• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City *** 15/08/2015 3pm

Was at the game, don't know what people have said, but fudge me that was I furiating. Played great first half. Poch absolutely fudged this up (like he did many times last season). If Kane isn't I muted he's a joke manager. A fudging joke. When he went off the whole team was an as absolute shambles, ironically, with no striker, we spent the final 30 minute playing long ball football.

I presume he took a knock. The only logical thing.

But yeah, like I kept saying, it wasn't our defenders which made us have a shocking defensive record. We need to look at our a manager, our players didn't know what the fudge they were doing at the end.

He WAS playing well yes. but if you look again and take off the lamela hate tinted glasses, you will see that Mason didn't have the same energi, and was struggling to close down players. Clear signs of a tireing player. But of course you would know better than the coach and the rest of the coaching staff

today? a blind, nutless monkey probably knew better ...

Was at the game, don't know what people have said, but fudge me that was I furiating. Played great first half. Poch absolutely fudgeed this up (like he did many times last season). If Kane isn't I muted he's a joke manager. A fudgeing joke. When he went off the whole team was an as absolute shambles, ironically, with no striker, we spent the final 30 minute playing long ball football.

I presume he took a knock. The only logical thing.

But yeah, like I kept saying, it wasn't our defenders which made us have a shocking defensive record. We need to look at our a manager, our players didn't know what the fudge they were doing at the end.

CMd21F8W8AAkfJ9.jpg

I think our general play these first two games has been quite good. Everything looks more fluid and defensively we've been good apart from individual fudge ups.

People were saying the same at the start of last season, and were still saying it come the end.

But money isnt what is needed. Time is whats needed.

You dont go down the route of nurturing and developing the youngest squad in the league to throw the towel in and throw the cheque book around liverpool style. Days like this are all part of the process: maybe we will finish 8th or 9th or whatever. But the team has to be given the chance to grow. We aren't going to splash the cash because if you bring in a 28 year old or even a 26 year old now, we totally block the route to the first team for the kids coming through.

The long term benefits are obvious - the best of which might be an inceased liklihood of keeping our best players if the grow as a team and identify with the club. Liverpool wouldve been fudgeed for years now if it was for the loyalties of their scouse contingent.

Also, almost everything is secondary until the ground is built. Should we just pull money out of thin air to realise that 400-500 million pound 15 year project?

My GHod its two bastard games and people are frothing at the mouth!

excellent post, tickle my balls with a feather

two games!

from both of which we took a worse result last season

Should he? (and before anyone jumps on it), I'm not specifically referring to Poch, but to the myth of time

- name me a single manager (in the last 10 years) who has struggled in his first 2 seasons at a PL club, turned it around and delivered something significantly better?

is there a single manager who struggled in his first 18 months, or even 12, who was given a chance to turn it around?

Lets be clear, if we finish 8th or 9th its a disaster.

Consider Lloris, Eriksen, Kane, Vert probably all gone if we ended up in 8th, with no European football, then what?

Reactions: DTA
is there a single manager who struggled in his first 18 months, or even 12, who was given a chance to turn it around?

Well what does that tell you? only fans believe that significant time somehow changes a mediocre manager into a good one or a good one into a great one ... yet the opposite seems to be true, even great managers tend to tail off, so time is probably not a solution.

Just back in from the match.
So so p#ssed off. And I firmly lay the blame at the feet of the board and management. Criminal that we went into that game with one striker. You just knew Kane would pick up a knock, its Stoke ffs, it was bound to happen.
I suppose at least we can say it could have been worse, we could, and bar some poor finishing probably should have ended up losing that match. From what I saw even before Kane went off Stoke were in the ascendency.
Turning point for me was the brilliant Butland save from Kane. 3-0 and we maybe would have held on, but from about 55mins on the jumbotron we hardly left our half until their equaliser sparked a reaction.
Didnt understand the Mason sub.
I saw Kane get clobbered on about 20mins and he got caught twice after that. I actually that he did well to last an hour.
Don't get me started on Lamela, that was probably the most lacklustre sub display I have seen in ages. Powderpuff springs to mind.

If N'jye is our only forward signing in this window I will be seriously diappointed because I dont care what Pochettino says, we do not have other players who can play upfront if needbe.

Rant over

Well what does that tell you? only fans believe that significant time somehow changes a mediocre manager into a good one or a good one into a great one ... yet the opposite seems to be true, even great managers tend to tail off, so time is probably not a solution.

or most football chairmen don't know what they are doing?

Lets be clear, if we finish 8th or 9th its a disaster.

Consider Lloris, Eriksen, Kane, Vert probably all gone if we ended up in 8th, with no European football, then what?

I think for that level of player there isn't much distinction between 5th and 15th, its all about the CL and CL level wages

1 team selection awful far far too weak physically [...] a big mistake
2 huge regression from last year
3 terrible window strategically
4 [...] situation handled terribly given we knew the [...] risk
5 defence flatterrd last week as no Pressure

Sadly so much is proving extremely accurate and all so avoidable [...] looking like the worst deal in recent history now didn't see[..] top mind which makes it worse strategically .

Oh wait, that's all about Stoke.

I think this is going to be the problem with a young coach and a young team. Neither is settled and experienced enough and both are going through a learning process. So the question is how much time do you afford? Much as I'd like to see results here and now, if I'm to see results from this project (because it is a project), I'll have to be patient. Poch did appear to screw up today, but he also set the team up great in the first half and in the previous match with Yoonited. So two steps forward, one step back. There are glimpses of improvement. Once we get the consistency part down, hopefully the "one step back" will be eliminated for the most part.

I'd be willing to give Poch this season and the next one. Let's not forget he still doesn't have a full squad and he needs to blood in a host of new young players (Pritchard, Alli, N'jie). That takes time and I think a couple more seasons would be a fair amount of time to see if he's up to it. Now if we fall to mid table or below by the end of the season we can revisit, but the season has just started, so let's show some patience.

Just back from a stag weekend in Saudi Sportswashing Machine...lovely place by the way.

Very very infuriating to chuck 2 points away and very sexy, and Harry Kane as well...sacre bleu!

Haven't seen the game so cant comment too much, difficult game next weekend as Leicester will be bouncing and confident, got to try and stay positive and realise there will be plenty of frustrating days with this group of players, still players to come in, go out and we need to see how we are doing after about 10 games, but for me not winning the next two in a row, which will be extremely difficult will mean we have had a poor August and lost ground as we usually do before the window closes.

We had 30% possession in the second half before Pochettino made the subs.
But the subs are why we lost control of the game?

No we lost the game when Ireland came on to make use of their possession and the second striker was put on. Vertonghen and Davies completely failed to deal with Diouf's movement coming from wide.

But whatever back to criticising spacegoats Lamela and Benteleb.

Careful careful Kandi old son, common sense will NOT have a place here. Someone has to be a clam, someone has to be at fault, someone has to be a spacegoat aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the manager? Well 'eeeeeeeeeees a faaaahkin' tossKKAAAHHHH INNEEEEEEEE MAYTE?!

Sometimes I think there are contributors to this forum who rehearse their posts having watched Alf Garnett...(BTW, agree with you obviously)

Back