• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure what more could have been done, to be honest. Poch changed it up multiple times, picked the players everyone wanted picked, and we still looked utterly crap and probably should have heavily lost to a side with more energy, commitment and bravery than we have shown in three-odd years.

To those thinking Poch makes the wrong choices, he didn't, and he wasn't out-thought by Wilder. But he was outfought by him, just like Wilder's team outfought our sorry bunch.

Very fair. There are a few out there who need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Poch made a mistake subbing Dele. Reminded me of when he got subbed against Wolves at home last Xmas, 1-0 up, seeing it through. He does a lot of important work off the ball. I can only think that his fitness levels must've left him right on the brink and that the manager made a call based on physio stats.
I’ve just read Poch’s comments. Something about being frustrated that we weren’t able to make it 2-0 when we were having our best spell.

Wish I was the interviewer. Would have challenged him immediately on the sub.

what is “our situation” exactly? What are we contending with that is so unique?

I am genuinely not copping out mate, but I have offered my opinion on your question a ton of times in recent weeks, and at the risk of winding everyone up will kindly refrain from doing so again. Don't like dragging people to other places for answers, but if you're genuinely interested, I started a thread called Crossroads a little while back where I waffle on a bunch.

Agreed.

I feel you will agree with what I am about to say, regardless, know this is a general response to the Ndombele issue...what did people expect? The keyboard koaches rattling on and on about starting him today as well as Lo Celso will now know why he has not been a regular yet. He has a lot to learn about the Premiership, this is a more difficult league than the CL and is not yet 400% match fit. Ditto Lo Celso (who was slow to close down a very important passage of play during their equalizer - he was tiring) so starting two together in a game like this was always going to be risky.

Poch has a lot of issues to juggle right now. I think we still need to take a long-term POV. the last 10-15 minuets was what the match should've been. We tried to play football in the crunch and with better quality in key areas then it will be different. Personally, as said earlier, I think Poch made a mistake subbing off Dele, there again perhaps (as I also said) his fitness levels were on the edge and Poch was protecting him (especially with Ndombele doing his groin or whatever). Winks had a good half IMO. Sissoko was pretty poor again.

I agree. Kane tired heavily too.

I’ve just read Pochs comments. Singling our Ndombele? After all the brick some players have pulled? Lloris drink driving, Alli mia for two years etc etc. Loads of players have put in woeful performances constantly.

And he chooses Ndombele for criticism. Is he fudging mad? I honestly think he has a screw loose. fudging auras.

I agree. Kane tired heavily too.

I know it is unpopular but I think Kane’s been brick since he came back in Final . Or am I wide of the mark happy to stand corrected but his game is a far cry from the Kane we love

I’ve just read Poch’s comments. Something about being frustrated that we weren’t able to make it 2-0 when we were having our best spell.

Wish I was the interviewer. Would have challenged him immediately on the sub.
What best spell? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

We scored very much against the run of play, there was no way to capitalise as there was no fluency or premeditation to our goal. They made a mistake and the ball fell to Son in the box.

I know a manager is going to look for the positives but sometimes you have to be honest so that you can actually address what the underlying issues actually are.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I’ve just read Pochs comments. Singling our Ndombele? After all the brick some players have pulled? Lloris drink driving, Alli mia for two years etc etc. Loads of players have put in woeful performances constantly.

And he chooses Ndombele for criticism. Is he fudging mad? I honestly think he has a screw loose. fudging auras.

There was definitely something in his comments, but I thought it was angled towards an injury that Ndom played through the first half with.

I know it is unpopular but I think Kane’s been brick since he came back in Final . Or am I wide of the mark happy to stand corrected but his game is a far cry from the Kane we love

I think that he's had some good games this season but his game is changing. The injuries have taken their toll and he's not able to press hard for 90 minutes any more. Which is why we are seeing him spend more time in a #10 position for both us and England. He's really good in that role but it does change how we play.

No. You’re correct. Kane used to be an absolutely world class striker. Now he is some sort of ok deep lying second forward who seems hell bent on playing flashy passes occasionally.

He isn’t that good anymore and looks on the verge of being ready for the glue factory physically.

What best spell? [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

We scored very much against the run of play, there was no way to capitalise as there was no fluency or premeditation to our goal. They made a mistake and the ball fell to Son in the box.

I know a manager is going to look for the positives but sometimes you have to be honest so that you can actually address what the underlying issues actually are.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
I actually thought the goal came in pretty much our main decent spell. Son got in again just after the goal and we’d started to turn them round. Then he took Dele off. That’s what I was angling at with my post. He said he thinks it was frustrating we didn’t go 2-0 up but he took Dele off for Foyth!

I think that he's had some good games this season but his game is changing. The injuries have taken their toll and he's not able to press hard for 90 minutes any more. Which is why we are seeing him spend more time in a #10 position for both us and England. He's really good in that role but it does change how we play.

And there lies an issue we were at our best when he was in the box being a Pest. Son does not really do that. we need another proper out and out striker. So many times we get possession in final third and there’s nobody occupying the box or giving CBs something to think about. He used to scare the life out of defenders.

Also add to that he sort of occupy’s the space that Dele used to look his best in behind

Back