• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

Like I said before this game - Even if we batter them I dont think it could mask the key gaps in our team. We still have the issue of Modric and the issue of a main striker.

Yes, but even then you can't expect the first XI to start every match. Very promising to see us come with a game plan and execute it.

Happy with the start, we do look as if were playing without a striker and a proper playmaker though...as you'd expect!

You don't need a proper playmaker if everyone is creative.

Far more difficult to shut down that way, i kinda like it as we are.

(Not that i don't want better players in some positions)

Scara - Friedel kicks it long because Kaboul and Gallas aren't quick enough to split wide, he is always pointing for them to split wide

This takes Ba and Cisse away, then Livermore or Sandro comes deep to collect... but by then someone is covering them too... he is looking for it, but isn't comfortable with the options

I agree it gives the ball away when he kicks it long, but rather that than give it away 25 yards out

The onus is on Newcash to score at home

Good first half for me. Much better than I expected to be honest. Our pressing game is working well. We put pressure on them fairly high up, and force mistakes, in addition to them being sloppy. I just hope we have the energy to keep it up for the full game. Desperately unlucky not to have scored of course. We get some great opportunities on the counter. If we are a bit more accurate, and choose the right decisions, we should be able to open them up. Defensivelty we have done well. Apart from that fluke chance that got defelcted, they have created nothing. I expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to raise their game in the second half though. It will become more difficult for us.

It's hard work playing up top on your own, but don't worry lads, as soon as Defoe tires in the heat, we can bring on Cudicini up top

Scara - Friedel kicks it long because Kaboul and Gallas aren't quick enough to split wide, he is always pointing for them to split wide

This takes Ba and Cisse away, then Livermore or Sandro comes deep to collect... but by then someone is covering them too... he is looking for it, but isn't comfortable with the options

I agree it gives the ball away when he kicks it long, but rather that than give it away 25 yards out

The onus is on Newcash to score at home

Friedel is partly creating the problem by standing still when he receives the ball.

I agree that the defenders need to split quicker, but he needs more lateral movement to make the passing angles safer. Equally, if a player's marked then play it in front of them and play a one two - distribution as a keeper is about far more than just getting rid.

avb was making a big deal about the refereeing thats for sure.
he has acquitted himself - we do actually look decent even without modric and adebayor, compensating through organization, fitness and tactics.
next to watch out for - fitness levels and substitutions. AVB's got some decent options on the bench though.
defoe looks good for a goal.

Well happy all round, the ref being a little card happy aside. Though we should be Bale hugging the touchline second half to try to tempt Simpson in.

Done everything in this game apart from score. Sig is playing well, first time since he joined that I have seen him really involved and he looks good.

Now there is no way in hell Newc deserve to win this game so far, but watch them go on and score and win.

You don't need a proper playmaker if everyone is creative.

Far more difficult to shut down that way, i kinda like it as we are.

(Not that i don't want better players in some positions)

Everyone in our team ISNT creative!! Far from it!

Far from it?

The only two that i see as not creative enough are livermore and maybe Defoe.

Sandro could be moreso i guess, but we're most of the way there.

Sandro, Livermore and Defoe arent creative. Lennon isnt creative in terms of ability on the ball - his threat obviously comes form his pace, acceleration, agility etc

I do think you need a creative CM as 2 defensive CMs mean the ball doesnt move quick enough and the oppositive defence can reorganise

Back