• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace

Rose, Lloris, Paulinho, Vertonghen looked good. Soldado did his job and really happy for him.

The rest need to improve. It will come as the team settles. We let Palace have a pop for the last 20. Better teams...would have made more of that.

Happy enough with the general performance and the new players all looked good, had we of been a bit more clinical it would have been much more comfortable.

Fair play to palace they worked really hard and made things difficult.

Nothing outstanding but a good 3 points and something to build on.

Three shots on target according to Sky. A lack of creativity and under pressure for most of the second half against a side that will probably be relegated.
We desperately need a Modric type play maker. Also Rose was frequently out of position defensively and we will be punished by better teams if he continues to play like that.

What was the need for the commentator to allude to the fact that "For one week at least, Tottenham are above Arsenal".

What a taco.

good all round performance

soldado is class
Capoue is class
dembele is class
lloris is class

lennon played well, paulie played well

good job in a tricky away tie

Phew. The definition of a hard-fought win.

Interestingly, we made 3 clear-cut chances in this game. Chadli's missed header at the end of the first half, Sigurdsson's miss from the center of the penalty spot and Defoe's skewed shot after breaking through. Two of them (Sigurdsson and Defoe) came after Palace started pushing forward and leaving spaces at the back, and Chadli's header came seconds before half-time when both sides were wound down and looking to see out the last bit of the first 45.

We didn't create much other than that, which is concerning. However, we looked like we were principally struggling with movement and chemistry down the middle, with Paulinho, Soldado and Chadli making runs that all...well, mismatched. That will change when they get used to each other, but we will struggle with numbers down the middle as long as Lennon stays out wide. We either need Lennon to come inside or someone else to play in that position.

Other than that, solid defensive performance (Except for the end, when Kaboul was introduced and Verts stopped moving for some reason) and encouraging signs from Bobby Soldier.

good all round performance

soldado is class
Capoue is class
dembele is class
lloris is class

lennon played well, paulie played well

good job in a tricky away tie

Pretty much this except Lennon was picking the wrong option a lot in the first half. I think Rose played well too.

Thought we were very comfortable. Didn't make me nervous at all. I was starting to worry that I'm changing as a Spurs fan. Always felt we had another gear if neccesary. If JD had buried his chance we would have had no last minute minor scare.

AVB will have to do something about defending those long crosses to the far post, did us a few times last season (Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Norwich spring to mind) or else we'll continue to suffer from them.

I should have mentioned Lennon. As one (or the?) most experienced team member, he took the game to Palace.

But we have to improve against Swansea. Some fluid passing would be a good. Better team shape - too often there isn't a pass on. Better fitness - looked leggy towards the end. More ruthless - we should play one way, and when we score, we should keep playing that way and score more.

Swap Chadli with Bale and I believe we would have been 3 up by half time. Yes Bale is worth a lot of money, but I prefer a lot of points. Ask a Gooner about points>money

Three shots on target according to Sky. A lack of creativity and under pressure for most of the second half against a side that will probably be relegated.
We desperately need a Modric type play maker. Also Rose was frequently out of position defensively and we will be punished by better teams if he continues to play like that.

Yes, we desperately need some creativity in that midfield, trouble is, we've already bought two central midfielders this summer, I doubt we'll buy another. Decent game overall today, but we're far too static in attack. Not sure what Chadli has that Townsend hasn't, but it's obviously too early to judge him.

Yes, we desperately need some creativity in that midfield, trouble is, we've already bought two central midfielders this summer, I doubt we'll buy another. Decent game overall today, but we're far too static in attack. Not sure what Chadli has that Townsend hasn't, but it's obviously too early to judge him.

Back