• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers ***

But not in the positions we will be playing them in tomorrow.

I'm sure they will be ok, but they lack pace and strength over Udogie and Porro.

Need the midfield to keep control of the game, get the ball moving forward quickly and see what the front 3 can do.
They do
But they defend better
It’s a balance and comprimise was always gonna be needed at some point
It’s a area we desperately need back ups for

We've had no real performances recently where we feel like we're going to punish someone. Earlier in the season, yes.

Games at the moment mostly feel in the balance with no easy ride to the final whistle.

Unless you're suggesting that as players have come back from injury, international duty and new recruits have got up to speed will lead to us punishing teams...then maybe. (Bloody hopefully!)

I don't see that versus Wolves though...no mugs and well coached (as you say)

Happy to be proved wrong, but this constant 'We are on the verge of giving someone a real spanking' talk that gets trotted out is real pie in the sky stuff at the best of times, let alone against a very good Wolves side. Sure at the beginning of the season we looked unplayable at times, and you can argue things digressed when half the team got injured and we are now almost at full strength again. But this was also when we was very much an unknown quantity in terms of how we would setup with a new manager and no Kane.

Teams are much more well prepared and setup to how we play, and whilst we maintain periods of good football we are not absolutely dominating the opposition - even the bottom half teams. And specific to Wolves they are a good team who are well coached (like you say) and will not be easy - any sort of win will be well fought, I don't know where you think 5-1 is coming from but each to their own I guess....

We haven’t played well enough recently, but we haven’t turned into a brick team. We’re getting people back up to speed and I fully expect us to start putting in performances we saw last year. Even performances in games we lost, like Chelsea, Villa and West Ham, where we were all over them for at least parts of the game and just couldn’t score. Find our scoring touch with performances like that, and we absolutely will batter a team.

I really don’t know why beating Wolves (or a team like them) comfortably at home is “pie in the sky”.

Last edited:
As good as Porro has been, I think we’ve been a better team with Royal on the pitch.
In which game? Fulham in the Cup or Brentford in the first game of the season? Because those are the 2 games he’s started at RB This season.

Or maybe you mean the games in which Royal came on at RB? So, Luton in October when he came on in the 76th min, Sheffield United (2-1) when came on in the 95th minute or Burnley (5-2) when he came on in 86th minute?

In which game? Fulham in the Cup or Brentford in the first game of the season? Because those are the 2 games he’s started at RB This season.

Or maybe you mean the games in which Royal came on at RB? So, Luton in October when he came on in the 76th min, Sheffield United (2-1) when came on in the 95th minute or Burnley (5-2) when he came on in 86th minute?

Dunno, just feels like earlier in the season we were good, lately we’ve been brick.

Can’t remember the last time we kept a clean sheet, but I bet Royal was playing.

Dunno, just feels like earlier in the season we were good, lately we’ve been brick.

Can’t remember the last time we kept a clean sheet, but I bet Royal was playing.

Last clean sheet was Burnley in the Cup, with Royal at CB. In the league it was Forest away (2-0) with Royal coming on at CB in the 88th minute.

Not arguing against Royal's qualities at all, I like him. But I don't think "we've been a better team with Royal on the pitch" when compared to Porro, because he's not played RB enough.

In open training, Royal, VDV, Romero & Davies were practising positional drills for almost 45 minutes
They are not going to do that and then all of a sudden change it around on match day
As it’s an open session they could have just been throwing a curve ball knowing the oppo would / could have had someone watching…

I don’t believe that’s the case though, Davies and Royal coming in makes perfect sense to me. Poor old Dragu will just have to bide his time.

In open training, Royal, VDV, Romero & Davies were practising positional drills for almost 45 minutes
They are not going to do that and then all of a sudden change it around on match day
They were teasing you
Were gonna go full Ange ball and play Brennan and Timo full backs

Huh, my bad.. Feels like we've scored a bunch from corners this season. Anyway, I said the exact same thing as you in the end, imagine how good it'll be when our attack is fluid and cohesive on a consistent basis.

A couple of weeks back i saw a chart saying we had the highest number of non penalty goals, dunno how that's changed since then but suggests we're doing ok

Surprised no one thinks we should start Dragusin at RB. Considering he can play RB, if he’s not getting a start when we have an injury in one of the positions he plays in then he must wonder why he came here.

We haven’t played well enough recently, but we haven’t turned into a brick team. We’re getting people back up to speed and I fully expect us to start putting in performances we saw last year. Even performances in games we lost, like Chelsea, Villa and West Ham, where we were all over them for at least parts of the game and just couldn’t score. Find our scoring touch with performances like that, and we absolutely will batter a team.

I really don’t know why beating Wolves (or a team like them) comfortably at home is “pie in the sky”.

This isn't close to what Ricky or Harr have said.

We don’t have many set piece goals
That’s arsenal and Liverpool I believe

And we’re averaging over 2 goals a goal and will end up with 80 plus
That’s elite
The key so we’re bot keeping clean sheets
Probably the best way to win a title.

As good as Porro has been, I think we’ve been a better team with Royal on the pitch.

We've won 3 games that he has started out of 9 this season, drawing 2 and losing 4 and conceding 16. Which is obviously considerably worse than our league form in total.

He only started as a RB in the 2-2 draw to Brentford on the opening day and LC defeat to Fulham.

Think Royale is the best back up we have in the squad for a position (not seen enough of Dragusin). Real shame both Porro and Udogie are out at the same time, hope we can progress the ball forwards in our usual manner without them. Maddison needs to step up creatively today.

Back