• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs AFC Bournemouth, Sun 20th Mar 2016***

Never thought I'd hear the day when our fans sang "Leicester City - we're coming for you" haha.

Thought the Bournemouth fans were pretty funny - singing things like "Leicester City, they're better than you" and "Gareth Bale, he left cos you're brick". So we responded by singing "3-0 and a long way home". Good, old fashioned, good natured banter between fans.

Great performance too. Looks as though we don't do ratings threads anymore, but Kane, Eriksen, Wimmer and Alderweireld were the stand outs for me. Pretty sure I saw Lloris rolling a spliff from sheer boredom at having nothing to do. They've scored more goals away from home than Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea or Southampton and were on a three game winning streak, so for them to not even have a sniff of a chance was great to see. Honestly the 3-0 scoreline flattered them and Howe has said we're the best team they've faced this season. And with an aggregate score of 8-1 in the two fixtures, how could he say anything else?

Bournemouth were already on the beach, but still a very good, professional performance with no signs of nerves whatsoever. Probably our easiest game of the run in.

Bournemouth were already on the beach, but still a very good, professional performance with no signs of nerves whatsoever. Probably our easiest game of the run in.

That was simply a very good performance against an inform team. "On the beach" more like overrun and outclassed by a much better team. I would be one first to mitigate on here on behalf of Bournemouth who have been excellent this year, but not this sunday at WHL. They were simply spanked!

That was simply a very good performance against an inform team. "On the beach" more like overrun and outclassed by a much better team. I would be one first to mitigate on here on behalf of Bournemouth who have been excellent this year, but not this sunday at WHL. They were simply spanked!

We totally outplayed them, but Eddie Howe wasn't happy with their effort as well as the performance. I think they kind of gave up after we scored so early. They're safe and will have far easier games than against us away from home.

I still think the game against the Spammers at WHL was the best football we've played. This one was more of managing the result, which in itself was great, because we did it so sublimely. We have made almost every team we played look poor, with the exception of the Spammers at UP (how strange is it that our best and worst games were against the same team).

Victimpool are a dangerous side and can definitely put a couple past us, but if we took Villa and Bournemouth this seriously, I can only imagine how seriously we'll take them, which will likely result in another great performance.

COYS!

Such a shame the international break has come now, as Pochettino wont get much time with all the squad. Same applies to Liverpool I suppose, as they also have 5 in the England squad plus plenty with other countries, but you just now our quintet will all play 3 hours for England.

I really hope we can get a win at Anfield, especially with it being the final time we 'bat first'.

Leicester fans are already looking forward to going 8pts clear and Arsenal fans are expecting to close the gap to 3 with a game in hand. Head says a draw at best, but the confidence the club would get from a win is unmeasurable and then we would really see what this Leicester side are made of with the gap down to 2

Never thought I'd hear the day when our fans sang "Leicester City - we're coming for you" haha.

Thought the Bournemouth fans were pretty funny - singing things like "Leicester City, they're better than you" and "Gareth Bale, he left cos you're brick". So we responded by singing "3-0 and a long way home". Good, old fashioned, good natured banter between fans.

Great performance too. Looks as though we don't do ratings threads anymore, but Kane, Eriksen, Wimmer and Alderweireld were the stand outs for me. Pretty sure I saw Lloris rolling a spliff from sheer boredom at having nothing to do. They've scored more goals away from home than Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea or Southampton and were on a three game winning streak, so for them to not even have a sniff of a chance was great to see. Honestly the 3-0 scoreline flattered them and Howe has said we're the best team they've faced this season. And with an aggregate score of 8-1 in the two fixtures, how could he say anything else?

It did. Should and could have been 6-0.

Alli so unlucky with the disallowed goal, and maybe should have done better with his first half shot at Boruc and definitely should have with his fluffed shot in the 2nd
Rose unlucky his shot didnt fly in
Eriksen close to reaching Kane's cross
Walker just shooting wide in what could have been a brilliant counter.

The perfect way to go into the break. A few fans were groaning we didnt go for more, but I am sure we saved plenty of energy in that 2nd half and still managed to get a major boost to our already-impressive GD

Someone (Jurgen the German?) wrote in another thread how this team plays as a unit and that was so apparent on Sunday. They press together, create space for each other, know where they should be and where teammates are, create scoring opportunities for each other. It was such a pleasure to watch. Shame the international break checks the momentum but I have no doubt the players will return and slot right back in without any disruption, due in large part to the way they have been coached and drilled by Poch and his staff. At the risk of wishing my life away, roll on April 2nd!

Happy with the performance and the win. But we really should have won by a bigger score. We need to learn to be more greedy and ruthless in front of goal. We could have improved our goal difference if we had scored a few more goals. Scoring early goals in each half was a perfect start for us. But we relaxed too much after that. We had 8 shots on target and Bournemouth had none. We should have scored atleast 2 more goals from that.

Well done to Kane for scoring 2 goals to take his goal tally to 21 league goals this season. That makes him the top scorer in the league so far. He is also only the 5th English striker to score more than 20 league goals in 2 consecutive seasons. Never thought he could manage to do it looking at the way he was struggling for goals earlier in the season. But he has done really well to get back his goal scoring form and looks like can score a few more this season. Hope he can maintain his goal run and finish as the top scorer in the league this season. One thing I noticed in this match was Kane was passing to his team mates more which is encouraging. His chip to Lamela in the first half was smart but the defender managed to stop Lamela from shooting at goal.

Our midfield of Dier, Dembele and Alli done really well control the match. Credit to Eriksen for scoring our 3rd goal. But was disappointed Eriksen couldn't hit the target from this free kicks. Crdit to Alli for assisting our second goal for Kane with an inch perfect pass. Alli was also unlucky not to score as his goal was ruled off side. Dembele was his level best controlling the midfield and stopping the Bournemouth players from getting the ball much. Well done to Dier too for avoiding a yellow card which would have been a 2 match suspension for him. But was surprised Pochettino waited until so late to replace Dier despite us leading 3-0.

It was nice to see our defence keeping our 2nd consecutive clean sheet in the league. It is great to see us still having the best defensive record in the league. Bournemouth were very poor and didn't trouble our defence much. But our defence did their part to concentrate in the match. Credit to Walker for assisting our first goal for Kane. He could be having more assists if he can improve his cross and passes.

Bournemouth at home was supposed to be our easiest of our remaining league matches. So, it was nice to see us beating them comfortably even if we should have scored more. Hopefully this win will give us all the confident we need when we play Liverpool and ManU next.

Last edited:
Great, GREAT result!
Who was it that crossed the ball for the goal that Alli scored that was disallowed because Kane touched it beforehand in an offside position?
That was a GREAT cross...

Back