• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Nottingham Forest ***

It’s because he isn’t capable for this level right now
He also has no confidence im sure
Sadly the sooner we move him on the better. I actually think he could get into a groove and look like a decent CB. Just lack of games and his head. He's hesitant, unsure, and doesn't seem able to play on instinct/awareness.

Sadly the sooner we move him on the better. I actually think he could get into a groove and look like a decent CB. Just lack of games and his head. He's hesitant, unsure, and doesn't seem able to play on instinct/awareness.
He would suit a team that are all about defending and NOT splaying football
Everton would be prime

People keep making excuses for him. I said on here 20 games ago that he does not have what it takes.

Have a look at Spences run. Sess hasn’t done that in 2 years.
Yet Conte favours Sess and says spence has more to learn about his system.

For all you know Sess is just following orders

Sanchez's body position on the first goal, for a pro, was unbelievable. I coach under 11 and I'd kick any boy in the hole if he defended like that.

Scarily, he got stung doing the same thing again shortly after.
The pace that we play at overall is so slow I think all our defenders feel that the opposition is always so much faster.

It's happened to Dier before who freezes instead of closing down too, and that worldie that arsenal scored... We hold the line too low or are too static or don't have midfielders pressing... More than individual error imo.

The pace that we play at overall is so slow I think all our defenders feel that the opposition is always so much faster.

It's happened to Dier before who freezes instead of closing down too, and that worldie that arsenal scored... We hold the line too low or are too static or don't have midfielders pressing... More than individual error imo.

I don’t necessarily agree but you could add Lenglet v Saudi Sportswashing Machine to the evidence in support of your theory.

They played a reasonably strong side tonight and brought on Gabriel, Zinchenko, Xhaka, Martinelli and Jesus when they were chasing the game. So not sure they were prioritising it much less than us or that we were prioritising it at all. I'm sure if you asked Conte, despite fielding a reasonably strong team, the Carabao Cup was bottom of his list of priorities.

Whether they know it or not, Woolwich are chasing the same prize as us in the PL - top 4. City will win it.
They are also chasing the PL title because they are top , we are not and quite clearly have no chance of winning it. Write them off at your peril and of it wasn't for City they would be strong favourites. They aren't conceding and don't look like conceding most games.
City have dropped points they shouldn't have due to bad defensive errors when teams get at their back four.
Arsenal are chasing a European trophy too , we are too , but they have a very realistic chance of winning theirs.
I will agree that thinking again about our performance although we put out a strong team yesterday I don't think the players were prioritising the Carabou cup , they couldn't have been with that performance. Their heads were in another place , either thinking about Saturdays PL game , still revelling in CL glory in Marseille or they are already in Qatar.
Whatever the reason , I do agree the players themselves weren't prioritising the game , Conte said they were tired, I think they just weren't there mentally.
Basically they couldn't be arsed.

If you keep telling people they’re tired, guess what happens?

They’d also be less tired if the pack was shuffled more frequently.

I’m still convinced Conte is the right man, but he’s making it hard work at the minute.

They are also chasing the PL title because they are top , we are not and quite clearly have no chance of winning it. Write them off at your peril and of it wasn't for City they would be strong favourites. They aren't conceding and don't look like conceding most games.
City have dropped points they shouldn't have due to bad defensive errors when teams get at their back four.
Arsenal are chasing a European trophy too , we are too , but they have a very realistic chance of winning theirs.
I will agree that thinking again about our performance although we put out a strong team yesterday I don't think the players were prioritising the Carabou cup , they couldn't have been with that performance. Their heads were in another place , either thinking about Saturdays PL game , still revelling in CL glory in Marseille or they are already in Qatar.
Whatever the reason , I do agree the players themselves weren't prioritising the game , Conte said they were tired, I think they just weren't there mentally.
Basically they couldn't be arsed.

They won't win the PL and you can shove that statement down my throat if they do. In fact, if they do, I'll wear a Woolwich shirt at the first home game next season.

Arsenal are in the Europa League. They aren't having to stretch their first team in that because they can play some of the stiffs in the early games. We have to play our first team in high intensity games twice a week. You also said Woolwich wanted to go out last night - why bring on five first team players when they were on course to do just that?

I think you're being unkind to our players. I can't believe they just weren't arsed. We had players like Sanchez and Skipp in the team, we had Perisic up top. Bentancur was on the bench as was Hugo. While it was a strong team, we clearly weren't at full strength and even those little tweaks can make the difference at this level. The players tried, they just had a bad night. It happens to everyone at some point.

They won't win the PL and you can shove that statement down my throat if they do. In fact, if they do, I'll wear a Woolwich shirt at the first home game next season.

Arsenal are in the Europa League. They aren't having to stretch their first team in that because they can play some of the stiffs in the early games. We have to play our first team in high intensity games twice a week. You also said Woolwich wanted to go out last night - why bring on five first team players when they were on course to do just that?

I think you're being unkind to our players. I can't believe they just weren't arsed. We had players like Sanchez and Skipp in the team, we had Perisic up top. Bentancur was on the bench as was Hugo. While it was a strong team, we clearly weren't at full strength and even those little tweaks can make the difference at this level. The players tried, they just had a bad night. It happens to everyone at some point.
Arteta bringing on a few first teamers after the horse has bolted is just to save face.
Some of their fans would have been up in arms if they didn't even try to save the game but if they were that serious then why not start with those players ?
Nobody actually literally wants to lose and Arteta was hoping to somehow scrape by with the team he put out but obviously wasn't that bothered (and must have known that team was likely to get beat )otherwise he would have gone full strength!
They only have one more game before the world cup so why not go strong?
Because he didn't really want all the games after the world cup.
Kane according to Conte was exhausted but he still started him , Jesus was rested.
There's one major difference in how serious both teams went into their games.
Perisic and Kane up top was the
strongest option we could have taken.

Last edited:

Mind the gap ......

Back