• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Newport County A.F.C *** FA Cup 4th round

Honestly, I don't know what Poch could have done to prevent that, however. The players are spineless - that's what the problem is at the moment. The most cowardly, spineless display I've seen from them for quite a while - every one of them an utter coward, save for Foyth and KWP because they're young and inexperienced.

Poch picked a strong enough side. Could he predict Llorente being about as physical as a wet paper cup? No. Could he predict Dier being utterly brainless again? No. Could he predict Wanyama being lazy, slow and useless? No. Could he predict Verts going 400% 'I can't be arsed with this' mode? No. Could he predict Trippier being League 2 level yet again? Well, maybe, but it didn't stop him picking him anyway.

Point being, he couldn't predict how utterly cowardly these players have proven to be in this half. And this is coming from someone who has given him a lot of stick in the past, sometimes very unfairly.

All he can do is change it up for the second half - rip these lazy, complacent cowards a new one and get them back out ready to fight - to push, and to compete with this lower league side that is outclassing them in every way.

That's what he can do. And that is his responsibility. But this....what we've seen so far...this just *isn't*.

No manager could have predicted this. You pick your side, it's strong, it's proven to be a brave, committed one in the past. And then they go out and do *that* - just show themselves to be spineless, soft bottlers of the worst sort. Can't be *rsed, won't be *rsed.

All the manager can do is ensure that it is contained to one half - by beating a better performance out of them if necessary. Smack some heads, throw some boots, loudly announce which players will be playing for the fudging U-18s after this. But change it. That's all Poch can do.

And it will be on him to ensure he does.

Generally agreed. I think Poch should've gone 4-4-2 myself, but in fairness it isn't like that couldn't quickly flex to that when they realize after 15 minutes it isn't working. Yes. Several passengers. Personally disappointed in Wanyama and Dembele, though Tripper to has been terrible. To your point, I think KWP has answered a few questions here, because he isn't at the races and looks to be getting bailed by Dier and Verts repeatedly.

We will win this but only because the second half performance will be a LOT better than the first half. Dele and Son will come on and each get a goal. Kane will also score. That’s my prediction but it’s very optimistic given the languid first half display.

Also the wind behind our backs, takes me back to park football when I was a kid.

Go back to 430pm and a lot of us were saying that the line-up looked odd and there was no creativity in the team. Its not really a surprise we're struggling. Would love to know what he was thinking with picking this team - pick any line-up which doesnt have creativity and you're relying on bullying the opposition and winning 1-0 or 2-0

Which we *can do*. If that's what it takes to win this game, our players have the physical tools to do so in spades, and the side was strong enough to do so.

But you need strength and steel to do that. Our players have no brains, no hearts and no pride - utterly useless, complacent, lazy cowards, every man of them save for KWP and Foyth. So that plan is down the tubes now, because you can't rely on them having a spine or any pride. So now we'll *have* to sling Son and Dele on.

But it didn't *have* to be this way.

Nothing to do with formations and tactics, just a lazy performance from the players.

Also, I hate fans of these brickholes teams, cheering every time a pass is misplaced, they are merely cheering their own inferior playing surface.

Newport have been playing like a PL team, Tottenham like a League 2 side.

You have to say the way things are going Newport must be odds on to win this.

Go back to 430pm and a lot of us were saying that the line-up looked odd and there was no creativity in the team. Its not really a surprise we're struggling. Would love to know what he was thinking with picking this team - pick any line-up which doesnt have creativity and you're relying on bullying the opposition and winning 1-0 or 2-0

I think that’s what he was hoping. As it is they’ve actually outplayed us.

Which we *can do*. If that's what it takes to win this game, our players have the physical tools to do so in spades, and the side was strong enough to do so.

But you need strength and steel to do that. Our players have no brains, no hearts and no pride - utterly useless, complacent, lazy cowards, every man of them save for KWP and Foyth. So that plan is down the tubes now, because you can't rely on them having a spine or any pride. So now we'll *have* to sling Son and Dele on.

But it didn't *have* to be this way.

Why when you're far better than the opposition do you pick a line-up which is going to turn it into a physical battle? Its a stupid idea. Rely on your skill to beat them - dont pick a team which levels things out. 8 of our 10 outfielders are 6 foot or over and we have no creativity. Utterly stupid selection

Let us not forget the opposite, they have been tenacious and brave.

Pochettino has some questions to answer now.. its becoming a recurring scenario.

We will win this but only because the second half performance will be a LOT better than the first half. Dele and Son will come on and each get a goal. Kane will also score. That’s my prediction but it’s very optimistic given the languid first half display.

Loving the @thfcsteff levels of optimism here! COYFS! We can turn this around.. Immediate half time change. Good, please not Son at LWB though..

How bad is KWP? He can’t even control the ball.
He has miscontrolled the ball a few times? Sure but he is has still been more attacking than most of his senior teammates. I would also not use this match to judge him as a player as he has been dragged down to the level of his tammates

Come on now, for fudge sake! We haven't lost for a third tier team for 102 years or something. Get in! Show some balls!

Let us forget the opposite, they have been tenacious and brave.

Pochettino has some questions to answer now.. its becoming a recurring scenario.

I am not sure what he wanted to achieve with zero creativity in squad.

We all wanted changes, but not all our creative players.

the lads will surely turn this around. theyve underestimated Newport big time but hopefully 2nd half just get a couple scrappy goals.

Back