• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Racist Rent Boys***

Dembele was poor today but good against the goons. There are a few like him who are blowing hot and cold, but there are some who have been blowing cold for too long. Alli I'm afraid is one, Eriksen another (goal today not withstanding) and Dier. We should give a few fringe players a chance to show what they can do from the start.
Dembele was great first half. Not so much second.

Again drop those players for who? Honestly if we field our first XI we will beat most other teams. We have had a tough schedule. Those players have been exceptional for us. They deserve our backing through tougher times.

Again drop those players for who? Honestly if we field our first XI we will beat most other teams. We have had a tough schedule. Those players have been exceptional for us. They deserve our backing through tougher times.
Dembele was very good first half, I do agree. But it is more the general point that the other players I mentioned are getting by on past performances. IMO they've used up their banked credit for now and should be benched. There has to be a line where a fringe player gets the nod over an established player if the incumbent is performing consistently badly for a period. If this is not a tenet of Poch's philosophy well then maybe he is not the coach I thought him to be.

And yes, I know we are hampered big time by injuries but some of these players are stinking up the place on a regular basis and even the kids might do better. Or to put it more succinctly, sh.it or get off the pot.

I think Poch is backing them, he is selecting them. There does come a point though, where they must repay his faith with some consistently good performances. We need to be winning the next 3 home games imo. Toby back and it all looks much rosier, maybe even sneak a win away to Utd.

The end of an unbeaten run last season spurred a run of wins, hopefully we get the same again.

Dembele was very good first half, I do agree. But it is more the general point that the other players I mentioned are getting by on past performances. IMO they've used up their banked credit for now and should be benched. There has to be a line where a fringe player gets the nod over an established player if the incumbent is performing consistently badly for a period. If this is not a tenet of Poch's philosophy well then maybe he is not the coach I thought him to be.

And yes, I know we are hampered big time by injuries but some of these players are stinking up the place on a regular basis and even the kids might do better. Or to put it more succinctly, sh.it or get off the pot.
The problem as I see it with benching certain players - the ones most oft mentioned being Eriksen, Dembele, Dele & at times Dier - is who we have to raplce them. Our fringe players are either super young or Sissoko. I would wager that if he had the squad depth of Manure, L'Arse and even the Dippers he might make those changes. Also (and additionally) Poch holds training as the Sacred Site to team selection rather than match day performance (as far as I know).

The problem as I see it with benching certain players - the ones most oft mentioned being Eriksen, Dembele, Dele & at times Dier - is who we have to raplce them. Our fringe players are either super young or Sissoko. I would wager that if he had the squad depth of Manure, L'Arse and even the Dippers he might make those changes. Also (and additionally) Poch holds training as the Sacred Site to team selection rather than match day performance (as far as I know).
Yep I hear you, it is a problem, but IMO the bigger problem is playing players who are clearly out of form and have been for a long time. Yes, let's replace them with a kid (or even Sissoko :confused:) and you never know. They might actually play well and make a difference.

(Edit I'd keep with Dembele for a bit. Mixed bag from him of late but thats better than an empty bag)

Taking the free kick quickly before half time was a very poor choice, should've taken time over it or at least made sure they kept possession. Not surprised if they went in at HT beating themselves up about that as they'd played so well. It was a good goal, not that easy to finish, but we handed them the chance instead of keeping our composure.

Walker was superb in the first half with joyful skill getting past people. Eriksen was far more involved, accurate and creative, though still the usual bottled challenges. Nkoudou eventually gave us a demo of his ability running at and getting past people. Son was less wayward passing and caused trouble. Alli's spark is very dim right now. in the 2nd half Dembele looked as frustrated with his current form as we are, snatching at everything and lunging clumsily when it didn't go his way, but good moments 1st half. I still felt we could've nicked a draw at the end. The move with Eriksen and Kane looked like it was going to be the one.

I enjoyed being there. Hope we don't get smoke machines, laser shows and big loud heartbeats at the new Lane, and away fans singing 'what the f'ing hell was that?' before the game has started. First time I've been to Stanford Bridge and it was a lot better experience than I'd expected. Weird maze-like concrete tunnels to get into the concourses, but decent view (if a very shallow rake) and much less hostile than I expected give what the last visit ended up like. Their fans were pretty quiet most of the match.

I am glad I avoided coming here until now...have only read the last two pages and honestly, I cannot believe some of the piffle I am reading!!! 'No fight'??? Sorry Dubai, I give you much latitude but not on that one. The game changed on two moments, one where we should've played the half out (and got done by a brilliant turn/shot) and the other where Eriksen made a mistake in not attacking the 7-8 yards of open space immediately ahead, and having got closed down, passed to an unprepared Dembele who then coughed it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

For the first half, I agree. We outplayed them, outfought them, outpressed them - it was exactly what I wanted to see.

Second half, right from the get go, they did the same to us. It was black and white in terms of the difference - I was honestly gobsmacked. Chelsea deserved the point at least, probably all three if we're accounting for the fact that they equalised while we were on top (which shouldn't have happened) and then used their own period of dominance to take the lead, a lead we couldn't pull back.

I don't like seeing us being outfought. Least of all by the team that, by rights, we should be utterly smashing, breaking bones and looking fierce about it after what they did last season. We went down like limp rags in the second half, and Poch stood there and watched it happen. That's not on, Poch.

We go back to the absolute basics now - play like we did in the first half, and have Toby back to give Wimmer/Dier/Verts a *brain* to help out with their otherwise shaky as hell defending. That will solve a lot of our issues.

