• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brighton ***

Eriksen has been good in spells, but doesn't get the ball in advanced positions enough. Lucas looking good whenever he gets space to run at the Brighton defense. Kane has done a few good things towards the end, but not involved enough. Sissoko with a couple of brilliant weighted passes, but also a few terrible ones. We're a bit slow in attack, not moving the ball quickly enough, not occupying the right spaces. Davies with quite a few good opportunities to cross, but hasn't managed to hit a man yet. Relatively poor half by us, let's hope we step it up for the second half, as has been the custom over the past 15 games. :D

We've just wasted 50 % of this football match. Sometimes in these types of games we play as if a football match lasts for an eternity. No tempo and desperation to win it seems. We played like this in too many games in the first half of the season. We dropped points in some of them and got away away with in others. In the second half I want to see a team that shows a true desire to win. If we drop points here and Chelsea win on Thursday, it will be far too close for comfort.

Toby on for Sanchez. Moura on for Alli. Thats all wee needed. Throw in a wet pitch and to many changes. Now we've got a right fudgeup

We've just wasted 50 % of this football match. Sometimes in these types of games we play as if a football match lasts for an eternity. No tempo and desperation to win it seems. We played like this in too many games in the first half of the season. We dropped points in some of them and got away away with in others. In the second half I want to see a team that shows a true desire to win. If we drop points here and Chelsea win on Thursday, it will be far too close for comfort.

Indeed! I think this is really the difficult part of keeping a good football team performing. Getting the players up for every second of football they play. It's tough enough to motivate one individual to perform 100% at all times, let alone 11 (or 22), especially when they're all to perform together.

Definitely. A week ago it looked like we could just fall over the line into the CL, but I thought that about 2nd spot 2 years ago. Burnley away wont be easy on Thursday, but you just know if we slip up Chelsea will pounce.

Just need to move up to 2nd gear from the off in the 2nd half.

Yeah, everyone knows it’s “uninterested”, don’t they @Roland Beurre?

My apologies. :p

The difference between disinterested and uninterested is often controversial. According to traditional guidelines, disinterested should never be used to mean ‘not interested’ (i.e. it is not a synonym for uninterested) but only to mean ‘impartial’, as in 'the judgements of disinterested outsiders are likely to be more useful'. Ironically, the earliest recorded sense of disinterested is for the disputed sense. Today, the ‘incorrect’ use of disinterested is widespread: around a quarter of citations in the Oxford English Corpus for disinterested are for this sense.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/disinterested-or-uninterested

Is it just me or is ‘the tempo is too slow’ an automatic response any time we are not winning?

Maybe there’s some truth in it, but sometimes I feel like it’s a lazy cliche without any real substance!

Feels to me like our tempo’s been good, but we’ve just been lacking a bit of quality. To be expected without Dembele and Alli.

Spot on mate.

That was not an enjoyable game at all...

Back