• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
COME ON YOU SPURS!
Show us that you really want to win! Get at them from the start, and don't put the breaks on!

I’m with you on Lamela getting the nod.

However, he’s probably had a conversation with Eriksen who’s assured him of maximum effort today - probably coupled with a good few days in training.

How many times do you think that's happened already this season with Eriksen turning in a turf of a performance?

Obviously now that I've singled him out he'll play a blinder. I could live with that :D

Said to a friend on the way today I think he wants Son up there to press. Kane doesn’t seem to be as hot on that as Son. He could still play 4231. Son as the 1 and Kane behind. With 3 CMs at home you should be watertight. Let’s see.

Yep

Question is why, can't Kane run anymore?

I think he still wants Kane up top with Son, but Kane dropping deeper and deeper is not part of the plan, Son is taking his space and he is looking for the ball, the formation is so brick in every aspect.

Son’s best form has always been without Kane in the team, he was moved up top as cover, Poch’s master plan imo is to get both on fire through the middle, but it’s destroying the rest of the team that they are never going too.

Southampton usually play very narrow, so we need to exploit the wide areas. Aurier and Rose need to bomb forward and create width. Hopefully Aurier can deliver like he did vs Palace, and also Leicester.

I'm more interested in the performance (with a good result). To persist with this formation the performances have to start justifying it.

Exactly - we have a team and system that results in us dominating games, creating countless chances, conceding hardly any chances and rarely giving the ball away.

That used to translate to going around 14-18 PL games unbeaten and winning most of them.

Lets see this diamond system go do that then.

Exactly - we have a team and system that results in us dominating games, creating countless chances, conceding hardly any chances and rarely giving the ball away.

That used to translate to going around 14-18 PL games unbeaten and winning most of them.

Lets see this diamond system go do that then.

It never will, best we can hope for is 5 games unbeaten runs, it’s why we hardly drew last season imo.

So, jumping in with the elbow first, not spotted by ref. No var? Not that it was intentional, but you can't jump in like that! It's dangerous play.

Back