But it won't hide the fact that this major test (of two games in quick succession against Monaco and Chelsea) is one Poch failed. In the future, I expect much, much better from him. And, to be honest, I expected better from him than to claim that we were the better side, because we really weren't. To his credit, he said straight up that he'd take the criticism he is going to receive for his rotation against Monaco, because it didn't work and that's how football operates. Good on him for recognisin that. But if he really believes that we were the better side, he's refusing to see what happened in that second half.

Not sure if you saw what Conte did? He pushed Pedro up behind Costa second-half and went with only Kante sitting in the knowledge that we are not that fast right now. Problem with that was when combined with them pushing 10 yards higher up saw more traffic inside and Wimmer finding himself going inside to try and double-up defend in there. It was clever, especially as he knew Dembele couldn't risk much due to the yellow card, thus he put the squeeze on.
Omwards!

Our 12-match unbeaten league run was one of the few positive things of this season. And now we have lost it ! Find it hard to accept losing it to Chelsea who destroyed our league title chance last season. Thought the team would do well to get at least a draw against them as a revenge for last season. It is clear we are a team of one half as we played really well in the first half but played poorly in the second half. We outplayed Chelsea so convincingly in the first half that we looked like can win the match after leading 1-0. But once they scored late in the first half, we never recovered.

We really should have made the most of our dominance in the first half instead of scoring only one goal. Credit to Eriksen for scoring his first league goal of the season. It was a brilliant long range shot that beat the goalie easily. Thought that goal will lift him but instead he went missing after that. Thought Kane will continue his goal scoring run against London teams but he didn't make much impact in the game. Maybe we should have bring on Janssen much earlier to assist Kane.

Our midfield were brilliant and outplayed Chelsea completely in the first half. But we got outplayed in the second half instead. Wanyama and Dembele were so dominating in the first half but made too many errors in the second half. Dembele was partly at fault for their second goal as he should have stopped the cross. Alli assisted the goal for Eriksen but he was ineffective for majority of the match, just like Son. Nkodu did well when he came on but should have done better with his chance late in the match.

This match shows how badly we miss Alderweireld in defence. Dier is such a liability in defence as he makes too many mistaes and slow to react. Dier was ball-watching instead of trying to block the shot for their first goal. It was a comedy of errors for their second goal as our defence went missing while they had all the time in the world to shoot into an open goal. Alderweireld would have been more alert in both situations.

It is disappointing to lose our unbeaten league record. We have now only won 1 out of our last 10 matches. We badly need to get back our winning form if we want to do well in the league this season.

Taking the free kick quickly before half time was a very poor choice, should've taken time over it or at least made sure they kept possession. Not surprised if they went in at HT beating themselves up about that as they'd played so well. It was a good goal, not that easy to finish, but we handed them the chance instead of keeping our composure.

Walker was superb in the first half with joyful skill getting past people. Eriksen was far more involved, accurate and creative, though still the usual bottled challenges. Nkoudou eventually gave us a demo of his ability running at and getting past people. Son was less wayward passing and caused trouble. Alli's spark is very dim right now. in the 2nd half Dembele looked as frustrated with his current form as we are, snatching at everything and lunging clumsily when it didn't go his way, but good moments 1st half. I still felt we could've nicked a draw at the end. The move with Eriksen and Kane looked like it was going to be the one.

I enjoyed being there. Hope we don't get smoke machines, laser shows and big loud heartbeats at the new Lane, and away fans singing 'what the f'ing hell was that?' before the game has started. First time I've been to Stanford Bridge and it was a lot better experience than I'd expected. Weird maze-like concrete tunnels to get into the concourses, but decent view (if a very shallow rake) and much less hostile than I expected give what the last visit ended up like. Their fans were pretty quiet most of the match.

You weren't sat behind me were you in row 16 upper tier because that's pretty much everything I said at the game

Not sure if you saw what Conte did? He pushed Pedro up behind Costa second-half and went with only Kante sitting in the knowledge that we are not that fast right now. Problem with that was when combined with them pushing 10 yards higher up saw more traffic inside and Wimmer finding himself going inside to try and double-up defend in there. It was clever, especially as he knew Dembele couldn't risk much due to the yellow card, thus he put the squeeze on.
Omwards!

Didn't look like that the game to me

Pedro was trying to get forward in the first half but everytime they had the ball we won it back so he never got a chance until the 44th minute

Second half they pushed Kante slightly forward to pressurise Demebele and Kante actually got away with a lot yesterday (how was the shirt pull not A booking for a start) and they gained 5 yards. It helped their toss backs get into the game for 10 minutes and they got their goal. They then sat back and waited

At 1-0 up and coasting dele and the moose tried to take the tinkle instead of trying to kill the game. Once they equalised they two panicked, moose wouldn't release the ball and dele disappeared.
Dele needs to get back to what he's good at and cut the stupid stuff, the moose maybe needs a bit more time to get back to full sharpness.

At 1-0 up and coasting dele and the moose tried to take the tinkle instead of trying to kill the game. Once they equalised they two panicked, moose wouldn't release the ball and dele disappeared.
Dele needs to get back to what he's good at and cut the stupid stuff, the moose maybe needs a bit more time to get back to full sharpness.

"Taking the p*ss" is part of the package.

As you said it needs to be curtailed.

Why???

He is a limited player playing well

They have better players IMO who have had a bigger impact for them this season in their improvements. Basically Costa and Hazrad are turning up this year and making a big improvement

I guess I had every right to be concerned, winning goal and voted man of the match

Back