• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fiorentina***

Decent result in the end. Was really impressive how easily we dealt with them until the cruel deflected goal. Although Zarate should've scored in the first half.

I think it was impressive how we managed to turn the tide a little after they really started causing us a few issues. That's not an easy thing to do, so well done again to the lads. Could really see just how important Dier is to us.

Huh?? Can you (or any of our Norsk tech-wizards) post a vid clip??
Plus English translation if necessary?:oops:

I looked it up now, and I was talking partly out of my ass. Thorstvedt didn't say it on TV, but was interviewed by a Norwegian newspaper after the win over City, and supposedly said that Bentaleb had been told he wasn't good enough for the team. They don't quote him on that though, so could very well be a journo fudgeup. Here's the article;

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/prem...lsjanser-beste-paa-kanskje-50-aar/a/23616958/

I'll translate the part with Bentaleb as well as I can. The italic part being the part quoted, and the non-italic part being the part written by the journo.

He's got a clear philosophy and have gotten the players' fitness levels up. Additionally, he's been successful with his purchases, and he's been cleaning up the squad, says Thorstvedt, who points out Nabil Bentaleb as one of the players who's been told he's not good enough.

I wouldn't put too much into it, to be honest. :)

I looked it up now, and I was talking partly out of my ass. Thorstvedt didn't say it on TV, but was interviewed by a Norwegian newspaper after the win over City, and supposedly said that Bentaleb had been told he wasn't good enough for the team. They don't quote him on that though, so could very well be a journo fudgeup. Here's the article;

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/prem...lsjanser-beste-paa-kanskje-50-aar/a/23616958/

I'll translate the part with Bentaleb as well as I can. The italic part being the part quoted, and the non-italic part being the part written by the journo.

He's got a clear philosophy and have gotten the players' fitness levels up. Additionally, he's been successful with his purchases, and he's been cleaning up the squad, says Thorstvedt, who points out Nabil Bentaleb as one of the players who's been told he's not good enough.

Would make little sense to me if the reason for his recent absence was a supposed lack of quality.

He is clearly a quality young player.

It would only be an attitude thing. Hopefully there isn't anything in this

The worst refereeing I have seen in a while was taking place in that match between Spurs and Fiorentina. I was so mad - I had to call a neutral to be sure I wasnt biased. That ref was horrible and clearly in favour of the home side.

Cheers

The worst refereeing I have seen in a while was taking place in that match between Spurs and Fiorentina. I was so mad - I had to call a neutral to be sure I wasnt biased. That ref was horrible and clearly in favour of the home side.

Agreed. We weren't allowed to touch them much in the middle of the park, it seemed.

I'm not sure if it was bias or just our style of play.

For sure, he gave them a load of soft free-kicks, but we tend to be very physical and I think this played into their hands in terms of the way the game was officiated.

^There was an incident in the second half when Astori pulled back Son who was free and no yellow was given despite him being the 'last' man.

Really mediocre, laboured performance there. Hopefully it wasn't a sign of fatigue.

However, the referee really didn't help. He blew his whistle at the sign of any contact and we really couldn't get going.

Bigger picture - 1-1 is a good result. On to Palace.

Just like every other European game then.

Would make little sense to me if the reason for his recent absence was a supposed lack of quality.

He is clearly a quality young player.

It would only be an attitude thing. Hopefully there isn't anything in this

He has only shown potential. His quality remains questionable. If his attitude is wrong, then good riddance.

Good result with a starting team that only had 3 of our first 11.
It's a shame we didn't go for the historic 8 wins in a row.
Fiorentina really responded to their crowd in the second half in the same way City did on Sunday.
We could have secured the tie in the first half.

Player performance wise Chadli was poor. Trippier was really bad defensively at times, he really needs Dier helping him out if he plays.
I thought we won the first 11 games of the Double Season.

I'm not sure if it was bias or just our style of play.

For sure, he gave them a load of soft free-kicks, but we tend to be very physical and I think this played into their hands in terms of the way the game was officiated.

Don't think there was a ton of bias really. Could have sent off Alli if he wanted to. Could have not given us the penalty... Just a below average day for the ref making some strange decisions both ways I thought.

Definitely our style of play gives the opponents more free kicks, I'm fine with that.

Thought Chadli looked to use his size and strength a bit more today. Usually got the whistle from the ref, but good to see anyway.

Good result that away in Italy. Crucial away goals well.
Regarding Bentaleb I can't remember what game it was after he came back from injury he played in(might have started may have come off the bench) but he appeared be trying too much and everything he did was rubbish it that game, could justness the pecking order therefore not good enough at the moment.

Anyone else surprised by the subs? I know I was. Was Carroll injured? Otherwise subbing him at half time is not really a usual Poch move. I thought Alli should have been taken off to protect him against a second yellow. Hope his injury isn't too bad. What was wrong with Lamella - someone said he was ill? Was he on the bench, I didn't have any commentary, but thought I saw him. If he was ill, why was he there? The only sub I really understood was Dier to shore up the middle when they were getting on top.

Why was Kane used at all? He deffo looks a bit jaded. His closing down isn't as crisp as it was earlier in the season and Poch needs to be really careful not to burn him out. Son hasn't yet recaptured his early season form but surely it was worth persevering with him to let Kane have a complete rest.

Some perplexing decisions there to my mind.

Back