• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s unreal isn’t it. I’ve rarely been as deflated as a spurs fan as I am today because I really believe today was an absolute gimme and we fudged it away.

And this time next Sunday fudge knows how I’ll feel. Either like I’m 10 foot tall or much, much worse than today. fudging Spurs.
I hate to say it, but despite STILL being in 3rd and not out of the CL semi, I’m not as fuming as I used to be. I know at the start of the season we would have taken being in this position, but the league results we’ve had since Burnley have been horrific. And when Foyth went, for the first time ever, I turned off, made a cuppa and did something else. When I saw the result and the time of their goal it didn’t surprise me either. Hopefully we somehow stumble our way back into the CL and then regroup.

For all of you lovely lads and lasses and non-binaries on here, it’s been a crazy ride, and seemingly it always will be. I do, however, put my money on Poch being able to rebuild a squad capable of challenging for things again next season.

COYS!!!

Hopefully Son thinks he owes us big time in Amsterdam and pulls it out of the bag like he did at Emirates Marketing Project in the last round.

That is the only positive I can really think of from today.

My thoughts on today:

We should’ve put the game to bed long before Son was dismissed. We will not get so many chances against Ajax or Everton.

Son should hang his head in shame. He cost the team massively, not to mention costing Toby and Dier the chance to play in the second half and probably owes them a couple of pints for his madness (or Rolex’s, or Bentleys or whatever classes as a pint-sized gift for a footballer). Was he riled? Yes. No excuse whatsoever. If he thinks he got wound up today he should count himself very lucky he avoided national service.

Foyth ditto. Probably worse actually.

Everyone that played 90 minutes: they put a real shift in. They’re going to be knackered for weds. Son and Foyth owe them a villa in Spain each, or something.

That referee is demonstrably one of the poorest in the PL. which considering the ‘quality’ of the other referees is really saying something. That said, he can’t be blamed for the reds.

Luckily my Thursday nights are looking pretty clear from July onwards.

Always finish on a positive: Toby, Dier, Foyth and Son will be fresh for Weds. sorry, that’s the best I can do.

My thoughts on today:

We should’ve put the game to bed long before Son was dismissed. We will not get so many chances against Ajax or Everton.

Son should hang his head in shame. He cost the team massively, not to mention costing Toby and Dier the chance to play in the second half and probably owes them a couple of pints for his madness (or Rolex’s, or Bentleys or whatever classes as a pint-sized gift for a footballer). Was he riled? Yes. No excuse whatsoever. If he thinks he got wound up today he should count himself very lucky he avoided national service.

Foyth ditto. Probably worse actually.

Everyone that played 90 minutes: they put a real shift in. They’re going to be knackered for weds. Son and Foyth owe them a villa in Spain each, or something.

That referee is demonstrably one of the poorest in the PL. which considering the ‘quality’ of the other referees is really saying something. That said, he can’t be blamed for the reds.

Luckily my Thursday nights are looking pretty clear from July onwards.

Always finish on a positive: Toby, Dier, Foyth and Son will be fresh for Weds. sorry, that’s the best I can do.

Don't want Dier or Foyth in the team on Wednesday.

Anyone know how many games Son is banned for?

Presumably its somehow deemed violent conduct, so three games and he misses first two PL games next season?

Anyone know how many games Son is banned for?

Presumably its somehow deemed violent conduct, so three games and he misses first two PL games next season?

Suspended to August 24th according to PL, so I presume that’ll be three games - next week and two at the start of next season.

You’ve got to get over this Levy nonsense.

Did he shell out £42m(!) on Sanchez? Yes.

Did he spend double-digit millions on all of Lloris, Lamela, Eriksen, Sissoko, Llorente, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Moura? Yes?

Has he improved the contracts of Kane and Alli? Yes.

Has he offered a new deal to Eriksen? Yes.

Would you rather sign more potential deadwood if we can get our top choices? Which could block other signings or progress of the youngsters.

The claim he doesn’t invest in the playing staff is demonstrable gonad*s.

Mate, our net spend over ten years is negative. We've made more than we've spent, just from outgoings - never mind the enormous explosion in revenue from TV, commercial and so on.

