• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whereas I don't think he'll become nearly as good a player as Milner was at his peak. I don't see a club like Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool ever being interested in Winks, if and when he leaves Spurs I think he will be stepping down the levels (I don't think Winks has yet reached as high a level for Spurs as Ryan Mason's did and his move from Spurs was to Hull)
Even at Ryan Mason level he'll have more talent (albeit less consistency) than journeymen like Milner

Seems about right from the game i saw, we limited then to half chances mostly but they had plenty of them and the few chances we created were good chances and the best of the game.

Team selection, compounded by sticking with it while the game visibly went away from us is what cost us IMO. Picking substantially the same side that won Tuesday would have been a statement, sent a message. Trying to keep players on-board who have already checked out is a waste of time and a waste of points. Trouble is, I think they will look at that result and think only losing 2-1 at Anfield is an acceptable outcome. The wrong attitude, as so often in the past. I thought Pochettino was the antithesis of that, but it would appear not so much these days. I still support him, but do I wonder how many more of these lessons he's going to ignore.

My biggest regret about the game was not losing it ( lets be honest i do not think many of us thought we would win) but walking into the ground and hearing that Poch had brought back Rose, Toby and Ericksen. After the Red Star game i was happy that he had at last decided to ditch players and then to hear he had brought them back was sad.

Locelso had two passes were he passed the ball 50 meters on the ground, bypassing two lines of defense. They were magnificent passes, and no one even mentioned it! He certainly knows how to pass that fella!

Yeah but he's all left foot ....Give him half a dozen games or more and he will get panned like Lamela for it..

Yeah but he's all left foot ....Give him half a dozen games or more and he will get panned like Lamela for it..

le Celso is very similar in his game to Lamela but plays deeper and isn’t a dribbler, hence why being one footed isn’t an issue. Same thing that didn’t hurt Dembele

Too late now, I guess, but I should have nominated Alderweireld for MotM. I honestly think he was superb - dealt with a lot of crosses and generally kept things right at the back. Sanchez also good but I think I noticed Alderweireld more often.

Pre kick-off I wanted a Dav /Jan pairing as I were not sure Toby was up to it but was happy he proved me wrong.....Both Toby and Dav, along with Gazza were by far our best players for me ...

Just pause for a moment and think about it .....Had we'd signed Milner, then Sissoko may never have happened. We may even had won a semi-final penalty shoot-out.
If we'd signed Milner we'd all have died of boredom long before we even got there.

I'd have probably died from an allergic reaction to mediocrity.

le Celso is very similar in his game to Lamela but plays deeper and isn’t a dribbler, hence why being one footed isn’t an issue. Same thing that didn’t hurt Dembele

A couple of misplaced passes or a wayward shot with the right, loses possession due to over reliance of his left peg. ...You could well be right, hope you're, I guess time will tell ...

If we'd signed Milner we'd all have died of boredom long before we even got there.

I'd have probably died from an allergic reaction to mediocrity.

But if we'd signed Milner we'd may not have had the need for Sissoko.

Go on chose one, bear in mind one can has a decent shot on him and a goal or two...

A couple of misplaced passes or a wayward shot with the right, loses possession due to over reliance of his left peg. ...You could well be right, hope you're, I guess time will tell ...
I’ve only seen Le Celso play 2 full games and the spurs highlights
He plays from deep so from what I saw isn’t hindered with left foot issue
The guy has a hell of a range on him and can shoot too
Him and NDombele will be a nice pair in front of a suitable deeper CM

But if we'd signed Milner we'd may not have had the need for Sissoko.

Go on chose one, bear in mind one can has a decent shot on him and a goal or two...
Miller easily. And I don't rate particularly Milner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Back