• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs AC Milan - Audi Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I did like Scotty and appreciated his contribution, but Bentaleb is supposed to be on an entirely different level, yet I'm mostly seeing Parker-level performances from him. That was the point I was making.

My thoughts here are that Bentaleb is a player who is at a very, very high level compared to his age and experience. We should be comparing his performances to Matic before he left Chelsea to go to Benfica the first time and yet Bentaleb isn't far off of the Matic we see now.

I actually think that we would benefit from bringing in a more defensive minded midfielder (Kramer? Bender?) and pushing Bentaleb on a bit further forward.... as on the occasions when he does get a bit further forward he looks to have the vision and technique to make a difference, as well as the physicality and energy to help with our pressing game.

My thoughts here are that Bentaleb is a player who is at a very, very high level compared to his age and experience. We should be comparing his performances to Matic before he left Chel53a to go to Benfica the first time and yet Bentaleb isn't far off of the Matic we see now.

I actually think that we would benefit from bringing in a more defensive minded midfielder (Kramer? Bender?) and pushing Bentaleb on a bit further forward.... as on the occasions when he does get a bit further forward he looks to have the vision and technique to make a difference, as well as the physicality and energy to help with our pressing game.
I'll concede the age thing and that comparing a 20-year old Bentaleb to a 30-year old Parker may actually be a positive. But then what is his proper position? You compare him to Matic, who is a DM, yet you imply he should be playing more forward. And I agree that when he pushes forward he has looked good (not outstanding, but good). So should we be judging him as a DM or something else?

Don't get me wrong, I did like Scotty and appreciated his contribution, but Bentaleb is supposed to be on an entirely different level, yet I'm mostly seeing Parker-level performances from him. That was the point I was making.
'Parker-level' was outstanding the year we gloriously qualified for the CL, when he was voted Player of the Year. That level from Bentaleb will do very nicely thank you very much.

My thoughts here are that Bentaleb is a player who is at a very, very high level compared to his age and experience. We should be comparing his performances to Matic before he left Chel53a to go to Benfica the first time and yet Bentaleb isn't far off of the Matic we see now.

I would agree with most of that, he is overrated by some but there is no doubt that at 20 yo he has the time to become a really good player. I think playing alongside Mason is not helping him progress further though and agree that a more defensive minded player would allow him to progress faster.

'Parker-level' was outstanding the year we gloriously qualified for the CL, when he was voted Player of the Year. That level from Bentaleb will do very nicely thank you very much.

Sadly, that was the year that we ingloriously threw away CL qualification - albeit with the help of some outrageous good fortune for Chelsea.

;)

Parker was outstanding. In fact, it was he IMO that took our game to the next level. He was also impressive for AVB in the season afterwards when Sandro got injured as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back