• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brighton ***

You do realize they're a brick team and that what you mentioned happened over 3 years ago with a completely different team?

Spurs have a habit of doing the same thing over and over. We don't learn. Mourinho learns and no chance his team will be as bad as they were in the league Vs us

Yes we were poor last night - everyone knows that. The problem is that if Poch knows, it begs the question why didn't he do something about it?

I heard today he is saying some players are affected by tiredness after a long and hard season. That is a poor excuse and I am disappointed he would seek to use it - after all conditioning is down to him and the coaching staff. What has happened to the much lauded sports science we heard so much about?

Also, to say he intends to address this in the summer really puts hope over experience. His record in the transfer market isn't exactly stellar. Apart from Toby and Big Vic, both of whom he had previous personal knowledge of having worked with them previously, I would say the transfer dealings under him have been hit and miss at best - and probably more miss than hit.

I think we improved with the subs. But I dont like Son on the right and Lucas on the left. As for Sissoko, I really try to support every player who dons the shirt but christ Moussa make it nigh on impossible. Mind last night he looked to have been giving Christian some passing and ball control tips.

Last edited:
Yes we were poor last night - everyone knows that. The problem is that if Poch knows, it begs the question why didn't he do something about it?

I heard today he is saying some players are affected by tiredness after a long and hard season. That is a poor excuse and I am disappointed he would seek to use it - after all conditioning is down to him and the coaching staff. What has happened to the much lauded sports science we heard so much about?

Also, to say he intends to address this in the summer really puts hope over experience. His record in the transfer market isn't exactly stellar. Apart from Toby and Big Vic, both of whom he had previous personal knowledge of having worked with them previously, I would say the transfer dealings under him have been hit and miss at best - and probably more miss than hit.

What's your source for the "tiredness" stuff? I have seen nothing. Are you talking about him perhaps discussing the rotation/resting Alli and Dier? I haven't seen anything like this.

As for addressing some squad issues...we shall see. I think you could be surprised.

Spurs have a habit of doing the same thing over and over. We don't learn. Mourinho learns and no chance his team will be as bad as they were in the league Vs us

giphy.gif

We lost to Cheatski the first time we played them this season. We beat them the second time.
We lost to Utd the first time we played them this season. We beat them the second time.
We lost to Woolwich the first time we played them this season. We beat them the second time.
We drew with Liverpool the first time we played them this season. We beat them the second time.

Same thing over and over. When will we learn, eh?

EDIT Got the Pool one the wrong way round. But could swap with Burnley, Swansea.
Point being we are continually learning.

Last edited:
What's your source for the "tiredness" stuff? I have seen nothing. Are you talking about him perhaps discussing the rotation/resting Alli and Dier? I haven't seen anything like this.

As for addressing some squad issues...we shall see. I think you could be surprised.

It was reported in the sports section of Radio 4's Today Programme this morning. If it is true as reported, I don't think that Poch should have said it as it puts an excuse into players minds and that can't be helpful.

I hope you are right regarding the squad issues.

Why do say he didn't do anything about it? From what i could see on the TV we switched things up at half time with Kane dropping in to the AM positions and Son playing as a false 9 - that's 'doing something about it', we then made a double substitution later in the half, again 'doing something about it' - the first change saw an upturn in performance from Kane and resulted in a goal, had we held on to the lead rather than giving a penalty away we'd likely have seen the game out as Brighton would have been chasing the point and opened up, the ewualoser allowed them to shut up shop and make things difficult.

I was referring more to our poor first half showing. Our torpid first half performances are unfortunatey an all too recurring theme this season (although they have also happened in previous seasons as well). Poch never seems to address this issue during the first half and get us properly focussed right from the first whistle.

probably more a case of not noticing what gets changed rather than seeing that nothing is being done - sometimes it's an obvious thing like Son/Kane v Brighton but im sure tweaks are made throughout games as circumstances change. surely no one is brazen enough to watch a game on TV or in the stands and think they know everything the manager done during the 90 minutes?

I do wonder what sort of changes you expect to see in the first half of a football match, could you expand a little here? How long do you think is an appropriate length of time before making some big noticeable changes? Do you think there's any draw back to getting in the players ears early on snd asking them to change the way they've been set up?

Last edited:
probably more a case of not noticing what gets changed tbh rather than seeing that nothing is being done - sometimes it's an obvious thing like Son/Kane v Brighton but im sure tweaks are made throughout games as circumstances change. surely no one is brazen enough to watch a game on TV or in the stands and think they know everything the manager done during the 90 minutes?

We sometimes switch things three or four times in a match.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Is it, they have more points than this time last season.
They have fluked it this season. It's not because they're playing such great football. Haven't seen their games, but De Gea has probably played a big role.

Burnley have fluked it big time too, by the way. They should really be in a relegation scrap, but for some reason are fighting for a Europa spot.

probably more a case of not noticing what gets changed rather than seeing that nothing is being done - sometimes it's an obvious thing like Son/Kane v Brighton but im sure tweaks are made throughout games as circumstances change. surely no one is brazen enough to watch a game on TV or in the stands and think they know everything the manager done during the 90 minutes?

I do wonder what sort of changes you expect to see in the first half of a football match, could you expand a little here? How long do you think is an appropriate length of time before making some big noticeable changes? Do you think there's any draw back to getting in the players ears early on snd asking them to change the way they've been set up?

I fully accept that I may well not notice some of the tweaks made. However, what I definitely can see is a poor performance. I have already referenced the Stoke game from last season, where Poch admitted in his book that we didn't look up for it in the first half. Here is what he says about the Monaco match in the CL last season

"In the days leading up to the match, I'd been living a dream. So it was a rude awakening when we went and conceded twice in that manner - due to schoolboy errors. As a result, at half-time, I turned into a blabbermouth. I couldn't stop talking. I didn't want to. What was happening was plain for all to see. 'What is this team doing? How can we let in goals like those? Is there no blood running through your veins? I told the players all that and more. I punched a television and almost broke it. I think they were a little bit scared to see me like that -it's the first time I've got heated with this group".

Our poor first half performances have become too much of a recurring theme and have continued to hurt us. Poch and team need to ensure we are "at it" from the first second. If we are not, and it is plain for all to see if we are or not, then I expect him to be up much earlier addressing this recurrent issue. So I expect to see both changes in initial approach to games and for him to address matters which are clearly not working much sooner.

Back