• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea, WHL, Sat 28 Sept

does anyone know what happened in the Paxton Upper during the first half yesterday? looked like paramedics were on scene and several rows of supporters were cleared out for 20-30 minutes or so while they treated someone

Guy had a heart attack, is recovering now though apparently.

It was much easier for Mourinho to make the change as they were losing and were being outplayed in the attacking third.

It wasn't a straight like for like either as they went more like a 4-1-4-1 with nothing to lose. They kept the ball within 20 metres of their last man and played percentage passes which turned us a lot of times. All their chances came from runs and passes on the half way line where as in the first half they were going over the top. Yeah it helps having a player as a good as Mata on the bench but if that had been 0-0 at half time he wouldn't have changed a thing and then what for them? I'd have backed one winner and that was us.

What was clever in the change was that it made eriksen redundant hence no effect from him in the half, and paulinho struggled too with being swamped by very good players

He got it badly wrong playing Ramires right wing and IMO AVB got it badly wrong taking off Townsend. Mourinho made the right change at half time and AVB Didn't quite get it right with his subs but the result was a fair one.

but they still never looked like scoring once.

wasnt until Mata come on they started getting the clear cut changes, Schurlle, Torres, Oscar all come to mind, plus his set peice delivery was unreal.

No, they'd improved significantly in the last 10 minutes of the first half.

Well they couldn't have played much worse by their standards :lol:

I felt at half time Chelsea had showed more towards the end of the half but that we were still comfortably on top even in those last 10 minutes. In the second half they were comfortably on top.

Well they couldn't have played much worse by their standards :lol:

I felt at half time Chelsea had showed more towards the end of the half but that we were still comfortably on top even in those last 10 minutes. In the second half they were comfortably on top.

especially as within those last 10 minutes they were supposedly on top we had a great chance to make it 2-0 with Paulinhos chance.

I actually cant remember a time we tested Cech in the second half.

especially as within those last 10 minutes they were supposedly on top we had a great chance to make it 2-0 with Paulinhos chance.

Likewise the only saved Lloris made in the first half was a lampturd free kick that there whole team missed!!!

They offered nothing at all in first half and we offered very little to nothing in the second. The draw was the right result but it would have been different if Torres had been sent off for the first foul play rather than the one he did!

Defoe had a chance in the second half. Bizarrely tried to place it rather then blast it, very undefoelike..

Defoe had a chance in the second half. Bizarrely tried to place it rather then blast it, very undefoelike..

Yeah people haven't really mentioned this chance so much. It was massive. I would expect a quality striker fighting to start in our team take that chance. Such a weak effort.

All very well rolling it into an empty net when already 3 goals up in the Carling Cup but that is where he needed to perform if we wanted the situation to change.

Yeah people haven't really mentioned this chance so much. It was massive. I would expect a quality striker fighting to start in our team take that chance. Such a weak effort.

All very well rolling it into an empty net when already 3 goals up in the Carling Cup but that is where he needed to perform if we wanted the situation to change.

That is my take on Defoe, hardly ever scores the first goal and even after all these years we are waiting for him to become the player we need, ok on the bench but that's it.

I can't believe people are saying Vertonghen had Torres in his pocket, I thought Torres was excellent apart from his ****iness.

Vertonghen was our best player in the first half, one of his best performances for us defensively. they got into hsi head badly.

People should remember that we still are work in progress, Ramires moving to the centre and putting Eriksen in his pocket is what changed the game.

Just when I thought the OMT's couldn't get any worse . Geeesus, what a fcuk off read that were .

Should be beating the likes of Chelsea 9-0 at home. Okay , at least six or five-nil when we're having an off day#-o
Why do you lack so much ambition?
Why can't we be disappointed not to have beaten Chelsea at home?

does anyone know what happened in the Paxton Upper during the first half yesterday? looked like paramedics were on scene and several rows of supporters were cleared out for 20-30 minutes or so while they treated someone

Was hoping to find out myself. It was in our Block about 12 rows behind us. Looked like the Paramedics were still giving them CPR on the way down the stairs.

Really hope its good news for them.

Back