• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS southampton

We really needed to win this match. Really glad we did. There were doubts if we can recover from the Chelsea defeat. But we have now proven we got the mentality to recover from setbacks like that. This despite having injury problems and playing in Europa League in mid week. Forget about the poor performance in the 2nd half. It is the result that counts ! Well done to the team and AVB !

We played well in the 1st half and deserved to win this match. We could have won this match comfortably if we had make use of the chances we created in the 1st half. I think Walker wasted a golden chance to make it 3-0. If he had scored that, the match would have been over by then. But instead we became complacent and started to get big headed. It almost cost us the match. Fortunately, Southampton didn't have any established strikers to punish us.

Big credit for Bale for the excellent header for our 1st goal. Bale seems to be improving all the time. Just wish we can keep him. Defoe deserved to be credited for our 2nd goal but too bad the defender stopped it on the line. Not impressed with Dempsey but he seems to be getting lucky with his 2 goals so far, both tap-in into empty net. I think no one will complain if he can score more goals like that.

Again disappointed with us conceding the goal. It seems like Friedel will never keep a clean sheet this season. So, we will always need to score 3 goals against big teams and 2 goals against shyte teams like Southampton to win matches. It is always a good feeling when we win matches. Just hope we can go on another winning run now.

Bale started off extremely slowly but has since come back into that sort of form that makes just makes you stand up in awe.

However whilst Bale will get a lot of credit I think Lennon has been pretty damn fudgein good this season

Bale started off extremely slowly but has since come back into that sort of form that makes just makes you stand up in awe.

However whilst Bale will get a lot of credit I think Lennon has been pretty damn fudgein good this season

Overall play I think Lennon has been better this season. Bale is a better goalscorer though, better finisher and much more of a threat from range as well as being stronger so he's more likely to win close duels in and around the box to get a chance.

I'm delighted we have both of them, wonder what would happen if they both hit top form at the same time :)

Quit the Lennon v Bale comparisons - there will only ever be one winner. Pointless excercise

Quit the Lennon v Bale comparisons - there will only ever be one winner. Pointless excercise

Why? They're both lightning fast wingers. They're both long-serving players. They were both bought as young prospects and have both developed into pivotal players.

I'd say comparisons between the two are a legitimate pursuit. For what it's worth, I think Bale's the more dangerous player, but Lennon's the more intelligent winger.

Why? They're both lightning fast wingers. They're both long-serving players. They were both bought as young prospects and have both developed into pivotal players.

I'd say comparisons between the two are a legitimate pursuit. For what it's worth, I think Bale's the more dangerous player, but Lennon's the more intelligent winger.

Because Bale is a world class player and Lennon isnt. While Lennon has played well this season and works hard - he just isnt the same quality as Bale.

Ask any manager to chose which one they would take from us, and I would wager you would only get one answer.

What defines 'world-class', and what makes Bale world class? For what it's worth, I think Lennon's lightning burst against Milan was every bit as impressive as Bale's performance against Inter at home. Ergo, I consider both fantastic wingers. In fact, I think Lennon's definitely in the top three right-sided midfielders in the Prem, which by my reckoning makes him 'world class'. The term's applied extremely liberally.

As for whom managers would prefer, I'd wager you'd be surprised. A lot of teams would prefer an intelligent, all-round winger with a good defensive game to a rampaging. brutally effective left midfielder, but one with comparatively less awareness on the football pitch.

Because Bale is a world class player and Lennon isnt. While Lennon has played well this season and works hard - he just isnt the same quality as Bale.

Ask any manager to chose which one they would take from us, and I would wager you would only get one answer.

Just because one is overall better than the other doesn't mean that the players can't be compared.

It really staggers me that the Lennon love on here is simply mindboggling in that it knows no bounds.

To even begin to contemplate that he would be preferred to Bale is just rose tinted in the extreme.

Dude fudge - you are talking about a totally different point. Whilst YOU ARE arguing about Bale being a better player than Lennon (which he is) we are talking about PERFORMANCES THIS SEASON. Just because one player is better than another DOES NOT MEAN that he is performing better than the other.

Youre talking about a totally different point.

There's no way of knowing whether he would have had the same impact at Spurs that he had at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. He certainly would not have gone straight into the first team.

Our biggest problem in terms of players in the second half of last season was lack of cover for Lennon.

Considering Saha was starting games - I think Cisse would have been well ahead of that.

Lennon's lack of cover was only part of the problem, imv - many other areas came short or simply tired and we lacked depth to cover for it

It really staggers me that the Lennon love on here is simply mindboggling in that it knows no bounds.

To even begin to contemplate that he would be preferred to Bale is just rose tinted in the extreme.

Bale's good. He'll definitely get better. But he's not that good. Apparently even contemplating that Lennon, who is extremely proficient technically, sound positionally and lightning quick, could be compared to Bale is an unbelievably stupid thing to do. So it naturally follows that Bale must be a monster with the aerial power of Drogba, the pace of Ronaldo, the skills of Pele, the balance of Messi and the footballing brain of Zidane.

But he's not. He's just a very, very good player. Much like Lennon. So comparing the two is feasible.

Lets put it in simple and easy to understand terms.

Who would prefer to have Bale or Lennon if you could only have one of them?

Lets put it in simple and easy to understand terms.

Who would prefer to have Bale or Lennon if you could only have one of them?

I genuinely do not think you understand. You are trying to turn this into a Bale v Lennon who is a better player argument whilst I am talking about who has performed better.

I genuinely do not think you understand. You are trying to turn this into a Bale v Lennon who is a better player argument whilst I am talking about who has performed better.

Bale is unquestionably the better player. I dont think there is any doubt about that - although from some of the posts on this board it does appear that some would even dispute that statement.

As far as who has performed better this season, I agree that is debateable. I would still argue that Bale has been more effective this season - scored more goals, created more chances, has more assists, hit more shots on target, etc. In fact in virtually every metric that can be measured (as opposed to opinion), I consider Bale has been "better" than Lennon this season as well. That is not to say Lennon has not played well but he just isnt Bale.

At this stage last season (after 9 games) we had 19 points - the same as AVB's Chelsea at the time

So considering we've lost two top-class player over the summer - not a bad start to the season at all

Overall play I think Lennon has been better this season. Bale is a better goalscorer though, better finisher and much more of a threat from range as well as being stronger so he's more likely to win close duels in and around the box to get a chance.

I'm delighted we have both of them, wonder what would happen if they both hit top form at the same time :)

Thats precisely what im getting at. Bale is a better player not denying that (although I fudgein love Lennon - he is like one of ours frown up with us etc - like my son haha) but like you say Lennons overall play has been better. Simple.

I would love them to both hit top form.

1. Lennon
2. Vertonghen
3. Bale
4. Sandro
5. Defoe
6. Dembele

Overall performances this season. I don't like Defoe starting over Ade and think we're a poorer team for it but individually Defoe has done well, scoring 5 and setting up a couple, he was incredibly wasteful yesterday though. Dembele's only played half of our games so I couldn't rank him any higher even though he's already an integral part of the side.

If Defoe yesterday's performance doesn't convince AVB to give Ade a chance then I'd be quite disappointed in his squad rotaion

Back