• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers ***

What a bunch a whingers! '

We haven't been "figured out". As though there is a moment when teams unlock the secrets of the opposition :D

The main issue today was bad defending. It does not matter the system, or whether you have a plan E F G H I J or K, if you allow the opposition a free header on goal from a corner, and a free shot on goal on the break (when you have ample men back), you are not winning many games. Simple. Fuk all to do with Ange and his system nonsense.

Unsurprisingly Ange ball has been found out, as the likes of the full backs coming centrally is no longer a surprise and the opposition are more prepared for these abnormalities. It is now time for Ange to earn his money and come up with some answers. He has plenty of credit in the bank but does need to show something because this sort of performance isn't a one off....
For all the talk of how attacking we are, since Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we haven’t looked like taking any team apart. We’ve been getting lucky to be fair. I skimmed an Athletic article lately where they said something along the lines of “it’s not just the late goals that are a concern, Danjuma should have equalised for Everton, Burnley missed a sitter in injury time and so did Brentford.” Law of averages caught up with us today.

if we don't get any Europe, from where we were 10 games in, that would be incredible
But possible! Top 4 would have been an amazing achievement. And we all thought it possible cos we have turned in some great performances. While other teams have been rubbish.

If we get Europe which we all thought could be done. Still considered a gd season. It's just gonna hurt more if we begin the slide now. Still long way to go. And other teams will mess up.

Look at me. Trying to be all positive. It's unusual

Is it only me that would rather us get in to the EL anyways? I love seeing Spurs in Europe and we're a way off being competitive in the CL, so getting to use academy players early on and then properly going for the later stages seems more beneficial anyways. I guess there's the money aspect but failing miserably but getting paid loads to do it doesn't exactly seem like the glory we crave.

Still in a pretty good position in the table if 5th does get us in to the Champions (of financial spreadsheets) league though. We're nowhere near panic stations. The season as a whole has been neither brilliant nor diabolical, it's been "decent" as Ange put it himself.
Haven't allowed myself to think about it just yet as don't want to take anything for granted but this makes more sense. EL we would be one of the top teams in it with a genuine chance of winning, and some decent potential ties.

But you could have said this for quite a few years we were competing in that competition and we still seemed to show little interest in it. So who knows what the right answer is really, but fundamentally will be happy to see us back in any form of European competition....

What a bunch a whingers! '

We haven't been "figured out". As though there is a moment when teams unlock the secrets of the opposition :D

The main issue today was bad defending. It does not matter the system, or whether you have a plan E F G H I J or K, if you allow the opposition a free header on goal from a corner, and a free shot on goal on the break (when you have ample men back), you are not winning many games. Simple. Fuk all to do with Ange and his system nonsense.
It is. Ange’s system early on invited the press and we got real joy playing through teams. You could see us knocking it around the back until we got pressed.

Wolves today didn’t press us much, if at all, off our goal kicks. They’ve figured out that you just have to stay compact against us and we’ll cough up a chance or two at least as we throw bodies forward.

I actually misread what you originally said, sorry, but I don’t think teams play open against Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool or Arsenal, do they? It just looks that way because those teams have been coached very well for a long time.
Sorry I’m not articulating myself very well. I’m trying to say that most teams will play a particular way against us, like Wolves did today, because they know if they come out and play against us openly, we’ll cut them apart.

City, Woolwich and Liverpool are the only sides who won’t do that as they are probably good enough that they will come and just play their game against us. Which is party a result of having a head start on us and, in City’s case, being cheaters.

It is. Ange’s system early on invited the press and we got real joy playing through teams. You could see us knocking it around the back until we got pressed.

Wolves today didn’t press us much, if at all, off our goal kicks. They’ve figured out that you just have to stay compact against us and we’ll cough up a chance or two at least as we throw bodies forward.

Nah. They scored, sat deep and hit on the break. You should remember that from last season. Nothing new there. When you concede first and face a low block it is always going to be harder to score. Credit to us we got ourselves back in the game - were dominating - but then conceded yet another terrible goal allowing another free shot on our goal. That is the only issue here.

