• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Notts Forest ****

Jesus, we're going to get attackers running with their arms behind their backs, just like the defenders do now when they block in the area. What a joke.

And jumping for headers with their arms to their sides...

I'm kind of disappointed no player has been committed enough to have their arms surgically removed to avoid giving penalties away, I mean do you want to have a successful career or not?

I don't understand the point of view at all. He's two points clear of the relegation zone (about where any promoted side would normally sit), when they have bought extensively and with decent players coming in. He has Navas in goal ffs! add in the stupidity of bringing on/risking a striker coming off injury at 3-0 down, away against a top side only to see him limp off 10 minutes later.

If buying 20+ players and outspending everyone in the bottom half of table to scrape survival is a good manager worthy of a top level job, I'm confused.

My opinion, purely his side doing PR, no way we even thought about him at the bottom of barrel
It’s no surprise to see a manager having to try to incorporate 20 new players in the squad have a bad first half of the season.

Yeah I'd said the same on here before he got injured, I think Bentancur will fare even better with a predictable partner (and he has already been a different class since he came here)
There is so much with Hojbjerg’s game that you don’t see on the TV. Against Forest for example there was an occasion where Dier went forward with the ball and lost it, Forest had pulled their 3 attackers central to create an overload but Hojbjerg had spotted this and calmly slotted in for Dier so there was no transition chance for Forest as there would’ve been otherwise. There are always lots of other occasions when he blocks the passing lanes as well. He is an intelligent footballer who positions himself well on the pitch. I like Skipp but he still has a decent way to travel to get up to Hojbjerg’s level IMO.

There is so much with Hojbjerg’s game that you don’t see on the TV. Against Forest for example there was an occasion where Dier went forward with the ball and lost it, Forest had pulled their 3 attackers central to create an overload but Hojbjerg had spotted this and calmly slotted in for Dier so there was no transition chance for Forest as there would’ve been otherwise. There are always lots of other occasions when he blocks the passing lanes as well. He is an intelligent footballer who positions himself well on the pitch. I like Skipp but he still has a decent way to travel to get up to Hojbjerg’s level IMO.
I'm a season ticket holder, like I said whatever passing lanes you think he's blocking there were two occasions when he said in completely missed the ball and took himself out of the game.

I remember the Dier incident more for how furious I was with him for continuing on with the ball after initially breaking well.

Hojbjerg is an international with a decent pedigree, Skipp does have a long way to go to match that and we've all seen plenty of players who have shown even more promise and ability not achieve anything like Hojbjerg has in the game.

I'd prefer to think it's a personal preference rather than a misunderstanding of how the game is played. My frustration with Hojbjerg isn't that I think he's awful, it's that I think he tries to do too much rather than just his own job (or my perception of what his job is)
I'm sure it'll be him and Skipp for the rest of the season so I'm hoping Skipp will really kick on and give the new manager a tough decision when Bentancur returns.

I actually expected Bissouma to displace Hojberg based on his Brighton form but he really hasn't clicked here at all.

My frustration with Hojbjerg isn't that I think he's awful, it's that I think he tries to do too much rather than just his own job (or my perception of what his job is)

People know my feelings and I often pump it harder for the craic on OMTs but this is my frustration. I have mentioned it before, my main issue with him was he would often run around manically and get caught on his heels and bypassed by some pretty easy triangle passing or someone who was abit more fleet of foot....he would charge about and be often found yards behind the oppo lines, his worse ever was Everton away in the FA Cup when they did us 6-5 or whatever it was, if anyone wants an example but he did the same again this year against Leicester, badly and was left dawdling back after a swift passage made him redundant in the middle. Sometimes its best to protect the space and fill in with a body rather than commit, that decision making he often gets wrong, compounds the number issue in midfield at times also. Also I was fed up with seeing cross field balls go into the first 3 rows of the sidelines....

Skipps a better quality of player who will surpass him IMO, PEH decent for the bench in future though if that goes the way I think it will

I have no issue with Hojbjerg, he is a good player, I just think Skipp is a better fit for us.

He can play better under a press and meaning we can get the ball forward quicker.

This could all change next season depending on who we have as manager

I have no issue with Hojbjerg, he is a good player, I just think Skipp is a better fit for us.

He can play better under a press and meaning we can get the ball forward quicker.

This could all change next season depending on who we have as manager

I like Hojbjerg and think a few fans underate him, but as you say Skipp has shown that as long as he keeps fit and progressing his game he will be a special player.

I like Hojbjerg and think a few fans underate him, but as you say Skipp has shown that as long as he keeps fit and progressing his game he will be a special player.

I think Skipp, PEH and Bissouma are very good players, each with slightly different upsides
I think Bentancur is a level above all three of them

I think with a new manager, moving to a midfield three and adding a quality creative player to midfield and you would be in a very good places for years to come

I think Skipp, PEH and Bissouma are very good players, each with slightly different upsides
I think Bentancur is a level above all three of them

I think with a new manager, moving to a midfield three and adding a quality creative player to midfield and you would be in a very good places for years to come

Fair points and i do not really disagree, to be honest i have never been impressed when i have seen Bissouma play before we signed him and i accept he has suffered from injury since he has been here. I guess only time will tell. And i do agree that Bentancur is special.

Back