• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest FC ***

I’m sure he will be, I just don’t want him leaving easy goals on the table.

We don’t need every attacker in the 6 yard box. If Son wasn’t scoring then I’d agree with you but he is, he will continue to score from the edge of the area, one on ones and all other types of goals he generally scores. I don’t get why you’re ok with Richy and Werner missing chances but Son doesn’t do everything perfectly and you think he’s not suited to the team? It’s like you deliberately favour the least effective players in the team and overlook the most effective players.

We don’t need every attacker in the 6 yard box. If Son wasn’t scoring then I’d agree with you but he is, he will continue to score from the edge of the area, one on ones and all other types of goals he generally scores. I don’t get why you’re ok with Richy and Werner missing chances but doesn’t do everything perfectly and you think he’s not suited to the team? It’s like you deliberately favour the least effective players in the team and overlook the most effective players.

We need two attackers in the 6 yard box when crosses come in.

We need two attackers in the 6 yard box when crosses come in.

Maybe Ange is telling him he doesn’t have to attack the 6 yard box and overall he’s happy with his contribution to the team? I know you don’t rate goals but you don’t win games if you don’t have someone to stick the ball in the goal and you can’t really on every single goal we score being a tap in. Sometimes we struggle to break teams down and we need a bit of magic or something different which Son provides us. Why is it ok for Werner and the other forwards to miss chances and not be up to the required standard but Son doesn’t do one thing you like and he’s not suited to the team?

Maybe Ange is telling him he doesn’t have to attack the 6 yard box and overall he’s happy with his contribution to the team? I know you don’t rate goals but you don’t win games if you don’t have someone to stick the ball in the goal and you can’t really on every single goal we score being a tap in. Sometimes we struggle to break teams down and we need a bit of magic or something different which Son provides us. Why is it ok for Werner and the other forwards to miss chances and not be up to the required standard but Son doesn’t do one thing you like and he’s not suited to the team?

It's very possible he is telling him that. If that were the case though, it's unlikely he'd also be telling the wingers to bang hard and low crosses across the area too.

I agree on the magic against stubborn defences, but in recent games, we've not had a problem creating dangerous chances, there just hasn't been anyone there to convert them.

I'm not saying leave Son out, I'm saying match the players to the system, the way we have played recently requires a physical and aggressive number 9.

He’s fine as a backup but plenty on here are absolutely made up with him as a starter which I don’t understand but I guess we’ll see how we fare if we do end up buying him.
(Yeah, I was making a joke about his finishing......)
(I definitely want him in. And don't believe there is such a thing as a "starter" next season - especially in the front line)

(Yeah, I was making a joke about his finishing......)
(I definitely want him in. And don't believe there is such a thing as a "starter" next season - especially in the front line)

I think that’s the issue, none of them are clear first choice except Son. Johnson has been showing signs he could become that if he continues this run of form. The rest of our forwards are just “options”.

It's very possible he is telling him that. If that were the case though, it's unlikely he'd also be telling the wingers to bang hard and low crosses across the area too.

I agree on the magic against stubborn defences, but in recent games, we've not had a problem creating dangerous chances, there just hasn't been anyone there to convert them.

I'm not saying leave Son out, I'm saying match the players to the system, the way we have played recently requires a physical and aggressive number 9.

If we had a team of good finishers that might make sense but we don’t have that luxury and we’d be sacrificing Son’s finishing and creativity by leaving him out. It comes across like we’re so used to not winning things that we’re happy to settle for players who won’t take us to the next level and weirdly leave out the few players who aren’t the problem

If we had a team of good finishers that might make sense but we don’t have that luxury and we’d be sacrificing Son’s finishing and creativity by leaving him out. It comes across like we’re so used to not winning things that we’re happy to settle for players who won’t take us to the next level and weirdly leave out the few players who aren’t the problem

players not dong their job are a problem no matter how talented they are

it doesn't matter how good a finisher you are if you are not attacking the space the ball is arriving in

we'll see, maybe we'll stage our attacks differently today and won't focus on getting quick crosses in between keeper and defenders

COYS

Can we take advantage of Villa and United drawing...I hope so

We def need to score at least 2 to win, because Chris Wood is bound to bludgeon a goal against us tonight

Back