• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Norwich City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He had a tough season off the back of a niggling injury from the World Cup (like others) and has been better this season. He’s certainly no worse defensively and always asked lots of questions with his delivery. I’ll take that.

I'd agree with your last two sentences whole heartedly but that's more a reflection on how utterly brick Aurier is rather than how good Trippier is. Even before the WC, he was never good defensively but he was good going forward. I'd take him right now but I still wouldn't be happy with him being our RB. I think we missed a trick with Wan Bissaka if that was a possibility.

Jose looked well tinkled with us after the game. Interesting he said we looked as bad defensively in the second half as the first because he's right. Although they didn't manage a shot, like against Brighton, we looked anything but secure when they had the ball.

Jose has to find a way quickly to sort it because Liverpool could score half a dozen against us the way we are defending.

Jose looked well tinkled with us after the game. Interesting he said we looked as bad defensively in the second half as the first because he's right. Although they didn't manage a shot, like against Brighton, we looked anything but secure when they had the ball.

Jose has to find a way quickly to sort it because Liverpool could score half a dozen against us the way we are defending.
I think even he is scratching his head for solutions.

Plug on with Dier? Winks too soft? Skipp too young? Sissoko not a DM?

Toby and Jan need a solid structure in front of them to operate effectively, defensively and offensively. At their age being exposed and run at will not end well.

The problem with Jose is he outwardly projects impatience when he thinks they're not listening to him or the players play dumb. Which in itself transmits as negativity.

Someone needs to inform Foyth of the Easy-Early style of play.

Make the easy play as early as possible.

He's loaded with ball control talent. He needs to develop better judgement about when and where on the pitch to display it.

I'd say the same for Aurier but since he'll be gone soon enough, no point schooling someone else's soon-to-be problem.

I think even he is scratching his head for solutions.

Plug on with Dier? Winks too soft? Skipp too young? Sissoko not a DM?

Toby and Jan need a solid structure in front of them to operate effectively, defensively and offensively. At their age being exposed and run at will not end well.

The problem with Jose is he outwardly projects impatience when he thinks they're not listening to him or the players play dumb. Which in itself transmits as negativity.

Good post. He looked absolutely exasperated to me. But this is shocking - I think we've conceded more goals in the league since he arrived than anyone.

I'd bin off Gazzaniga. He's a liability and cant give players in front of him confidence. Aurier is beyond redemption and, as you say, midfield is a question that may not currently have an answer.

Sanchez has to start for me and I really think Foyth could do a job at right back. I'm fudging stumped on how to make our midfield solid though.

Jose needs to take some flack for picking a team which was a different set-up to what we've previously played and looked soft in the middle. Credit to him though for making changes at half time to resolve things, rather than waiting til the 70th min as Poch would have done. Was brave to leave out Moura given Son was suspended and I though Moura made a real impact in the second half.

Ndombele was excellent. He needs a CM partner; in the meantime, play Dier and give Ndombele more freedom

Negatives:
- Sessegnon showed that he's not good enough yet to start in the PL
- Aurier again showed how much of a liability he is. Surely Jose will look to get a decent RB in in Jan?
- Lo Celso not yet acclimatised to English football

Good post. He looked absolutely exasperated to me. But this is shocking - I think we've conceded more goals in the league since he arrived than anyone.

I'd bin off Gazzaniga. He's a liability and cant give players in front of him confidence. Aurier is beyond redemption and, as you say, midfield is a question that may not currently have an answer.

Sanchez has to start for me and I really think Foyth could do a job at right back. I'm fudging stumped on how to make our midfield solid though.

I'd go with Toby and Jan at CB, Foyth RB and Davies LB. Til Davies is back, Jan goes to left back and Sanchez in the middle
Dier and Ndombele CM. Dier sits and Ndombele get a free reign to push forward and cause trouble

Jose needs to take some flack for picking a team which was a different set-up to what we've previously played and looked soft in the middle. Credit to him though for making changes at half time to resolve things, rather than waiting til the 70th min as Poch would have done. Was brave to leave out Moura given Son was suspended and I though Moura made a real impact in the second half.

Ndombele was excellent. He needs a CM partner; in the meantime, play Dier and give Ndombele more freedom

Negatives:
- Sessegnon showed that he's not good enough yet to start in the PL
- Aurier again showed how much of a liability he is. Surely Jose will look to get a decent RB in in Jan?
- Lo Celso not yet acclimatised to English football

I saw plenty to be encouraged by in Sess and Lo Celso's performances

I rarely advocate spending in January. But this time, we need to dip into the budget and get some additional players. A top four finish is still in reach and achieving that will make it so much easier to recruit new talent in the summer. Jose will not likely have the time to develop young talent the way Poch did. He'll want more of the finished product added to this side.

Exactly who should be added, I leave to the many, many experts and geniuses. But a RB is job one. DM is next.

I was hoping to see more of the flair and dash we saw from Sess when he was at Fulham. But can't blame him for being a touch cautious in this rare start.

Lo Celso wasn't terrible but needs more time to mesh in the front four. I'd give him it.

I'd go with Toby and Jan at CB, Foyth RB and Davies LB. Til Davies is back, Jan goes to left back and Sanchez in the middle
Dier and Ndombele CM. Dier sits and Ndombele get a free reign to push forward and cause trouble
This.
It ain't rocket science.

I think they're decent players, just that we're in for a real fight to get 4th so easing players in is difficult. I'd prefer Sessegnon to not really be starting PL games til next season. I'd like to see Lo Celso being one of our first players off the bench to help him get used to the PL, but have Dier/Ndombele in CM and then Dele,Son, Moura behind Kane as our first choice team as much as poss

I think they're decent players, just that we're in for a real fight to get 4th so easing players in is difficult. I'd prefer Sessegnon to not really be starting PL games til next season. I'd like to see Lo Celso being one of our first players off the bench to help him get used to the PL, but have Dier/Ndombele in CM and then Dele,Son, Moura behind Kane as our first choice team as much as poss

I don't disagree with that. I think that both showed enough today to be viable bench/cover. It is difficult to judge Sessegnon's second half performance because Norwich attacked so little, so I cannot judge whether he is a viable backup at LB.

Back