• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

I feel like I could burst from rage.
The wife came down at 0-0 and I gave a brief summary of the game and, with my big mouth, said they haven't had a shot on goal yet, I shall be so angry if they belt in a worldie now. And...
It helps to have someone alongside me to squeeze in frustration and sympathise with my utter helpless wrath.

we didn’t need to change it until
the goal, the game was being played in their box

In their box with how many shots on target? We needed more creativity and more people in the box. If we made a sub earlier then maybe we might not have conceded?

WTF, they wasted 2/3 of injury time, yet ref blows the whistle at the second? Makes a mockery of the rules.

Exactly, from the off the same dingdong was wasting time with the throw ins. We should have beat them easily, we are just so slow sometimes out from the back.

That should be enough now for Sissoko. i have said that he hasn't been too bad of late, but today it was like playing with ten men. Did he make one forward pass? I was watching closely and you could se that his team mates have zero confidence in his ability to trap a pass, so they by pass him. Tempo was too slow right from the beginning and once I saw that I knew we would struggle. Why did Poch wait so long to make the changes? It baffles me.

Bullsh*t result. But honestly, it's difficult to fault anyone for it - this is a pervasive problem for us, and no individuals can really blamed for it.

The worst, most awfully sh*t sides come to our gaff, and set up like the utterly cretinous, League Two tinpot wastes-of-space they are.And they challenge us to break them down.

And, more often than not, we fail to do so. So it's proven as a viable tactic, and more and more of them come to our home and try it. And we struggle to find answers.

It's valid, and it frustrates us. We were told that moving to Wembley would help, because wider pitch = more space to exploit. Well, it hasn't been the case so far. And we need to come up with answers, because the new Lane won't be any smaller, and the opponents won't change a single thing because it works for them.

Sigh. F*ck this brick. Son had a good goal, the lads worked hard, if utterly without the edge you need to turn that into goals. Poch set up....okay, I guess, even if the inclusion of Sissoko was puzzling given that we are playing a dogsh*t side that plays exactly like what they are - a nobody club with no ambitions whatsoever. We needed more attacking impetus, and Sissoko didn't give us that. And, as usual, his substitutions coming after we conceded, far, far too late was irksome to see yet again. His hatred of subs, as always, irks. That was a fault.

But, ultimately, we did what we could, and I don't think an individual can be blamed for this today. It's a pervasive problem, with no fix that we can see.

Plays dier and sissoko when you know they will sit back

Plays slow football when u know the other team sit back

This club never learns.

Why wait so long to make a sub ? Wasnt working. Should have changed it at HT

But you can play so fast against 11 behind the ball.

It very quickly gets congested and unless we're Guardiola-era Barca, not many teams can just play through that.

For all that money spent by West Ham they come to Wembley and have one fluke shot on target and go home happy. Wonder if anyone will call them out on putting 10men behind the ball. Moyes will be hailed a genius but surely they aspire to more than this...

everyone puts 10 men behind the ball against us, it’s nothing new, the only team who have put us under any kind of pressure at wembley are Madrid

No surprise there!
Two great goal
Getting brasses off with these lethargic performances.

Fair play to West Ham they looked very much improved.

Must win game and we go and do a Tottenham.

Well our mentality is still a million miles out..21 shots. Thank GHod for Son to make a proper hit for us.
Spammers were always going to turn up for this game...we should have been more urgent more stronger but lacked mentality and belief to win it....I.m disgusted really...
FFS put a banner in the dressing on how many trophies we have won.

Can we blame the ref for this result? So tinkled off.

Very frustrating game. We're the better team, we create more chances, should have had at least one penalty, we win that game most of the time.

But I still think we could do better. It's not like we were creating a lot of clear chances. So many of those chances were long shots and blocked shots.

Sissoko just baffles me. Why was he on the pitch from the start? Why did he stay on the pitch for over 70 minutes? I just don't get it. Utterly frustrating when we have good creative players on the bench.

I don't know, I don't think it's about us playing slow today, we created lots of chances, lots of good chances, and should've had at least two clear clear penalties, but get nothing. We were unlucky today, West Ham was lucky (one shot on target, ffs), and the ref did us no favours. Simple as that. I think the official shot stat ended up at 30-3.

How do you play fast against a side that has ten men never venturing further up the field than the edge of their area?

By playing one less defensive midfielder and moving the ball forward in a dynamic way, rather than endless backwards and sideways passing?

Back