• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Jurgen the German's favourite team ***

Hazard did mention during his interview with Lineker how fresh he feels following the 3 week break he had after the World Cup and Sarri only gave him brief cameos in the opening games.

Exactly

Even pool have rested Henderson to get him “fresh”

We haven’t rested anyone

Last edited:
Maybe, but Plopp has clearly said the opposite when talking about him

Not sure you'd get many managers publically saying his captain has been replaced tbh

Id be fairly confident that Milner Fabinho and Keita will be their starting midfield for the season

Was at the game and sat just on the halfway line in Club Wembley with my brother in law who supports Pool. He commented on how painfully slow we were getting the ball out from the back and some of the suicidal passing around defence. I commented that this has been progressively regular and at some point as was yesterday we will get found out by pacey opposition. I think some of the players are looking for the ultimate pass rather than doing the basics well. When Lamela was on it was a breath of fresh air. Ran from the right hand flank to the left to make a tackle, something Mousa just didn't have the fitnesss to do.

Not sure you'd get many managers publically saying his captain has been replaced tbh

Id be fairly confident that Milner Fabinho and Keita will be their starting midfield for the season
I think it’s a bit early to be making those predictions, Henderson has been massively influential for them but they have a lot of quality CMs now so they have the luxury of being able to bed him in properly after his WC....

I think it’s a bit early to be making those predictions, Henderson has been massively influential for them but they have a lot of quality CMs now so they have the luxury of being able to bed him in properly after his WC....
Massively influential in doing what?
What have Liverpool achieved that has a lot of people raving about them?
Seriously, and don't say CL finalist, because for every final they have got to (and lost) there's been a humiliating defeat against lower league teams in the cups.

Massively influential in doing what?
What have Liverpool achieved that has a lot of people raving about them?
Seriously, and don't say CL finalist, because for every final they have got to (and lost) there's been a humiliating defeat against lower league teams in the cups.
Chill out:D He’s been an influential player for them in their midfield. People rave about Liverpool because they are the most exciting team to watch along with City, whether you like it or not....

The big difference between us and all the title challengers is the investment in the team.

I was not expecting it so I'm not surprised with our start this season other than the OT win.

That’s why I’m struggling to see how you think it was a decent performance. I like a lot of your posts but genuinely can’t see it.

I think you’ve hit the tickle my balls with a feather in terms of where they have improved. Last year we hit them a couple of times on the break and they were a brickshow at the back. Today VVD cleaned up everything, Allison looked assured when he had to and the one time we got Eriksen in behind, Keita cut out his cross brilliantly.

They’ve bought so fudging well and that sickens me because we could have done likewise, didn’t, and now we’re playing catch up.
Because it's a similar performance to a lot of performances that have seen us get results, with fans being generally happy. The problems have been there all along, I know I've mentioned them a lot and others have too. Decent performance get results a lot less often than great performances, we need more of those regardless of results.
I don’t actually think they did press that high today. They just waited for us to pass it into midfield, make an error, and then picked us off and fed Salah/Mane/Firmino. Compare it to City last year and they were camped on our box.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said. But they still pressed higher, and much better, than most teams we face. And Dembele and Dier couldn't deal with it.

Because we've had a lot more players involved late in the world cup along with injury issues not giving us much choice.

But you pause them in
We could have started with
Hugo (keepers don’t get tired the same way)
Aurier
Sanchez
Jan
Davies
Moussa sissoko
Winks
Lamela
Moura
Son
Llorente

That’s a decent side

What’s hurt is is lamelas injury, sissokk getting injured (he does a job). Son off to the Asian games... and even Foyth being out

As I said compared with pools strongest 11 they had 2 outfield WC starters. That ain’t gonna change much either as Holland are still brick, Guinea won’t quakify for anything, Scotland won’t either and Firmino won’t start for Brazil

Was at the game and sat just on the halfway line in Club Wembley with my brother in law who supports Pool. He commented on how painfully slow we were getting the ball out from the back and some of the suicidal passing around defence. I commented that this has been progressively regular and at some point as was yesterday we will get found out by pacey opposition. I think some of the players are looking for the ultimate pass rather than doing the basics well. When Lamela was on it was a breath of fresh air. Ran from the right hand flank to the left to make a tackle, something Mousa just didn't have the fitnesss to do.

Did i meet you yesterday? I had a Scouser go to the game too with me and was chatting away with a brother in law!

Chill out:D He’s been an influential player for them in their midfield. People rave about Liverpool because they are the most exciting team to watch along with City, whether you like it or not....

I'm not in the least upset by Liverpool, so no need to chill out.
But I'm still waiting on anyone to properly justify why they are considered serious challengers for the title.
They play fast exciting football, big deal, that alone doesn't make you a title challenger.
Their chances are inflated due to an over abundance of ex players and now their relatives in the media.

But I'm still waiting on anyone to properly justify why they are considered serious challengers for the title.
They play fast exciting football, big deal, that alone doesn't make you a title challenger.
Their chances are inflated due to an over abundance of ex players and now their relatives in the media.

Last season they were the 3rd/4th best side in the league - personally id say 2nd/3rd as United were in a false position. And have spent 170m improving the squad in the summer window - improving each position they were weak in last season with big money buys - they are every bit a title contender on paper

They have a fantastic attack, now serious quality in midfield has been added to that and their only issue was their defence that has now severely tightened up. It’s not just the media talking them up, I’m yet to find anyone who doesn’t see Liverpool as City’s biggest rivals for the title. Other than for a select few on here of course who have some curiously weird fixation on not giving Liverpool credit....

Back