• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And why change what's working? Ndombele and Sissoko totally controlled midfield. Winks and Ndombele has not been a good combination, and that's why Winks should not start.

I think you've quoted the wrong post, I haven't said anything about Winks. The only change I think that we should make is Foyth for Aurier.

And why change what's working? Ndombele and Sissoko totally controlled midfield. Winks and Ndombele has not been a good combination, and that's why Winks should not start.

Again a fair argument to make and I too would not pick Winks for this game but there is no need for treating the man with utter contempt and declaring ‘‘he should be absolutely nowhere near the team’’.

Pretty funny coming from the drama queen.

Having that avatar is unjustified but it doesnt bother me in the slightest and if it helps someone feel better about themselves then I am more than happy to keep it, yido style you could say.

Ultimately all I have done (in the distant past now) is called for people to be fined for poor performance as a way to motivate them to up their game.

Seems reasonable to me (and I’m sure to many others too) and I notice alot of managers are starting to do this more according to Jamie Ohara, who has said he also fines his players if they get beaten by their man at a defensive set piece.

I guess the football world is therefore full of supposed ‘drama queens’ and a good number of the rest cant wait to hand out labels. Sounds about right when you think about it!

Rose's biggest weakness (apart from a distinct lack of cognitive ability) is long balls over the top and into the corner.

This is the worst possible game for him to be involved in.

His positioning has been awful this season and his judgement is off too. I think that he has probably been at fault for more goals this season than any other player.

His positioning has been awful this season and his judgement is off too. I think that he has probably been at fault for more goals this season than any other player.

Possibly although we should dissect every goal conceded so far this season to truly know.

Ultimately the biggest cause of our issues this season imo, has been Poch’s relentless determination to constantly mess around with the formation.

We all now live in hope that the stellar performances against palace and red star have finally taught him something, but we may well have already paid a monumental price when you look how far we are from the top 4.

Yes there is a long long way to go but its a huge gap to make up nonetheless.

Yes, we also need to be leaving out from now on all those who won't be here next season as well. In my view, having 3-4 half-hearted players who are thinking about who they can speak to in Jan and not getting injured just doesnt work. I think you can cope with 1, but not carrying 3-4.

I'd be happy to offload (or loan out in case of Eriksen and others leaving in the summer) as many of Toby, Rose, Eriksen, Wanyama and maybe Aurier and then go with the squad below for the rest of the season. Aim is to have a cohesive, motivated group which we then build on in the summer

Lloris, Gazza, Vorm
Davies, Sessegnon, [Aurier], KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Vertonghen + ideally one signing
Dier, Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko, Skippy
Lo Celso, Dele, Moura, Son, Lamela and maybe Clarke
Kane, Parrott

One of the main issues for me is teams know that when they ping the ball in behind him, the coverage will shift to try and compensate and we simply don’t have enough pace at CB to deal with the ball back across. I think with Davo next to Verts it might be easier BUT still would rather Davies plays so long as he does not try to impersonate Rose. Biggest question is whether to push up on the FBs.

I would be tempted to stick with the same line up first half at least and go with momentum over complication. Essentially Liverpool are a simple team; their FBs are responsible for most of their chance creation and they rely on speed and strength. We will know within 10 mins if we have the stomach for it.

Possibly although we should dissect every goal conceded so far this season to truly know.

Ultimately the biggest cause of our issues this season imo, has been Poch’s relentless determination to constantly mess around with the formation.

We all now live in hope that the stellar performances against palace and red star have finally taught him something, but we may well have already paid a monumental price when you look how far we are from the top 4.

Yes there is a long long way to go but its a huge gap to make up nonetheless.

We are 5 points off. We have yet to play Chelski. We play Arse again. We play Leicester again. If we can get to Xmas within that same 5 points, I back us to go on a run. Those sides will pick each other off, but I think we can be fine.

Whisper it, get through the CL group and...

We are 5 points off. We have yet to play Chelski. We play Arse again. We play Leicester again. If we can get to Xmas within that same 5 points, I back us to go on a run. Those sides will pick each other off, but I think we can be fine.

Isnt it 8 points after leicester alarmingly won 0-9 and chelsea also alarmingly won yet again with ease away at burnley.

They both look like serious outfits showing great consistency, who are both in love with their managers and their surroundings.

We’ll see and thankfully there is a very long way to go but its hard to see 8 points as anything but massive, especially when it should be 0 points or possibly even less.

And after this weekend, we've played our most difficult PL away games.

Isnt it 8 points after leicester alarmingly won 0-9 and chelsea also alarmingly won yet again with ease away at burnley.

They both look like serious outfits showing great consistency, who are both in love with their managers and their surroundings.

We’ll see and thankfully there is a very long way to go but its hard to see 8 points as anything but massive, especially when it should be 0 points or possibly even less.

Chelsea before today hadn’t beaten anyone top half...
Not sure Leicester has other than beating us and that was did to a poor (IMO) VaR call that changed the game
Their beating sides they should beat IMO

Last edited:

I would suggest two of Rose's biggest issues at the moment are his poor crossing in the final third and his constant loss of concentration whilst defending. I have been one of his biggest defenders on this forum but this season he has been a disappointment. I think many fans have been deceived by his all action physical persona on the pitch which has covered over his poor end product both in attack and defense this season.

I would suggest two of Rose's biggest issues at the moment are his poor crossing in the final third and his constant loss of concentration whilst defending. I have been one of his biggest defenders on this forum but this season he has been a disappointment. I think many fans have been deceived by his all action physical persona on the pitch which has covered over his poor end product both in attack and defense this season.

I agree about his concentration, him losing a yard of pace really hasn't helped that.

I expect Poch to match the 352 that both Manchester United and Sheffield United caused them trouble with

The key is getting the front two wide in the spaces behind their full backs.
Also Liverpool have destrpyed teams playing 4 at the back against them repeatedly.
The three in midfield is needed to match their midfield 3

Gazzaniga
Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Aurier Sissoko Winks NDombele Rose
Son Kane

I would not be surprised if he doesnt trust NDombele and plays Dele Alli in midfield. Or if Dier comes in.

I do not see the point of playing 3 at the back against Liverpool because as a wing back Rose would give us nothing going forward on the flank. Liverpool have only destroyed teams playing 4 at the back because they were not defensively tight and they had no capable defensive midfielder protecting the defense. If we played 3 at the back we would end up playing with 5 defenders and being bullied in the middle of the park as they play 3 across the middle.

Back