• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United ****

Yeah the only cross from Werner was for the goal
Then everytime he got the ball he went backwards
Is he going back because no one is making the run, or is no one making the run because he goes back?
It's similar with kulu, all this about him hanging onto the ball too long, half the time there's no one to pass to, he doesn't release the ball until he has someone in a better position.

Is he going back because no one is making the run, or is no one making the run because he goes back?
It's similar with kulu, all this about him hanging onto the ball too long, half the time there's no one to pass to, he doesn't release the ball until he has someone in a better position.
He went backwards because he had his man in front of him a deep so he couldn’t run at him. He also IMO bottled anything remotely physical

Football doesn’t work like that now, players work on decision trees, everything is drilled and defined, the ball is moved on the assumption that movement is going to sync.

Football doesn’t work like that now, players work on decision trees, everything is drilled and defined, the ball is moved on the assumption that movement is going to sync.
We do look hesitant in the final third at times, too many options, not familiar enough with each other but, plays?

I think some people are over reacting, we dominated the game and it was just the final decision making that let us down. A few more shots rather than passing it round their box may have helped.

I agree

- West Ham defended for their lives, especially once they got over/adapted to our first 20 minutes
- There was no space for Werner/Johnson to run into
- As always they were very physical, was intense game (good to see us not get undone by that)

My only gripes about the game

- Ange should have pulled Maddison earlier, Lo Celso has been better the last few games

Positive

- Bentancur starting to look more like the player we know
- Johnson continues to have an impact (his post match interview about Ange is hilarious)

His hold play isn’t top drawer but it’s miles better than Sonnys. He doesn’t get bullied like him. And he also moves more across the box.
Son moves deeper to try to get the ball facing them
I also think Richis hold up play has improved since coming back from injury. He's not a battering ram, but in the big scheme of things his physicality is fine for a CF....

Reactions: jrh
I agree

- West Ham defended for their lives, especially once they got over/adapted to our first 20 minutes
- As always they were very physical, was intense game (good to see us not get undone by that)

- Ange should have pulled Maddison earlier, Lo Celso has been better the last few games

Positive

- Johnson continues to have an impact (his post match interview about Ange is hilarious)

Have you got a link to Johnsons post match interview? Is it the Spurs tv one or the broadcasters one?

I also think Richis hold up play has improved since coming back from injury. He's not a battering ram, but in the big scheme of things his physicality is fine for a CF....
I get the battering ram part but his touch is still iffy just like Son's in tight spaces. He may well have done better than Son but I don't think he would have done as well as many seem to think.

Nowhere near as bad as being made out in some quarters last night, its not an easy place to go, their record is fairly strong there and in large parts we controlled the game. The idea we struggle more than most from the low block, I am not so sure, yes it happens, everyone has the same issues, we still score on par with any team and we have 3/2 less wins that teams who we deem to not have those issues. I am sure we will improve on those sides when the squad develops too, just like those sides better than us.

IF we beat NF at the weekend it continues a fairly healthy run of points accumulation at the moment

About 45 seconds in, he starts talking about his positioning and Ange's expectation ("manager makes it very clear")

This is one of the things I find interesting philosophically about Ange's system. Many of the lazy pundits say we play with freedom and even some Tottenham fans seem to think it to, but it's the opposite. Ange has said it himself, it's all very drilled and when it's implemented properly it will look flowing and full of freedom but it's actually not. The players know where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to be doing at specific moments.

The funny thing is the man we all think of as someone who is restrictive in Jose Mourinho was the one who actually gives his attacking players total freedom, but that's why we looked so clueless attacking wise under him because the players didn't have a preset system to follow and it relies on the sheer qualities of the individuals themselves, hence Son and Kane doing so well under him and everyone else looking like a clown. It's why he's found it ever harder to find success as he's moved to down the ladder as the each subsequent teams has had a relatively poorer group of individuals each time.

I agree

Positive

I thought Bissouma had a really good game too

Nowhere near as bad as being made out in some quarters last night, its not an easy place to go, their record is fairly strong there and in large parts we controlled the game. The idea we struggle more than most from the low block, I am not so sure, yes it happens, everyone has the same issues, we still score on par with any team and we have 3/2 less wins that teams who we deem to not have those issues. I am sure we will improve on those sides when the squad develops too, just like those sides better than us.

IF we beat NF at the weekend it continues a fairly healthy run of points accumulation at the moment
Their record is excellent
1 defeat in 15
And we know the value they put on that game as a club

Back