year or so, and yes we looked uncomfortable as fudge for periods but in the end?

- Outside of the goal and the one Gazza save, what was clear cut for them?
- We had the Dier opportunity and Son, Kane (and I think Dele) had chances that I would have expected one of them to do better.

Exactly, another one of those really fudging annoying to play against but ultimately not enough to change the outcome of the game players.

That game was very hard to judge live, truth is it was extremely high tempo, they pressed, they were physical, they got a ton of set pieces (10+ corners), they went wide and put the ball in the box repeatedly. They attacked things that have been our downfall over the last year or so, and yes we looked uncomfortable as fudge for periods but in the end?

- Outside of the goal and the one Gazza save, what was clear cut for them?
- We had the Dier opportunity and Son, Kane (and I think Dele) had chances that I would have expected one of them to do better.
Kinda my thoughts too
For their so called dominance they created very little
That’s not dominance... that’s possession which doesn’t equate to wins anymore as we know only too well

That is partly due to MOTD being very scripted but he does have a point on the number of return passes from midfield to defence, it was very high and allowed Wolves to organise, press and turn the ball over.

MOTD IMO showed it well
What if didn’t show what if any of those plays created turn arounds and balls over their midfield. It may have been a genuine tactic to draw them out and create space which their midfield
It did however look too comfortable to play easy backwards passes (the kind that Winks gets slated for)

Back