Nah. They scored, sat deep and hit on the break. You should remember that from last season. Nothing new there. When you concede first and face a low block it is always going to be harder to score. Credit to us we got ourselves back in the game - were dominating - but then conceded yet another terrible goal allowing another free shot on our goal. That is the only issue here.
So our absolutely limp dingdong attacking play around these three key moments didn't happen? Are we imagining that?

The nature of the game - they defend deep make it hard to score, and hit on the break. I don't personally agree they had the better chances, and only got their goal becuase we didn't track a runner who had a free shot. When we had men over!!!!

For their other goal we let one of the shortest players have a free header on goal!!!!

We created, even when faced with a low block, and should have converted more.
They had a number of one on ones that they wasted. We had one clear chance with Davies header. Even Werners chance wasn't clear with defenders in his face. Outside that we had a couple of long-range shots.

Yes, it was poor defending for both their goals. So our defending was crap and we created little going forward. That to me is a poor performance.

We were very lucky not to be behind before they did score. On at least 3 occasions, they completely overloaded us in the left back area. Vicario had made a couple of great saves before they scored and between the first and second goals. So it want like they scored with their only two chances.

The second goal, which was almost replicated not long after is exactly what teams rely on against us. We’ll be very open and if they get a break, they’ll have men over.

The trouble is after the way we started this season expectations were raised massively. Before a ball was kicked I was thinking 8th to 10th place in the league. Our pre season signings did not inspire me tbh. The fact is we are doing better than I expected. It wouldn`t be a disaster getting into the Europa league as winning it is a way into the Champions league where the big money is. Another thing is we have been lucky that Chelsea Man U and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been way under par this season otherwise I think my pre season prediction would have been a lot nearer.
If we get top 4 this year it will be remarkable, but seeing as we still have to play the top 4 it will be a tough ask. I actually think we will do better against the teams that come out and attack than the teams that play like Wolves today. Fair play to them they came with a game plan and executed it perfectly. They could easily had another couple of goals on the break.

Awful result. What makes it worse is that Liverpool, arsenal, villa, city (should win this evening) have all won. We have also put united back in contention.

Whats our excuse now? Injuries? Suspensions?

I will state now, we wont finish above United

Sh#t weekend incoming.

You can blame me, I wasn't there to bugger off in the 89th minute and miss an equaliser and maybe even a winner

We were very lucky not to be behind before they did score. On at least 3 occasions, they completely overloaded us in the left back area. Vicario had made a couple of great saves before they scored and between the first and second goals. So it want like they scored with their only two chances.

The second goal, which was almost replicated not long after is exactly what teams rely on against us. We’ll be very open and if they get a break, they’ll have men over.

First half we were poor, second half we played our game and were the better side imo. This is the way we play. High stakes, and provided we don't do things like give a free header from a corner and a free shot on the break when we have plenty of men back, we should prevail.

First half we were poor, second half we played our game and were the better side imo. This is the way we play. High stakes, and provided we don't do things like give a free header from a corner and a free shot on the break when we have plenty of men back, we should prevail.
Also need players who can pass better when coming into midfield

Ange played all his cards today and was outdone by a team packing the midfield and hitting us on the counter. Same as previous seasons

So our absolutely limp dingdong attacking play around these three key moments didn't happen? Are we imagining that?

Any side facing a low block is going to find it harder. We were not good enough first half. Second half I actually thought we made of fist of it. Moved the ball quicker created more chaos in their box. The problem was, we conceeded again once we'd got back on level terms.

How many times did we cut through them second half? How many chances did we create?

They also had more than one free shot on the break.

Those two things are the point IMO. They weren’t just strokes of luck, they were repeated patterns in the game.

It was replicated not long after - but crucially we defended it and blocked the shot! We had even less men back for the second break, but Bentancur showed up Bissouma's lack of awareness. Had Biss simply looked, been aware of the runner, the odds of them scoring the second goal are reduced massively. At that stage in the game we're dominating them, probing, and looking like we have a chance of scoring a winning goal.

It is what it is. But if any side gives uncontested shots away to the opposition in the box, they won't win many games. You have to have that foundation otherwise you're chasing the game.

Back