We've wasted our CL premium - there was once a time when we thought it was the lack of CL stopping us from signing players. Well, we've been in the CL and absolutely nothing has changed. In fact, it's gotten worse - I prefer the days when we were out of it, because at least we signed *someone*.

We signed *no one* - absolutely *no fudging one* for 18 months. All of football thinks that's a macaronic thing to do, since no one's actually done it - but here we are, record-breakers.

In answer to your questions, it really doesn't matter how much we spend in terms of fees on players, because we made a profit on player sales in *all* of those years. He effectively spent nothing, unless you think reusing money from sales is an investment. If you hire someone to sell your car for twenty grand, and he buys three 5 grand couches and returns them to you, is that *investment* on his part? Did he take a big risk buying those couches?

Re: signing deadwood, and the resulting threat of blocking 'other signings', or the progress of the youngsters - a) well, we signed no one, so not sure what great other signings were waiting to come through the door if we didn't sign deadwood. And b) what do we want to be? If we want to be a big club, big clubs don't hobble themselves with 11-man senior squads to afford maximum space to the youngsters. That shouldn't be a primary aim, unless our academy is literally Ajax level (and it has never been), *and* our league is a feeder league, like the Eredivisie.

I know you know all this. I've spelled it out enough times. But that is lost amidst the crackling back-and-forth that *any* criticism of Levy generates - no matter how even-handed.

Suspended to August 24th according to PL, so I presume that’ll be three games - next week and two at the start of next season.
You know when you having a brick end of the season when it’s so unbelievably bricktily brick, that it’s already become so brick that it’s bricking up the next season before it’s even started.

That’s a lot of brick overflowing when the current year can’t even find a brick bucket big enough to hold it all.

After a few hours to reflect I’m still fuming after that. I’m not a happy clapper by any means normally but today I can’t find a single positive.

Dreadful defeat and morale would be shot in that dressing room no doubt about it.

CL aside since Wolves we’ve been brick. No masking the fact lucky to be where we are sitting at moment in 3rd. 13 losses 13!! Is not good enough.

As much as some argue not , it was a massive mistake not to strengthen this squad . We could not even shift any of the brick on our books and that lays squarely at the feet of our chairman. Perhaps his eye was on the stadium project but on the pitch we’ve regressed.

Such a shame but this collective has run its course and needs a freshen up. Dele thinks he’s billy big time lately and his performances have an air of untouchable arrogance.

So tinkled off cant remember ever being this deflated as I honestly can’t see us winning again this season we’ve gone.

We're incredibly lucky that every other result has gone our way lately! Even Wolves won today, so Everton have absolutely nothing to play for next weekend. Honestly, if we throw away CL qualification now, it's unbelievable and inexcusable!
Poch has a massive job of getting the players ready for Wednesday, although the motivation should take care of itself. But we look totally deflated atm, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

We're incredibly lucky that every other result has gone our way lately! Even Wolves won today, so Everton have absolutely nothing to play for next weekend. Honestly, if we throw away CL qualification now, it's unbelievable and inexcusable!
Poch has a massive job of getting the players ready for Wednesday, although the motivation should take care of itself. But we look totally deflated atm, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

yep, re Wednesday think its helpful that Ajax have their cup final tomorrow afternoon and we'll obviously have Sissoko and Son from the start. I think we can win on Wednesday, though whether we do or not is a separate matter

I'm also becoming more optimistic re CL qualification, simply because I can't see Arsenal winning away at Burnley

yep, re Wednesday though its helpful that Ajax have their cup final tomorrow afternoon and we'll obviously have Sissoko and Son from the start. I think we can win on Wednesday, though whether we do or not is a separate matter

I'm also becoming more optimistic re CL qualification, simply because I can't see Arsenal winning away at Burnley
At least Son should be well rested.....

yep, re Wednesday think its helpful that Ajax have their cup final tomorrow afternoon and we'll obviously have Sissoko and Son from the start. I think we can win on Wednesday, though whether we do or not is a separate matter

But united will surely beat Cardiff and Huddersfield. That will put pressure on us to get at least a point against Everton.

Back