• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fulham***

I have to say I'm very disappointed Janssen didn't get a run out. It is humiliating for Janssen to be sat on the bench and when Kane, the player he most obviously is back up for, gets a hat-trick put Sissoko on. I don't see that motivating Janssen, so presumably they are beyond that. But why not give him the 30mins or so.

Yeah, it's very odd and disappointing.

Ok, so he's young and plays out of position and all that, but what exactly has onomah done to deserve playing time? Even though Janssen haven't scored lots for us, he's been far more useful to us this season than onomah.

Nothing

Ever

But he fits the bill for some

Janssen must be on his way out or he would have got a game in front of Onomah at least. It's like Carroll. Once Winks was getting on instead of him -and on the bench instead of him - it was only a matter of time for Carroll.

we'll have to agree to disagree on this

I don't believe the laws should be interpreted, they should be applied as written for the sake of consistency
Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree then. If you think the current rules are actually clear enough to not require interpreting there's really nothing to talk about.

Ok, so he's young and plays out of position and all that, but what exactly has onomah done to deserve playing time? Even though Janssen haven't scored lots for us, he's been far more useful to us this season than onomah.
He's a very good talent. As he's getting game time under Pochettino I assume he's doing well on training and showing the right kind of attitude. What more do you need?

Disappointing that Jansen wasn't given a run out.

On the positive side, think 4 subs will be allowed from the QF onwards so more of a chance next round..

I wonder if there any examples of players who don't look great on the training ground, but perform well in actual games. Famous non-trainers. I've never been convinced that training is always the definitive test of whether a player will perform in an actual game - the same with loan spells. But I don't have any evidence - and the manager is with the players every day so you would hope that he knows best.

Janssen must be on his way out or he would have got a game in front of Onomah at least. It's like Carroll. Once Winks was getting on instead of him -and on the bench instead of him - it was only a matter of time for Carroll.
Could be. Could also be that currently Son is ahead of him in the pecking order and a bit more game time up front with the chance of confidence from a goal would more important for Son than for Janssen.

He's a very good talent. As he's getting game time under Pochettino I assume he's doing well on training and showing the right kind of attitude. What more do you need?

I'd like to see at least a glimpse, of something he brings to the table, during a match where he shows some kind of promise. He's been bang average in pretty much any game I've seen him play. I'm not sure what his strengths are supposed to be or what kind of player he is, he's been that bland, in my opinion.

Could be. Could also be that currently Son is ahead of him in the pecking order and a bit more game time up front with the chance of confidence from a goal would more important for Son than for Janssen.
I hope so - if only to feel that I've seen Janssen get a fair run out and he either performs or doesn't. son is ahead of him and justifiably so at present -but I'm sure Poch knows what he can do in a game, but I wonder whether he knows what Janssen can do -unless Poch sees training and actual matches as equivalent in terms of opportunity to perform. i can understand Poch not wanting to take a risk on Janssen in a league match - but today 3-0 up really was the perfect opportunity.

Back