• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton***

The knee jerking in this thread at 1-0 is laughable and any suggestion that we only took charge of this game when they went down to ten man is a joke. Main reason I don't really come in here that much anymore!
We dominated this game from 15 minutes onward and they were reduced to 11 behind the ball which restricted our attacking options and meant we had to be patient and look carefully for space and opportunities to surprise them which eventually lead to 2 goals. Southampton are a good team who have hardly coceded at home yet we have made them look average and could have had 6 in the end. Amazing considering how poorly we played in the first half according to some of you. We have shown great character after a dodgy start and in the end it was a beating, this what teams like arse, chelski and city have been doing for a very long time so I do not understand the negativity and catastraophisingII

Very good post and i agree with all you have said , i usually go to most of the games but on the occasions i can not i never get involved in match threads for the very reasons you mention ( although to be fair this is one of the better forums for that).

I try to only come in the match threads at the end of the game, sometimes at half-time. I can get a bit too emotional during the game and I don't speak much sense at the best of times.

Got to say though, as annoying as it was to concede early, we looked much the better team way before the red card imo. I was confident that if we got back to 1-1, we'd go on to win it.

I always look at he BBC commentary even when I'm at the game (if I can get a signal)

Bradley Allen hates us and is nEver positive

Whoever did this game (think it was Claridge) said that allis header was a lucky effort.... he beat a man by a whole foot to win it and he didn't give him any credit for it

Always amazes me how we see games in different ways

The knee jerking in this thread at 1-0 is laughable and any suggestion that we only took charge of this game when they went down to ten man is a joke. Main reason I don't really come in here that much anymore!
We dominated this game from 15 minutes onward and they were reduced to 11 behind the ball which restricted our attacking options and meant we had to be patient and look carefully for space and opportunities to surprise them which eventually lead to 2 goals. Southampton are a good team who have hardly coceded at home yet we have made them look average and could have had 6 in the end. Amazing considering how poorly we played in the first half according to some of you. We have shown great character after a dodgy start and in the end it was a beating, this what teams like arse, chelski and city have been doing for a very long time so I do not understand the negativity and catastraophisingII
I don't agree. In the first half we were poor. CL-esque poor, with little movement and slow passing. Yes we kind of controlled the game, but we didn't play well and created very little. Once we were in the lead the game changed to our advantage, and we punished them when they had to go all out attack with 10 men. Good win, but the first half was well below par.

I always look at he BBC commentary even when I'm at the game (if I can get a signal)

Bradley Allen hates us and is nEver positive

Whoever did this game (think it was Claridge) said that allis header was a lucky effort.... he beat a man by a whole foot to win it and he didn't give him any credit for it

Always amazes me how we see games in different ways

Claridge is one of those that only talks about getting the ball out wide, putting in crosses and having men in the box.

The red was for intentionally acting to deny a clear goal-scoring opportunity. It doesn't matter if it's inside or outside of the box.

The penalty kick was a separate call from the red card, because contact continued inside the box.

Two separate incidents.

Very accurate description. One question, did the foul really continue into the box? If you mean contact continued into the box, as in they were touching, then yes there was contact, but the foul continuing into the box is less clear. If he fell into Alli, maybe that was a foul, but overall, I'd say no foul in the box. Its academic, we were already 1-2 up and the pen was missed.

Very accurate description. One question, did the foul really continue into the box? If you mean contact continued into the box, as in they were touching, then yes there was contact, but the foul continuing into the box is less clear. If he fell into Alli, maybe that was a foul, but overall, I'd say no foul in the box. Its academic, we were already 1-2 up and the pen was missed.

Debatable and therefore down to the refs opinion

Doesn't really matter.

If the foul started outside the box (and it did) then it should have been a free kick.

Red card would and should still stand though.

Soton fans still pizzed off....

From SaintsWeb:
d27f95cf7cf132aa5f766491d4124a56.jpg

I must say the Mike Dean pic with Dembele (who shook his had when he was being substituted, i think to try and waste time) has been classically used to make a point re Mike Dean "being Pro-Spurs":p

If i can dig them up i'll post them; hilarious!

I must say the Mike Dean pic with Dembele (who shook his had when he was being substituted, i think to try and waste time) has been classically used to make a point re Mike Dean "being Pro-Spurs":p

If i can dig them up i'll post them; hilarious!

I really don't get it. Players shaking hands with the ref when being subbed off happens with some frequency. Maybe not all the time but it does happen.
But I suppose we are all guilty of conspiracy theories from time to time.
The fun thing is it just gives SCBC another thing to hold against us. :)

I really don't get it. Players shaking hands with the ref when being subbed off happens with some frequency. Maybe not all the time but it does happen.
But I suppose we are all guilty of conspiracy theories from time to time.
The fun thing is it just gives SCBC another thing to hold against us. :)

tickle my balls with a feather, ALL fans from ALL clubs bemoan their losses and blame it on Refs, Linesmen, the setting sun etc, etc.

Doesn't really matter.

If the foul started outside the box (and it did) then it should have been a free kick.

Red card would and should still stand though.
If the foul continues into the box or a new foul occurs in the box the ref can give a pen.

The pullback was a red card and so was falling into and tripping DelBoy in the box. Two fouls, one after advantage was played

If the foul continues into the box or a new foul occurs in the box the ref can give a pen.

The pullback was a red card and so was falling into and tripping DelBoy in the box. Two fouls, one after advantage was played
I didn't know that. I always thought the first had to be given.

Great result. I'm away for a few days so haven't managed to watch it yet but it sounds from this thread as if we had a bit of a shaky start. But four goals away from home, plus a missed penalty, is far from shabby. It will do wonders for everyone's confidence.
My only gripe is a wholly selfish one. Before each game I have a few random £1 bets. Nothing major. But one I do regularly, to no avail, is that we will win 4-1. Due to being on the move this week I forgot all about it. :mad:

I have a kooky mate who bets on the dates as football scores, so would only bet on 1-4 on the 14th. He has had some wacky wins, including I think 1-5 to us against Bournemouth last year on the 15th!!!

He doesn't bet on half scores though otherwise would have won on us winning 1-4 on the 28th!!!!

I don't agree. In the first half we were poor. CL-esque poor, with little movement and slow passing. Yes we kind of controlled the game, but we didn't play well and created very little. Once we were in the lead the game changed to our advantage, and we punished them when they had to go all out attack with 10 men. Good win, but the first half was well below par.

I agree. We were poor until we scored and at that point it was difficult to see a goal coming. After we scored there is no doubt we were the better team thereafter.

Back