• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

I recall a thumping 5 nil win against Hull in the chaps league qualification season. Probably in the top 5 or 6 performances of the last decade. We were monstrous that day, with Palacios at the fulcrum. I was convinced he was going to become one of the world's best players. Ah hindsight, you cruel *******.

I recall a thumping 5 nil win against Hull in the chaps league qualification season. Probably in the top 5 or 6 performances of the last decade. We were monstrous that day, with Palacios at the fulcrum. I was convinced he was going to become one of the world's best players. Ah hindsight, you cruel *******.

defoe hattrick.. what a game.

also battered Burnley 5-0 and Wigan 9-1 that year.. ahh fun.

defoe hattrick.. what a game.

also battered Burnley 5-0 and Wigan 9-1 that year.. ahh fun.

It could really have been the start of something massive for this club, that season. Having said, it was such a rock n roll year, perhaps it wasn't meant to last.

You can praise Sheringham all you want. But for me, he is the no.1 judas for us. It was a great setback to us when he forced us to sell him to ManU. Have never forgive him for that.

I might be wrong, but didn't he tell sugar he'd stay if he got a fair wage for his ability and a promise of top level signings coming in?

I might be wrong, but didn't he tell sugar he'd stay if he got a fair wage for his ability and a promise of top level signings coming in?

IIRC, Sheringham only said that after joining ManU. Sugar tried to convince him to stay but he refused. It was a great setback to us which affected us for many years as we couldn't find the right replacement for him. I think we did a bigger mistake when we signed him back as that might have influenced players like Campbell to leave, thinking traitors are easily forgiven at Spurs.

IIRC, Sheringham only said that after joining ManU. Sugar tried to convince him to stay but he refused. It was a great setback to us which affected us for many years as we couldn't find the right replacement for him. I think we did a bigger mistake when we signed him back as that might have influenced players like Campbell to leave, thinking traitors are easily forgiven at Spurs.

good point there, never saw the link between sheringham's return and campbell's departure til now.

Let us not forget how he tried. With the charm of Fred West. The man was a total dingdong and actually tried to shaft Teddy with some public comments on the saga whilst Edward was away on England duty. I remember it clear as day, and Sugar certainly didn't make Teddy (or many at that time) feel welcome...

Just waiting on team selection.

If Poch really does his Kaboul, Capoue, Ade spine, I wish I would be surprised, but probably not.

No idea what Poch will go with so I'd go -

--------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------

Dier-----------------------Fazio---------------Vertonghen----------------Davies

------------------------------------Dembele---------------------------------------

Lennon----------------------------------------------------------------------Chadli

------------------------Mason--------------------Eriksen--------------------------

-------------------------------------Kane------------------------------------------

Just waiting on team selection.

If Poch really does his Kaboul, Capoue, Ade spine, I wish I would be surprised, but probably not.

Good point. That is a really weak spine. I wouldn't be surprised either, but hopefully he will go for the team I picked on the first post.

Chris Armstrong was the most unfairly criticised spurs player in recent history imo.

Agreed. He scored over 20 goals in his first season. We've had strikers with far worse records who got far better support. Who said our fans only recently started acting like ***** :lol:

Last edited:
You can praise Sheringham all you want. But for me, he is the no.1 judas for us. It was a great setback to us when he forced us to sell him to ManU. Have never forgive him for that.

I hated him when he left but I was only 12 at the time. Now, I understand why he left, could have been slightly less clamish about the way he left though.

Yep, I remember the disgusting treatment Armstrong got from many of our 'fans'. Horrible to behold, and yep, us spacegoating 'one of our own' has been going on for many a long year. I remember Venables being unfairly treated and mocked at the Lane, though to be fair it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the treatment dished out to the likes of Armstrong and Jenas, for example.

Ludicrous. We were a pretty pathetic team back then with absolutely zero ambition. Sherringham gave us some great years but how can you knock a guy when Man Utd and Fergie want you when your 31 and its you have one last chance to win league titles and champions league.

Its not Teddys fault that we replaced him with dross. Look what players he was surrounded by just before he left. Colin Calderwood, Jason Dozzell, Andy Sinton, John Scales, Ramon Vega, Dean Austin, Ruel Fox, Stuart Nethercott ? That was the limit of our ambition. Why on earth would he stay.

Mauricio Pochettino also reported concerns over other players after Friday’s training session.

Andros was forced to withdraw from international duty with an ankle injury while Danny suffered a rib injury in the final minutes last time out against Stoke on November 9.

“We have another training session tomorrow to review and test some players and then we will decide the squad that travels to Hull,” said Mauricio.

Kyle Naughton misses out as he serves a two-match suspension after picking up a red card against Stoke.

There was better news about Kyle Walker, now back in training after abdominal surgery and Nabil Bentaleb, who is recovering from an ankle injury.

“Kyle is getting better and maybe if he follows in the same way it’s possible he might start to play again in the next few weeks,” added Mauricio.

“Nabil is the same as Kyle, getting better, not fully recovered yet but now looking to be involved in training.”

I hated him when he left but I was only 12 at the time. Now, I understand why he left, could have been slightly less clamish about the way he left though.

I was on WHL on his return with Manure. They got a penalty, and Teddy smashed it into the crossbar! \o/ Never heard the crowd louder at WHL, even though the south or north stand wasn't even there! (can't remember which one was missing.)

Last edited:
Back