• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Emirates Marketing Project

Why are we blaming the players, though? Soldado has a proven track record, and was absolutely brilliant for Valencia for three seasons running. Paulinho was a star at the Confederations Cup, and regularly shines when with Brazil.

Yet when they play for us they look hesitant, frustrated and inadequate.

It's not the players: it's either their inability to fully understand the system or the inherent flaws of the system itself. The first will sort itself out given time, the second requires a change of philosophy that I desperately hope AVB has in his locker.

Its not the players. We have a decent team and squad. Its the manager

Why are we blaming the players, though? Soldado has a proven track record, and was absolutely brilliant for Valencia for three seasons running. Paulinho was a star at the Confederations Cup, and regularly shines when with Brazil.

Yet when they play for us they look hesitant, frustrated and inadequate.

It's not the players: it's either their inability to fully understand the system or the inherent flaws of the system itself. The first will sort itself out given time, the second requires a change of philosophy that I desperately hope AVB has in his locker.

Because it's the players on the pitch. AVB didn't hit shots straight at Tim Krul. AVB didn't hit a terrible back pass at the start of this game. He does train, set up and pick the team but it's the players who are kicking the ball.

and people actually accept this? that's what infuriates me. Those two time and time again actually expose the other midfielder and let him do everything. Sandro is an absolute beast and manages to pull it off, DEmbele despite being good can't pull it off so he gets the criticism...meanwhile MR invisible (who can't pass for ****) and MR 'i'll run around a bit to make it look like i'm doing something' get away scott free for weeks (due to us picking up results). I said a while back this is whats happening and it will be exposed once the results turn sour.

AVB over thinks management. Forget player stats, formations, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3 whatever super-duper chalk board management you want to think up -

Sandro & Dembele work as a partnership, they did last season and will again but AVB doesn't play them together, probably because his pro zone tells him Paulinho will be a better partner!

Weirdest first half I've ever seen in my life. We're playing on the counter-attack - at home - and are 3-0 up.
For what it's worth, I struggle to see where your problems going forwards come from. You are getting lots of bodies forward, you move with pace, you have players moving everywhere - you will definitely score at least once. You lot are playing well, it's just a surprise that our defence is playing well today too while yours isn't. Blame must be placed on the heads of Holtby and Lamela for letting players go. Absolutely criminal.
Fernandinho has been our best player that half, absolute terror. Fast becoming my favourite City player.

Terrific post, great to have some balance in here among the hysteria. Exactly what I saw.

Finally. Let's turn this around. Scrape a lucky one, force a second, and then throw everything at them. It can happen, even if the odds are slim. COME ON YOU F*CKING SPURS.

That made me laugh! I do wonder how people are going to shoehorn the blame on to Townsend for this one?!

But why though? People create straw men to try to push their own viewpoints further. I don't think I've seen anyone on this board or elsewhere blame all our attacking problems on Townsend. We don't score with Townsend (and he doesn't score). We don't score without him (and his replacements don't score). Big surprise.

How have we turned from being the team full of pace and attacking threat that everyone wanted to watch into this pedestrian team that actually carry no threat whatsoever. City attack with pace and movement, we stroll forward give the other team time to regain their shape and thats the end of that.

No wonder we cant score from open play. Its years since I`ve seen a Spurs team so utterly clueless. It`s got to be the managers fault as we have supposedly the best squad we have had for years, but in my mind thats very debateable. You cant even describe them as a team of work horses, it`s just terrible

We sacked Harry and then sold Gareth Bale....runs and hides for cover

Back