• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***

I don't care if he plays Coco the Clown at Centre half if it wins us games, no player has a GHod given right to play every game and if Poch has a plan, prefers one player over another, whatever, if we win then job done.

What a limited blinkered view.

Very. Everyone at the club is paid to do a job, Poch's job is to make the team win games, if that means preferring one player over another then so be it, if fans don't like it then they obviously support the players and not the club.

Ok so by that view we won. So nothing to discuss. Close the forum.

Too easy to compare ourselves to the competition and feel satisfied that we are better than the. It's about realising the potential of the team that counts.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
1) I think that there's much to be gained from comparing ourselves to the competition and knowing we're better. And winning by dint of just being better rather than putting in a more than average performance. That's a very privileged position

2) Which is not to say we should be satisfied to just stay in that position and just win games through attrition rather than improving our performance and team play.

In my view we played that formation because kane and alli need time and eriksen was poor last week.
Once everyone is back to full fitness and dembelle returns it will be the usual formation.

I thought it was a scrappy game and we wasted too many chances, at no time did I feel Palace would score. Janssen put in a good shift and looks like he'll make us stronger. Harry struggled a bit in his position and was not making the runs as last season because of Janssen being there at times, hopefully we'll sort this out. Eriksen was worrying as he did not get in the game and as a result we lacked creativity. Pardew feels Palace missed Benteke which must be one of his greatest quotes as he's never kicked a ball for them, bit like us missing Ronaldo or Messi today.

not buying the idea that history should affect our starts. its all about pre season, and i don't think poch knows how yet.

Mate.
How many of these young players did he have to work with this summer? How many of them have had a rest? I think he's actually done well TBH...

Good to get the win. And very much deserved. Not overly impressed with our attacking play and I have real reservations about the Dier/Wanyama DM combination. But we were the better team (again) and got the win.

Great to have Vertonghen back and up to his best. Walker was immense, Rose was good. Lamela promising again and his corners were consistently a threat I thought. Janssen looks like a perfect signing.

Poch needs to learn about premium season preps. We are fortunate to win this game. Amazing how our best and brightest from last season are struggling.

There just isn't enough time for a "premiium season prep". Whatever that is. Look at the other top teams. Arsenal looking a bit of a shambles, Liverpool losing to Burnely, Leicester losing to "doomed Hull", Chelsea needing late goals to win against teams starting with a W... United and City have looked good, but it's only natural for some teams to be in better form and get better results at this time of the season just like other times.

Also our season preps aren't just for the first handful of weeks. It's supposed to prepare us for the season. That means the middle and the end of it too. Hard work up until the start might make us slightly less fresh at the start of the season, but that might be the key to give us more energy around Christmas or when the CL fixtures give us an early fixture congestion.

Ok so by that view we won. So nothing to discuss. Close the forum.

Not at all, my comments were specifically about what I see as a constant criticism of player A over player B, or player C should be in the team not player D, or we should play this formation not a different one. Yes they are discussion points but what I fail to see here is any "well done lads" I only ever see "Eriksen was brick" or "Kane can't play if Janssen plays", nothing ever positive, why all the negativity is my question.

There isn't ONE player in our squad who is 100% has to play, every player will have good and bad days, if it's a good day say "Well done" if it's a bad day don't say "you're brick" say "I think that x could be done differently".

And above all it's a team game, as a team we win or lose, today we won, which at the end of the day is what we want isn't it?

woo hoo glad we got the win

didn't see the second half but from the 135 mins of the season I have seen I've got no concerns, it's early days and we have new signings in spine positions, it's gonna take time to gel and long term the extra competition should help

don't forget we were a bit ropey last August too

Im a little worried here.

I think Poch prefers Wanyama to Dier. That is why he is forcing him in the team when we do not need to holding midfielders. When Dembele is back im pretty sure it will Dier that makes way.

If he continues to play Janssen I also see it affecting HArry's game. Yes he can play deep and has a decent pass. But he is at his most effective at the point of the attack. We are negating what he brings to the team to force Janssen in.

When Dembele comes back where is one of Dele, Eriksen and Lamela going to go if Kane is back in those positions.

I think its no co-incidence that Kane and Dier have looked average so far this season out of position. Whilst Wanyam and Janssen have had good starts.

I feel it has to be one or the other with both of them. Dier or Wanyama, Kane or Janssen. But not for the formation all over to get them all in.
I think you're worrying too much....

Wanyama might be a better player than Dier, if so he plays, if not Dier plays.
When Alli is 100% he'll probably play 10, with Kane back in the number 9 role and Janssen on the bench

We won we should all be happy. Good confidence boost for our boys to shake off the cobwebs of the end of last season. Up and running...Big test next week.

Jeepers, what a day.

All excited at the prospect of getting back to the Lane, then found out the f#ckin car wouldnt start. No way though was we coming down and not seeing the match. Just as we booked a taxi from the hotel, remembered my phone was still in the car, and managed to get the f#cker going at the 4th attempt.

Just made kick-off. Thanks to big Vic it was worth the hassle. How weird did the Lane look, very Britannia Stadum-esque I thought.

Deffo deserved the win should have finished 3-1. Far too early I suppose, but I hope to GHod that no.9 is not cursed. Janssen is amazing off-the-ball, but thats another chance gone begging that he should have buried. Hoping that once he gets that first one, loads will follow..

Back at the Car park, took 4 more attempts to get going, was going to stay over tonight, but thought f#ck that, lets just get home and have a good look at the poxy thing in the morning

well done @paxtonwolf - above and beyond COYS

Believe me I was gutted sat in the car at just before 2pm. Although my language was choice. But believe me no way was we missing the game. Taxi was quoting £14 from the Premier Inn, but even that would have been worth it.
Glad to be home. Think it is the immobiliser, stepson is good with cars, so he can have a good look tomorrow

I didn't get to see the game, but judging from my pal who was at the game, we should be having serious relegation fears (he's the type of guy that wanted rid of Poch after his first season though, mind). I don't care too much about how we play this early in the season, it's just about getting a few wins, getting fit, getting the team going. I'd be surprised if our play didn't improve bit by bit as we go along. As someone else pointed out, no one so far have looked particularly impressive - except for perhaps both Manchester clubs - but then again, against brick opponents. Glad we won. Feel bad for Janssen missing the sitter. He'll come good though, can't see another Soldado story with this one, way less pressure on Vincent.

Back